Chapter 6

Intimacy

Hana’s POV

 

So I just got home and I can feel my stomach is grumbling so loud that I can hear it, it’s growling like a mad wolf. “Man..I hope there’s food inside the fridge, I can’t remember the last time I went grocery shopping.”

 

I open the fridge and it’s empty, like complete empty except for the ice cubes cause it’s always there. I sighed and rubbed my forehead, “I need to save up for the rent and water and bills, dad’s bank account money is not enough for me to spend more..”

 

Not to mention that I have a problem with the man in suits who always search for me no matter where I go, he will always found me. “Where can I get all the money to pay him, if I pay him with dad’s money, I might ended up in the orphanage..”

 

Okay I think too much, I should stop over-thinking which I do it all the time. It’s easy to say but it’s hard to do. “Guess I just have to starve for tonight, I’ll just drink water and then go to bed so I won’t think about eating..”

 

The next morning, like usual. I woke up then I get ready and then take the bus to school. I wish my life would be more interesting instead of just being in a building for more than 5 hours. But now it’s college, it’s a big deal. I’ll get my diploma and I’ll get a job so I can pay my parent’s debt. That way I don’t have to sell my kidneys.

 

I walk inside the classroom, like always I’m early. I guess most the kids here went to clubbing last night, they have a life and I don’t. All I can think of is worrying about my parent’s debt and money. Money money money and money. That’s why I don’t go out and party or drinking like the other kids nowadays.

 

“Hey what’s up shawty!”Taehyung called with a wink. I smiled and waved at him, “Hey cousin..good morning..surprise to see you’re not late.”I said.

 

He pouted sitting next to me, “What? Since when am I late? FIY I’m always punctual.” He defended.

 

I giggled, there’s something with this boy that I really like. Not because of his cute appearance, most of the girls here have a crush on him but I don’t think he is interested in any of them. Besides, I just found out that he has a girlfriend. Which I wanna know more about her.

 

“So..you and your girlfriend..is everything alright between you two?”I asked.

 

His smiley face immediately turns into a frown, “Why all the sudden you asked me about her?”He asked.

 

From the look of his eyes, I know he’s heartbroken. I guess something did happened between them. Why am I eager to know. It’s none of my business anyways.

 

“Sorry, anyways..did you sleep well last night?”I asked.

 

He sighed, “You’re so boring cousin!” He grabs my hand and place the palm of my hand on his cheek, “Can you feel I’m bored as hell right now, and then we’re gonna start listening for 24 hours lecturing later?”

 

I laughed and he let go of my hand, “It’s not 24 hours you idiot. You’re so OA.”

 

He rolled his eyes at me, “It still feels like 24 hours..Actually I hate this class but I’m just here because…”

 

He looked at me and then looked down and I can see him gulped, He giggled and shook his head, “It’s nothing, forget about it.”

 

My brows furrowed, “Huh? What is up with you today.”I said.

 

He just smiled and then grab one of his textbook and reads it.

 

That was weird.

 

After all that lecturing, we finally can go home and rest. “So hmm..are you coming with us?”Taehyung asked.

 

“Huh? What?”I asked.

 

He raised an eyebrow, “Didn’t Jungkook ask you to come with us to the arcade? He said you agree to come with us so might as well wait for that little sh*t to finish his class then we’ll go together..”He suggested.

 

Oh my..I forgot about the arcade thingy. I did tell Jungkook I will go with him and Taehyung.

 

I nodded, “Owhh yeah the arcade thingy..I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me though. Yeah sure we’ll wait for him then we’ll go together..It’s been such a long time since I’ve been in an arcade.”I said.

 

He made the “pshh” sound at me, “Really? Like how old were you the last time you’re in an arcade?”He asked.

 

I looked down and starting to remember the memories I’ve had with my parents. We were at the arcade after celebrating my birthday. Those were the good times.

 

“I was 10.”

 

He nodded, “Okayy…man arcade is so fun…I guarantee you will have fun.You know when you’re in high school, those were the years you go to an arcade with your friends..”

 

I smiled a little, “It’s a long story.”

 

When I said that, there’s confusion written all over his face, “You see, I wasn’t a popular girl in my school and I never had close friends or best friends.. I hardly socialize with the kids who went to my high school.. I was a loner..”

 

He nodded in understanding then he rubbed my back to comfort me, “Kids can be mean, high school don’t last forever.. I mean look at you now, you have friends.. you have me and Jungkook..”He giggled.

 

I smiled, it’s crazy how comfortable I am with him and Jungkook.

 

He smiled and suddenly I feel butterflies in my stomach, my heart skips a beat and now all I can see is his face with that beautiful smile.

 

He waved his hand in front of my face, “Hello…yah! Hana!! Were you daydreaming? Snap it..”He said.

 

I shook my head and blinked my eyes a couple of times, “Ouhh sorry.. so ermmm what time is Jungkook’s class finish?”I asked.

 

“Probably 4 or 3.. I’m not sure.. We’ll just wait for him..btw do you wanna get coffee? My treat..”He smiled.

I nodded, “Sure..”

 

Now that we’re in a coffee shop, everything seems calm and smooth. I watch his side view, he is looking outside the window while drinking his coffee.

 

How can a boy be this attractive, this is weird. Maybe I’m just ughhh I don’t know why I can’t keep my eyes off him. I never had a crush on anyone before, this is impossible for me actually having a crush on him. I kinda dislike him the first day I met him.

 

“Do you like me so much that you won’t stop staring at me?”He said then he turn front to look at me.

 

I gulped, “W-what? That’s nonsense..I wasn’t looking at you.. I was mesmerized by the painting at the wall..”I said.

 

He giggled and turn around, “The coffee bean painting?”He said.

 

I nodded, “Yepp.”

 

That’s a lie. Well I just don’t him to know I was actually staring at him.

 

“Okay.. you’re weird.”He said.

 

“I just have a thing for coffee beans.”I giggled.

 

He gave me the ‘are- you- serious- look’, “Omg you’re so strange ahahha.”

 

To be honest, I actually enjoy this so much. I love the taste of this warm cafe latte and being with him just makes me feel happy and brighter. I never felt like this with anyone ever. I think it’s new to me.