Chapter 8

Was Never

1 month later...

Momo and Melody along with Melody's boyfriend, Samuel arrived at the court. They have found the suspect of the crimes that were behind all this, Luna. The Kims arrived and Momo entered with Melody behind her. Samuel supported her as they walked. Momo met her new lawyer, Jeongyeon. Momo was happy to see her best friend. "Jeongie. I trust you with this one." Momo said. Jeongyeon gave her a thumbs up. They also met Luna's lawyer, Hera. Hera greeted Jeongyeon as she was her junior. 

"I heard many great things about your cases." Hera said. "Of course, that is just the surface." Jeongyeon said as they entered the court. The judge entered and everyone rosed. The court began after everyone sat down. 

(Like I said, I will just keep it short as the procedure is a little complicated and yeah.) 

"Your Honour, my client is truly innocent and has nothing to do with this all sort." Hera said. "Oppose! Your Honour. This is a little suspicious. The fact that my client's friend, parents and her child died on the same day but was planned one month apart from each other." Jeongyeon said. "Your Honour, this doesn't relate to the cases." Hera said. Jeongyeon's assistant pulled out something and handed it to the judge before returning to the seat next to Jeongyeon. The Judge took it. "Your Honour. My ckient found it in the thumbdrive the previous lawyer had." Jeongyeon said. "That is stealing." Hera said. "No your honour. The previous lawyer handed it to her." Jeongyeon said. Hera wanted to say something but was cut off. 

"Alright. The board has decided to let Luna free but if she does this things again. She will get into jail." The Judge said as he exited. Jeongyeon sighed and looked at Momo before turning her face to Hera who was like 'loser!' 

Momo left with Jeongyeon first as they wanted to catch up. Luna approached Melody and called her although Samuel told her not to got Melody well is stuborn.

Melody followed Luna to the staricase. "I apologise for whatever happened in the court. I will talk to my lawyer so that she calms down a little." Luna said. Melody smiled. Luna began to walk forward and Melody with instict walk backwards. Luna then pushed her down and Melody lost her balance as she tried to find something to grip on but failed and tumbled down the staircase. Luna smirked and swipped her hands. "Listen to your boy next time." Luna smirked. Luna walked off. Samuel decided to look for Melodyand when he got their. He saw Melody crying while holding her stomach in a pool of blood. The paramedics arrived as Samuel called them. 

Melody arrived at the hospital. When she opened her eyes, she saw it all white. She got up frantically and touched her stomach looked at Samuel who was looking at her. "My baby....where is it?" Melody asked. "The doctors had to take the baby out it didn't sustained the fall." Samuel said. Hearing that Melody paused for awhile but started screaming and crying.

 "MY BABY! MY PRECIOUS BABY!" She wailed. Melody saw an opened windo and rushed to it. "My baby! I'm coming for you." She said. Samuel was trying to get her to calm down Momo heard the news and rushed to the hospital. When she opened the door, she saw a Melody who was about to jump down and rushed to pull her back while her bodyguard closed the window and drew the curtains. "Unnie! Are you crazy?" Momo asked. "Yes I AM crazy! You never lost your baby before even getting to hold him. So why would you understand?" Melody asked, she was losing it.

"HIRAI MEI(Melody's real name.)! YOU THINK I NEVER LOST MY CHILD? I LOST HIM TO THE GUNSHOT. A DAMN GUNSHOT. AND I WILL NEVER GET HIM BACK, YOU HAVE SAMUEL. YOU GUYS CAN ALWAYS GET ANOTHER BABY! ME? I WILL NEVER GET IT, I NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO SEE HIM GROW UP, OR SEE HIS WEDDING. OR BE CRYING WHEN WE QUARRELED. I LOOKED FORWARD TO SO MANY MEMORIES WITH HIM, GOOD OR BAD. I NEVER EVEN HAD THE CHANCE TO PRAISE HIM MUCH. I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO CELEBRATING EVERY CELEBRATIONS WITH HIM. SO WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME?" Momo said with tears flowing down. Melody looked at Momo who was in tears and bit her lip. "You still had another chance. You would give up your life for another? Why would you do that?" Momo asked softly. Melody lowered her head. "It hurts Momo. It hurts so bad." Melody said. "My baby!" Melody said sobbing as she lied on Momo's shoulder. 

Melody fell asleep as she was too tired after all the drama. Momo returned to her old apartment which she hasn't sold since it is much closer to the office when she works overtime, she stays there. She is currently running Doiuse. Momo entered Joonhi's old room and touched everything and felt his presense. Her legs gave in and she dropped to the floor and started sobbing.

"My baby!" Momo sobbed as she leaned on the bed which has Joonhi's smell on it and cried herself to sleep.