I can see why

One step away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"what brings you here jeongyeon unnie?" Asked chaeyoung as she looks up from her notes, directing the question to the sophomore student she calls unnie (or sometimes hyung)

the older one grinned at her, "I think i'm in love chaeng"

the younger quirked a brow. 

Again?, she thought.

And it seems like the older read her mind.

"it's different this time! I swear"

chaeyoung shook her head and directed her attention back to her notes, "everytime you claim you're in love you say that it's different every time too. You know I ain't buying that anymore"

 

Chaeyoung has been friends with jeongyeon ever since she moved to this town. She looks up to the girl so much and admire everything about her (in the platonic means of it), except maybe how she falls in and out of love so easily. She just can't get right with it no matter how much she loved the girl.

 

"you should totally see her and you'll know what i'm talking about! i'm telling you she's a goddess!" chaeyoung figured jeongyeon must be talking about the new transfer student fom japan who everyone's been raving about.

She closed her notes and lets out an exasperated sigh as she lazily got up and followed jeongyeon so just she'd stop pestering chaeyoung about how she should see her 'new found love' she quotes jeongyeon in her mind.

They went to jeongyeon's classroom. The older stood by the door and proudly pointed at the girl who she claims is a goddess. Chaeyoung peeked from behind the older girl. The 'goddess' is looking down at her notes. Her hair is at shoulder length and is covering her face so it was hard for the younger girl to see her beauty (as Jeongyeon repeats over and over on their way here) especially from this distance.

"I can't see" chaeyoung whined.

Jeongyeon chuckles and called out, "mina!" waving at her too.

Mina.

The girl called mina looked up and chaeyoung felt the world slow down. Eh?

WOW. She couldn't agree more with the older girl.

Her soft looking hair perfectly landed on her shoulders and chaeyoung wonders if the school changed its bulb lights because the room is suddenly brighter.

She's waving towards chaeyoung's direction and realized that it was directed at jeongyeon.

The older girl beside her grinned from ear to ear with that smug look on her face and chaeyoung could just frown.

What jeongyeon wants, jeongyeon gets. Chaeyoung thought.

 

 

Not even a week and jeongyeon managed to get mina's number. Not even a month and she's already eating together with their clique in the cafeteria.

Chaeyoung could just steal glances at nayeon, jeongyeon's ex; someone who she also admires (a little more than jeongyeon), who's sitting with them on the table with that unreadable expression plastered on her beautiful face. She's maybe feeling awkward with the new addition especially because it's her ex's new apple of the eye but it isn't like this is the first time this happened.

This is one of the reasons why chaeyoung points jeongyeon's love life as one of her greatest flaws that sometimes it outweighs her great traits.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon were bestfriends first before being together and now back to being friends after breaking up. Jeongyeon took the transition well (obviously) and everyone thinks nayeon has also been doing well about it but there are some times where she has this unknown expression on her face exactly just like this moment and chaeyoung could only guess what it means.

A month of mina hanging out with them (enduring dahyun's silly antics, answering jihyo's knife-like interrogations like investigating mina of some sort asking her of her lineage and what her family does and some intellecual conversations about subjects tzuyu wishes to take in the future, during lunch breaks) chaeyoung's pretty sure mina is smitten with jeongyeon's charms, she would always flash that blinding smile towards the older girl and the latter would do just same like they have their own little world.

She was pretty sure until one lunch break jeongyeon came to their table, sat down with a huff, minaless.

"where's mina?" jihyo asked as she bites down her spoon.

"she's straight"

all heads turned to jeongyeon's direction.

but chaeyoung is the only one who voiced everyone's question out loud.

"Did you just get rejected?" if there's a little glee in her voice she doesn't seem to bother hiding it one bit.

 

The other half of the no fun duo glared at the younger for rubbing it on her face, "as much as you obviously like it, yes".

 

The younger chuckled and their friends can't help but laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter