Chapter 4

Was Never

The next day...

Momo woke up at 6am to prepare breakfast for the two boys. She was dressed in a grey full above knee dress. It was long selved and had one side off the shoulder. Her hair was tied up. 

Momo prepared lunchboxes for the trip to the Zoo. Joonhi woke up tot he sound of sizziling oil. Momo was grilling some patties as a side. Joonhi walked out of his room. "Good morning Miss Hirai." Joonhi greeted. Momo turned around. "Good morning Joonhi, go and wash up. Use the stool okay?" Momo said turning back to the pan. Joonhi nodded and went to the toilet and pulled out the stool that Momo placed to let Joonhi reach the sink. She prepared a cup and extra toothbrush for him too. 

Momo continued to cook and Joonhi finished his washing up and walked up to Momo. "Miss Hirai!" Joonhi called. "Hello, Joonhi. You can help me with the cutting of vegetables." Momo said taking out a chopping boad and a kid's knife. Joonhi sat down on the counter as Momo teaches him how to cut the vegetables. Momo returned to cooking and checked on Joonhi once in a while. Momo finished the patties and was washing the pan to cook another dish. She decided to cook some chicken soup for Joonhi and Kimchi soup for herself and Jaebum. She brought out a whole chicken and filled it with alot of ingredients gralic, onion etc for seasoning. She also boiled the kimchi soup in the meantime.

Jaebum woke up to the smell of Kimchi and went to wash up. He saw Joonhi and Momo. "Hello, Daddy! Mama made some soup." Momo and Jaebum looked up. "I can call Miss Hirai Mama right?" Joonhi asked. Momo shrugged and continued to place kimchi paste inside the ladle witht he boiling water and submerging the dissolved paste into the soup. 

She made some spicy bulgogi for Jaebum and herself. She packed Joonhi's lunchbox first with some lotus leaf rice, patties and the vegetables Joonhi cut. She took out some eggs and mixed they together before pouring oil on a rectangular pan. She poured half of the egg mix in first and rolled it up and then pouring the rest. She made Tamagoyaki. She cuts the Tamagoyaki into half and cuts 4 of exch pieces into Jaebum and her box before putting the remaining in Joonhi's one. Momo packed Joonhi's lunchbox with the Tamagoyaki. She cuts some sausages and cutes half of them into 4 equal parts before frying them in the rectangular pan. Joonhi finished cutting the vegetable and Jaebum on the TV for him tot watch cartoons.

Momo watched the soup on high heat and packed in three different circular containers. Jnnhi got lots of chicken and lots of soup too. Momo scooped up some kimchi soup into Jaebum and her container. She use the leftovers as breakfast, only the chicken soup not the kimchi soup. It's bad to drink spicy stuff in the morning. The kimchi soup was finsihed by the time Momo placed it in Jaebum's container. 

Jaebum and Joonhi ate breakfast that Momo prepared Momo just scooped some rice and mixed it into her soup. "Miss Hirai take a picture with me and the monkeys later." Joonhi said. "Okay." Momo said. "Daddy is scared of Monkeys." Joonhi continued. "Am not." Jaebum said. "Am too!" Joonhi replied. "Im Jaebum why so scared of them?" Momo said. "Have you watched movies? Monkeys are scary." Jaebum said. Momo shook her head and went to her room.

 Momo got her black sling bag and packed her stuff. She changed into skinny jeans and a white selveless peplum top. Momo came out and saw Jaebum putting the dishes away. "Mr Im, you can place them at the dishwasher." Momo said. Jaebum nodded and found the disheswasher. He placed the dishes in and started it. Jaebum got his coat and necktie and quickly dressed for the trip. He is a CEO so no matter what the ocasion he still has to wear it but he can take it out later.

Momo got Joonhi somw shirt and pants and helped him get dresses. Joonhi got his backpack that he has placed in some snacks and his water bottle. Momo got some bags to store their lunches. She gave Jaebum one and one for herself. Jaebum's bag contained his and Joonhi's lunches and soups. Momo just took hers and the three were out of the door.

They reached the Zoo quickly by Jaebum's car and the others were already there. Jonghyun was introducing the Zoo and rules they have to follow. Joonhi went to sit with the kids and Jaebum stood with the parents. Jonghyun took out a paper. "Alrught! Miss Hirai's class will spilt as there are too many students so group 1 to 4 will follow Miss Luna and the rest will follow Miss Hirai." Jonghyun said. 1 to 4 if Joonhi's group. 

Momo was about to set off with her group after giving some instructions. "NO, I WANT MISS HIRAI!" Momo turned around to Joonhi' crying. Joonhi ran towards her and almost knocked down Momo with the speed he was running in. Joonhi was all tears and crashed into Momo. Momo wobbled but held herself on to support Joonhi and herself. "Miss Hirai." Luna said appraoching her. "It's alright I'll take Joonhi with me." Momo said. Luna bowed to her before returning to her group.

Momo wiped Joonhi's tear and picked up her lunchbag. They set off to the different places to collect stamps for the stamp card Momo just handed out. They arrived at the last exibition, the monkey exibition and the families went to explore the exibition. Momo was looking at the animals and Joonhi appraoched her. Momo smiled. Joonhi wanted a hug which Momo just have him. Jaebum appraoched them.

"Joonhi wants to name the monkeys." Joonhi said. "Go ahead." Momo said. "That monkey is Uncle Kris and that monkey is Mr Jonghyun. And that monkey is Daddy." Momo tried to not laugh but couldn't help and burst into laughter. Joonhi buried his face into Momo's chest. Momo tried to stable the two as she was laughing so hard her stomach hurt. "Now, i look like a monkey." Jaebum said. "What about Miss Hirai?" Momo asked. "Miss Hirai is a zookeeper." Joonhi said. Momo laughed and stopped. "I have to take care of your messy daddy then." Momo said. "Daddy's office is messy." Joonhi pointed out. Momo burst out laughing again. "Stop laughing." Jaebum said. 

"Joonhi wants the photo now!" Joonhi said. Momo nodded. Jaebum took out his phone and through the screen he saw a familiar figure from the opposite of the Zoo exibition. It was a guy in black suit. Specifically, Kim Jongin. He was holding a gun and was about to shoot Momo with it. Jaebum rushed over as the bullet travelled and shot into his arm. Jaebum collapsed and Momo got shocked. "Mr Im! Mr Im!" Momo called out kneeling down beside him. Joonhi released his grip from Momo's neck and stood beside Jaebum. "Daddy! Daddy!" Joonhi cried. Momo shook Jaebum who got unconsious. She called the ambulandpce after searching it from his phone. Jonghyun approached them. "Oppa, take care of the kids." Momo said as paramedics approached Jaebum and lifted him on a strecher. Jonghyun nodded and got all the parents and kids gathered as they leave the scene to the entrance of the Zoo. 

Momo carried Joonhi and their things to board the ambulance. The paramedics were trying to stop the bleeding and have placed an oxygen mask on his face. They reached the hospital and Momo picked Joonhi upa nd their lunches and followed the paramedics until the surgery room. They waited for 2 hours and the doctor came out. "Doctor is he alright?" Momo asked rushing up to him. "Yes, he has not much blood lost but we will continue to review his condition." The doctor said. Momo thanked the doctor. "Ah, you can visit him in room 203." The doctor said before walking off again. Momo thanked the doctor. Joonhi was sitting near the corner. "Joonhi, let's have lunch first." Momo said. "Is daddy okay?" Joonhi asked. "Yes, your daddy is resting now so the doctors told us to eat first." Momo said. Joonhi took Momo's hand and they walked to the cafe. 

Momo foudn a baby chair and sat Joonhi on it. She opened the lunchboxes except Jaebum's share. She opened the soup containers and got Joonhi some rice on bis spoon and dipped it into the soup and placed some chicken ontop before feeding Joonhi. She took a quick bite of her rice and bulgogi before feeding Joonhi again. She took the octopus sausage this time and delivered it into his mouth. Momo seperated the egg and feed Joonhi some. She took a sip from her soup. Joonhi took the spoon and fork from Momo and fed himself. Momo smiled and quickly ate to help Joonhi out. He finished the soup to the last drop and the chicken. They finished the food and packed up before going up to the rooms again. Momo held Joonhi's hand as they walked down the corridoor.

They arrived at Jaebum's room and saw that he was awake. Joonhi rushed in and Momo closed the door. "Have you eaten?" Momo asked. Jaebum shook his head. Momo took out the lunchbox she prepare dfor Jaebum and the soup. Jaebum thanked her and tried to pick up his chopsticks but it dropped. Momo sighed and handed him the spoon which her held on tightly. Momo picked up some rice with her chopsticks along with some sides. Jaebum finished the food slowly. "Hello, it is over visitior hour." The nurse said. Momo nodded and packed up. Joonhi was playing nearby. "Joonhi, let's go. Say bye to your dad now." Momo said. Joonhi nodded and went to kiss Jaebum's cheeks. "Bye daddy, see you tomorrow!" Joonhi said cheerfully as he held Momo's hand. They exited the hospital and took a taxi back to Momo's apartment.

 Joonhi fell asleep on the taxi and Momo carried him up after paying the taxi fee. Joonhi woke up after and Momo took him to the bathroom. She removed his clothes and set him in the bathtub and washed his hair and body. She rinsed the soap off. She had to be quick as Joonhi was fally asleep. Momo got him some sky blue pajamas with Robocar Poli ontop. Joonhi walked out to the living room holding his blanket and Momo was jeating milk over the stove. She poured the hot milk into some coco and pourd it into Joonhi's bottle and added some cool water. 

Momo handed Joonhi the bottle and Joonhi laid down on the sofa as Momo the TV for Joonhi to watch some cartoons. Momo proceeded to the kitchen to wash the bento boxes. "Mama!" Joonhi called. Momo appraoched him. "Yes, Joonie?" Momo asked. "Joonhi likes Mama's cooking!" Joonhi said. Momo smiled. Joonhi handed her the emoty bottle. Komo smiled and went to wash it quickly. Joonhi approached her for a hug. Momo hugged him as Joonhi lied sleepily on Momo's shoulder. Joonhi fell asleep soon. 

Momo smiled and pkaced him inside the room before leaving again. "Goodnight baby." Momo said kissing his forehead and she left the room to shower quickly and chnaged into a grey, one side off shoulder, loose above knee dress. 

(Whew! That was some explanation!)