Ripped page

One step away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't that bad.

Everything is normal.

 

Except her erratic heart beating out of her chest because she's suddenly aware—too aware.

Mina is a friend. A friend who holds her hand, who hangs out with her after school, someone who she shares her whole playlist with. That's probably something but she's like any other friend, she convinces herself.

 

Right now she's lying on Chaeyoung's lap while watching hell boy—like any other friend.

The younger can't believe Mina adores that demon looking buff guy so much. He's red, not exactly good looking, hot headed and that unsightly horn that looks like a thick slice of pepperoni glued to both sides of his forehead...

That doesn't distract her from their close proximity though. It was the first time Mina laid her head on Chaeyoung's lap. The younger felt that Mina became more comfortable with everyone after the night everyone went to her house to celebrate. She's probably warming up to everyone now. She's clingy, not the annoying type but the soft one whatever that is; she's always looking like a lost penguin following humans all the time as Sana would describe.

Mina is someone older than her but there are times that she would forget. She's soft spoken, polite to a fault, and right now she's looking like an adorable child on her lap.

 

Not knowing what to do with her hand, Chaeyoung plays with the older girl's locks. It's soft and she feels her heart skip a beat when Mina leans to her touches. She shouldn't be doing this! It's not doing good for anyone (except Mina she looks really comfy)

She tries to get her mind off the girl on her lap but how can she when she's right literally right there cuddling onto her lap? That makes her as stiff as a board. Making her movements minimum just in case the older girl would feel uncomfortable.

 

Mina would point out various scenes with enthusiasm but Chaeyoung would only focus on the way she speaks, the way her eyes sparkle and the way her thin upper lip would curl in showing her gums. She doesn't miss her perfectly placed moles on that perfectly made face.

"Chaeyoung-ah?" Mina calls for her attention she must've been daydreaming for too long. She blushes.

"Hm?" She hums in reply. She doesn't look at her in hopes that she won't notice.

The older girl is now fully facing her while still lying down, crossing her arms on her chest also not knowing where to put it.

"Is there something in your mind these days?" She asks.

Chaeyoung frowns, "Why?"

"I don't know. I can just feel it" She replies, turning her head to look at the TV screen. Chaeyoung can see Mina's sharp jawline from the corner of her eyes, she can't help but steal a glance but then their eyes meet.

Mina lifts her hand slowly. It feels like the world has come to a slow motion for Chaeyoung, a lot of things in her mind at once. She then felt Mina's touch under her lips. The older girl presses a finger on her mole looking at it intently as if it's a button that would make her spill everything.

"W-why?" The younger girl asks not really moving much.

"Nothing I felt like touching it... I've been wanting to since forever" She looked funny, Chaeyoung guesses cause she hears Mina's cute giggles.

 

Not good.

 

Chaeyoung gets up and excused herself busying herself in the kitchen with nothing. The movie finished, it's still pretty early and there's really nothing to do much. It's rude to ask Mina if she wants to go already, She'd say so if she wants to anyway and Chaeyoung isn't sure if she wants to let go of Mina so soon. These days she really enjoys her company and spending time with the older girl is something she looks forward to everyday.

"Do you want to eat here?"

"Ah, should I?" she replies, showing her gummy smile. Chaeyoung takes that as a yes.

"Now what should I make?" She opens her refrigerator to search for anything she could make for the two of them.

"Can I help?"

"uhm, sure?", The cub says over her shoulder.

"Sorry but can I... uhm borrow some clothes?" she fidgets with her hand. She's polite to a fault alright, she didn't have to say sorry at all, "It would be a pain if I get anything on my uniform" she explains.

Chaeyoung looks at her uniform, how can she not think of offering anything to the older girl all this time, how uncomfortable must she be with those on every time they hang out in her house while she wears her home clothes, "Sure, no problem"

She closes the fridge door and went to her room to get some clothes that would fit Mina. All her comfortable clothes are all loose shirts and shorts, she bites her lips thinking how Mina would look on these. She made her way to the older girl and handed her the clothes, telling her that she can change in her room.

 

Chaeyoung tries to take her mind off the girl in her room by rummaging through her fridge. She decides to make an omelette rice and seaweed soup for the both of them since there isn't much ingredients needed for that. She starts cracking and beating the eggs, cutting few vegetables to go with the rice... she was in full concentration until she realized that Mina still hasn't come out of her room.

What's taking her so long?

She washed and dried her hands and went to her room to check on Mina but not without knocking just in case she's still changing.

She opens the door when she didn't hear an answer, "Mina?" she calls out.

Mina then looks up from looking at the frame on her hand she immediately put it back on Chaeyoung's night stand, "S-sorry, I was just looking around. I-I didn't touch anything! Well, except that frame" It was a photo of her, Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo. It was during the oldest three's middle school graduation. Nayeon insisted on the four of them taking a photo together even. They were smiling and Nayeon has been hugging Chaeyoung so tight in the photo, the younger girl displaying a displeased look on her face that made Jeongyeon and Jihyo laugh beside them. It was a happy photo. It was also her favorite.

"It's fine unnie", she frowns a little. She doesn't like her things being touched at all but Mina doesn't need to know that, "do you wanna make the soup? I'm making omelette rice" she smiles softly at the older girl.

"O-okay" She follows her to the kitchen and asks Chaeyoung what goes in what and where the kitchenware are placed. It's Mina's first time using Chaeyoung's kitchen for cooking and she isn't that bad (because what could go wrong with preparing soups?)

"You seem to like stuffed toys a lot" Mina says while looking at the pot intently waiting for the water to boil.

Chaeyoung was confused at first cause they were talking about food (if they were even talking) but then suddenly asking about stuffed toys. She must be talking about the stuffed toys on her bed; that made her blush a little cause having a family of stuffed toys on your bed seemed really childish but it's not something she's ashamed of. Not really.

"Ah. Those..." she starts, "Most of it are Nayeon unnie's gifts to me" she smiles warmly.

Mina just made an O expression with seemingly satisfied with the answer and decides to continue with her work.

 

They finished cooking and ate while talking about random things like the café Sana recommended they go to, the teacher that Mina's whole class hates. A topic would start and it would just keep branching out. Chaeyoung mostly talks and Mina puts in her two cents, making jokes with each other, talking about their likes and dislikes and until it's time for Mina to go home.

Mina insisted on washing the dishes but Chaeyoung is more stubborn than she is and told her to just leave it on the sink. She made her way to the door after grabbing her stuff.

"C-can I walk you home?"

"It's so late at night chaeng, I don't think it's safe for you to walk me home"

"Exactly, so I don't think it's safe for you to walk alone"

"Wouldn't you be walking alone after walking me home though?" Mina argues.

Chaeyoung pouts at that, she's right but Chaeyoung thinks she can take care of herself but that's what Mina probably thinks for herself too.

 

The younger thinks about how lonely and silent it'd be again after Mina leaves.

Mina hangs out with her more than her other friends. Besides her crush for the older girl, which she just recently admitted to herself, Mina is already a good company as a friend to start with. She would laugh at Chaeyoung's jokes and would agree with her, would symphatize with her but not without stating her own opinion about things. Mina is smart, Mina is pretty, she's talented and so easy to get close with unlike herself. She pouts at the thought that she couldn't extend her time with the older girl.

"I can try calling my brother to pick me up" Mina says but that still doesn't wipe the pout off Chaeyoung's face.

 

Fortunately her brother is home and is still awake so he agrees to pick Mina up to Chaeyoung's relief and disappointment.


They were silently sitting in the living room waiting for Mina's brother to come. The TV is on but neither of them are watching it.

"Sorry" A word slips out of Chaeyoung's mouth. Sorry for wanting to spend more time with you.

"For what?" Mina looks at her confused.

"We shouldn't hang out this late, I should've sent you home much earlier. It's really dangerous to walk this late at night" She says instead. It's true, it's almost 10 PM.

Mina chuckles, "It's fine we just lost track of time"

 

She looks at Mina like she would vanish permanently after they part. If it's a phase she wants to cherish all the pleasant feelings this little crush has introduced to her for the first time. Those little butterflies that wars in her stomach every time they touch. She thought when people say, 'my heart skipped a beat' it was just a stupid analogy of some sorts until she found out that someone can literally make your heart skip a beat. She physically felt it, what more explanation does she need. She has a crush on her new friend and it does both good and bad to her heart.

 

"What's wrong?" Mina asks.

"Y-You have some seaweed in your teeth" she lies. Mina got embarassed and shuts , searching for the nonexistent seaweed with her tongue until Chaeyoung bursts into fits of laughter.

"You should've seen your face" she says in between her laughter.

"Mean" she pouted and laughs along.

 

Her brother arrives shortly after, she left after saying their goodbyes to each other.

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter