Chapter 3

Was Never

Joonhi walked away from Momo and towards the voice of Jaebum. Momo felt close up. "Appa! Come meet Miss Hirai!" Joonhi said. "Miss Hirai! Are you okay?" Joonhi asked. "Appa, Miss Hirai isn't feeling well! We should send her to the hospital!" Joonhi said. "No, Joonhi. I'm fine." Momo said standing up and backing away. "Joonhi! Go on now. Uncle Kris is waiting with your favourite ice cream. It must be melting now." Jaebum said. Joonhi waved to Momo before leaving again.

Jaebum appeared from the corner. Momo froze. "Why? Why did you bring him here?" Momo asked. "I just wanted the best." Jaebum said. "Can't I have him back?" Momo asked, tears were welling up. "You remembered the contract. I gave you wealth and you gave me a heir." Jaebum said. "Liar! You never gave me anything. You only gave me a heartbreak. I was a fool to believe that." Momo said as she felt her chest tightened. "I was a fool to love you." Momo said. "Momo, you signed it." Jaebum said. "OF COURSE, YOU WOULD SAY THAT. YOU'RE NOT THE ONE WHO GAVE BIRTH TO HIM!" Momo shouted. "Why? You were so eager to kick me out that night. In the damn cold, I had to fight for myself and Joonhi." Momo said. "Look Momo, that was four years ago. Don't use that to threaten me." Jaebum said.

Momo just stopped talking and looked at Jaebum. She saw his eyes black and cold. Everything was dark. Momo knows that Jaebum has changed. She looks down again. "Please leave. We hwve to close now." Momo said turning around. Jaebum grabbed her wrist. "Don't push your luck, Hirai Momo." Jaebum said. Momo released his grip and walked away. Jaebum walked off leaving Momo to sob her heart out.

~~~~

The next day...

Momo arrives at work with a heavy heart. Jonghyun saw her and gasp but didn't say anything. There was a birthday party at Hyeri's house today. The kids were already there. Momo just arrived to the kindergarten to get some paperwork. She arrived at Hyeri's house and was greeted by her parents, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Momo bowed and entered the house. Hyeri saw her and greeted her. "Miss Hirai, you came!" Hyeri greeted. Momo smiled. "I cannot miss your party." Momo said kneeling down. "Thank you Miss Hirai!" Hyeri said hugging Momo. Momo patted her back. Hyeri went off to find some friends. Momo stood up again.

"Miss Hirai!" A familiar voice called. It was Joonhi. "You're early!" Joonhi said. "Well, it is you who is late Joonhi." Momo said. "Daddy, said that he has to end work first." Joonhi said. Momo looked up and saw Jaebum. "Miss Hirai, I'm sure you know my snooby friend, Im Jaebum." Chanyeol said popping infront of her. Momo nods. "Let's not forgrt the fact that I'm your boss, Chanyeol." Jaebum said. Momo tried hard not to glare at Jaebum. Hyeri walked off with Joonhi and Chanyeol leaving Momoa and Jaebum alone. Momo and Jaebum looked at each other before Baekhyun called them. "Miss Hirai! Jaebum!" Baekhyun called. Momo nods to Baekhyun and walks over. It was time to cut the cake. 

Momo took out the present she had and gave it to Hyeri. "Hyeri, open this last. Okay?" Momo asked. "Yes, Miss Hirai." Hyeri said. Momo looks at the cake. It was a cake that had the images of all the disney princesses. Momo smiled. "Hyeri likes Disney alot." Baekhyun said walking up to her. "I hope she'll like the frozen bag I got her." Momo said taking a sip of water. Baekhyun nods.

Momo sat down on a seat to eat the cake Hyeri handed her. "Miss Hirai! Joonhi has cream all over his mouth." Hyeri shouted. Momo looked at Joonhi who was next to Hyeri, who was standing next to her. Momo took some napkins and wiped Joonhi's mouth. Momo smiled again. Joonhi had finished his cake already and stood beside Momo. Momo saw Joonhi's yellow face. "Joonhi, are you alright?" Momo asked. Joonhi nodded but started crying and reached out to Jaebum who appeared out of nowhere, for a hug. Jaebum hugged Joonhi and brought him to the toilet where he vomitted which Momo saw since she followed them. Joonhi finally fell asleep. 

"What's wrong with him?" Momo asked. "Momo, you have no rights to ask." Jaebum said. "I need to know!" Momo said. "Jaebum! Oh, Miss Hirai you're here too!" Chanyeol said as he appeared. "We are serving dessert soon." Chanyeol said. "No, I think I will leave first, we have a trip tomorrow." Momo said. "I will send you." Jaebum offered. "No, its fine." Momo said. "I need a place to stay for the night. Joonhi can go to the kindergarten with you tomorrow." Momo nods and follows Jaebum who is carrying Joonhi out of the house. 

"Hold him!" Jaebum said. "What?" Momo asked. "Do you expect me to hug him while driving?" Jaebum asked sacarstically. "Okay." Momo said. She entered first and Jaebum gave Joonhi to Momo. Momo hugged joonhi as Joonhi rested on her chest. Jaebum closed the door of the back seat where Momo seated and entered the driver seat. They drove off. Momo looked at the nightview of Seoul and patted Joonhi uncinsiously. "How?" Momo asked as Jaebum pulled over at the ejtrance of her apartment. "I have my ways." Jaebum said. 

"Mama." Joonhi whispered. Momo looked down at Joonhi. "Joonhi will get better if Ms hirai becomes his Mama." Momo felt her heart clench. Joonhi is sleeptalking but Momo felt bad for him. Momo hugged him tighter. Jaebum opened the passenger door and carried Joonhi. Momo got out and Jaebum closed the door and locked the car. Momo took out her keys and opened the lobby door. Momo held the door for Jaebum. She pressed the lift button and entered the lift that has arrived. She pressed her level and quickly reached. She exited quickly and Jaebum walked slowly behind her. She pressed her door pin and opened the door for Jaebum. 

"You can put him in the first room." Momo said. Jaebum nidded and took off his shoes and entered the first room by pushing open the white room with one hand. Jaebum t eh lights and relieased hat it wss a room for Joonhi. He looked around and placed Joonhi down on the bed before walking out again. He arrived at the living room and sat beside Momo.

"Joonhi has kidney failure. His kidney is failing slowly. If it shuts down completely he has a low chance of surviving." Jaebum said. "I knew that it would happen someday. I had kidney problems when I was young." Momo said with tears in her eyes. "But I never expected it to happen so quickly." Momo said bursting out in tears. "Joonhi has a lower hance of surviving." Momo said. "I know. Doctors said that there is no other kidney that matches then we can't help him." Jaebum said. "I will!" Momo said. "Look, Momo if your kidneys don't match then-" "I am his Mother." Momo said. Jaebum sighed. "I can't give a transplant because I have it already because I already have a transplant." Jaebum said. Momo nodded.

"You can take my room." Momo said. "There's an extra bed." Momo said smiling. Jaebum nodded and entered Momo's room. It was a white coloured room with an extra bed. Jaebum said nothing and went to sleep after brushing his teeth and changing into the Momo gave him.