I want to know you

One step away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
To my previous readers: you might want to re-read ch. 1 to refresh, I re-wrote it too.

 

If you are on speaking terms with son chaeyoung you’d know she isn’t one to initiate a conversation with people she barely knew much more try and prolong it. Maybe that was why she never really had any friends before jeongyeon.

You really definitely absolutely won't but..

here she is..

Trying whatever for god knows what reason.

She holds her phone few inches above her face. Looking at it intently like the message will magically send by itself if she stares at it hard enough. Her thumb hovers over the send button.

What could go wrong, right?

 

: It’s chaeyoung, save my number? :)

 

It looked decent and polite especially with a smiley, she thought. Telling herself that she did well.

 

("C-can I get your number?" She can't believe she just stuttered and she's really out here trying to get someone's number and not just anyone but Myoui Mina, someone Jeongyeon is so smitten with.

Mina couldn't believe her ears so she repeats the question, "my number?" Her voice is so soft it was almost impossible to hear especially with chaeyoung's heartbeat pounding against her own ears out of nervousness.

She hasn't ever tried to ask for someone's number and her heart is about to leap out of her chest due to the millions of responses from Myoui Mina that she can think of.

Just with the thought that one of those is her being rejected, makes her palms sweat. Why is she in this situation, she doesn't even curse but she wants to curse herself right now.

"Yeah" the younger gulps, fiddling with her phone that she fished out of her pocket, "if that's alright"

"I mean you don't really have to" she added.

"Sure" Chaeyoung looks up at her, "i'll uhh give you my number" she curls her lips into that oh so blinding smile)

 

Chaeyoung laughs unbelievably at herself the last people she made friends with would probably be Tzuyu and Dahyun. No, it's definitely Tzuyu and Dahyun but that just happened.. naturally. Without chaeyoung feeling this embarrassed and nervous.

Her phone vibrates in her hand. It almost slipped through her fingers straight to her face. Ouch. That would've hurt.

She turned to her side, settling into a more comfortable and safe position (she wouldn't wanna go to school with a bump on her forehead. Jeongyeon won't let her hear the end of it)

 

She taps the notification.

 

Myoui Mina: hey chaeyoung. Alright. Saved! :)

 

She knitted her eyebrows as she thinks. What’s she supposed to reply to that.

Thank you?

Another smiley?

Chaeyoung sighs, tossing her phone and watches it roll to the edge of her bed knocking out one of her bunny stuffed toys.

It joins her long abandoned sketchbook and various sketching materials that's laid out messily on the floor.

The young girl muttered a small sorry before picking it up and clutches it against her chest.

Lying on her back she fills her lungs with air, throwing one of her arm over her eyes.

So boring.

Her chest deflates as she breathes out slowly, feeling her body loosen up. The stiffness leaves together with her heavy breath.

and like any other night she just lets herself drift off to sleep.

 

 

It’s been about 13 minutes since she entered through the school gates and about 8 minutes since she sat on her chair yet she’s already counting down the hours to the end of class.

She doesn’t know why she wants it to end so soon when there’s nothing that awaits her at home. It's not like she's completely alone though, she has her parents who are just too busy to give their daughter the life she they want.

There's also this old lady who comes to clean their house every wednesday, filling up the stocks of groceries that's obviously more than enough for her.

but still.. 

The only thing that makes everything bearable would be her friends..

And speaking of them..

“Hey tiger! Good morning!” dahyun’s jolly voice greets as she hops her way to her seat, followed by a “hello” from tzuyu trailing just a few steps behind looking as ethereal as ever.

“morning” she replied. The two girls took their seats, one beside her and the other behind.

“say, wanna hang out after school? I heard there’re few new stalls by the center mall. Want to check it out?” says dahyun as she takes out her notes from her bag.

Tzuyu just shrugs and before chaeyoung could respond the bell rings signaling the start of the class.

 

 

Chaeyoung lifts the little bunny stuffed toy in her hand, pinching its nose over and over out of boredom, knowing full well that the poor thing will never fight back.

They ended up going to the mall just as Dahyun suggested.

There were few new stalls and one of them sells a zoo of stuffed toys. She may or may not have bought another stuffed toy despite claiming she isn't fond of them one bit.

It joins its new family beside her pillows.

("here, my birthday gift for you! Just think that it's me, hug me to sleep. So you won't feel alone when we're not there" Nayeon ruffled her hair again. Jeongyeon and Jihyo snickered behind nayeon. Chaeyoung whined over and over claiming how she's not a child and how she doesn't need it but takes it home anyway)

She swears to her 7th bunny stuffed toy that she isn't fond of them.

 

 

"Hey, chaeng" Jeongyeon waves from their regular table in the cafeteria. She smiled and waved back as she made her way opposite of her.

"Where is nayeon unnie and jihyo unnie?" the younger asked, eyeing at the empty seats beside Jeongyeon.

"Ah, they'll be here soon. I think they got called by the student council for uhh some meeting?"

That was some normal occurence for the two. On top of their popularity due to beauty and brains, they are both junior student council members. Everybody seems expecting them to be the next president and vice president like it has always been a given.

"Ah.. about the student council election?" she sits and settles her bag beside her.

"Eh? it's already soon?", she looks at the wall clock before adding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter