All the stupid things

One step away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She her bed for the nth time unable to sleep. She wants to put off the thinking until tomorrow when she wakes up but her mind obviously has other plans.

It's 12:37 A.M. so it's basically 'tomorrow' already but we all have that unspoken rule where it isn't, not until you wake up.

And in order to wake up you need to have slept first.

Myoui Mina

"I want to know you better!" Her voice bounced off the school walls.

Her heartbeat pounded against her ears, she suspects she might've become deaf because she couldn't hear what the older girl was saying. She watches her wave and jog towards her brother's car but not before flashing that oh so blinding smile.

She couldn't even say something back.

The encounter stole her senses completely. She became deaf, blind and mute at the same time.

Strange.

She felt her cheeks burn because even though nobody was around to witness her impulsive confession of interest to get to know the older girl, it was still her first time to show such other than her friends who, not to brag, came around her first.

She knows she didn't have that charm that Jeongyeon has of course and she wouldn't have friends like Dahyun and Tzuyu if also not for Jeongyeon constantly inviting them to lunch, nudging Chaeyoung every now and then in between laughters and chatters just to whisper, "you should be friends with them, they seem nice", which Chaeyoung would frown and scoff in disgust whenever Jeongyeon would bring it up.

Dahyun is a ball of energy personified and Tzuyu is just stone cold. She wouldn't be able to breathe around the pale girl and would definitely just be awkward around the tall one. She didn't think they'd even match.
 

"what?" Chaeyoung growled in annoyance, the smug look on the older's face screams victory. She knows Jeongyeon wouldn't let her live.

"Ohhh, you exchanged numbers?" "so you guys checked out the new store in the main together"

She feels like she's about to burst. As expected, she always loses to the older girl, "Yes, we're friends now! Happy?"

The older grinned and ruffled her hair, "very" she then felt her cheeks flush.

 

It really wasn't that bad as she thought it would be though.....

 

Oh, who is she kidding. Her other two new friends are great, even though they came a little later into their lives they inserted themselves pretty well into their daily routines without trying so hard. They make it so easy. Like they've always belonged there.

She doesn't know if she can do the same thing for Mina. She hasn't ever tried getting into someone else's life. All she ever did was sit there and adjust, never in the front lines.

 

She closes her eyes as she thinks more...

She appreciates her two friends even more.

Maybe she'll give her two friends a big hug when they meet tomorrow.

 

 

The planned big hug didn't ever come because Kim Dahyun is such a big annoying pest so early in the morning.

"Chaeyoung-ah! chaeng chaeng~", she keeps on calling Chaeyoung's name cutely. Poking her in places.

The first time Chaeyoung responded, Dahyun just giggled like a lovestruck teenager in return. The shorter girl looked at Tzuyu asking what the hell is this eagle on so early in the morning.

Tzuyu mouthed 'Sana' and everything just made sense. Describing her as a lovestruck teenager was exactly right.

Dahyun has a crush on the older girl who's a year senior to them. She would always say how lucky would the guy Sana would be dating in the future.

It's not like Chaeyoung doesn't know where Dahyun is coming from.

Sana is beautiful and kind. They have never interacted with more than a Hi, Hello or a quick nod in the hallways but you'd just know.

Sana and Momo just gives off that vibe, their beautiful reputation speaks for itself. That was also why she was relieved they're the ones who are spending time with Mina rather than some bunch of trying hard drama queens' clique.

 

Chaeyoung just shakes her head at Dahyun's still ongoing monolouge and turns to face the front, ready to countdown the minutes til their first lecture starts.

"Chaeyoungie!", She turns her head to the voice by the door and an automatic grin creeped on her lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter