Chapter 10

Once Again
Please log in to read the full chapter

Thanks for subscribing this story and here's an update for you guys! 

 

From previous chapter...

A soft knock on the wooden door echoed into his room. Junmyeon granted his permission to the person outside.

"Mr. Kim." His secretary's head popped out from behind the door.

"Yes, Mrs. Choi?" Junmyeon lifted his eyebrow.

"A lovely woman named Park Chorong wants to see you." Mrs. Choi said, grinning at him. 

"Come again?" Junmyeon asked Mrs. Choi to repeat her statement.

Park Chorong came to his office? Was it true that he heard her name just now?

"Miss Park Chorong wants to see you. Are you available now, sir?"

Apparently, she was here, right at this moment.

Junmyeon eventually granted his permission. He did not want her waiting for long time. But before, he asked Mrs. Choi to give him one minute to prepare his self.

A minutes has passed and another knock on his door.

"Come in."

Trying to hide his nervous, Junmyeon scrolled over a document on his laptop and fixed his eyes on it.

A sound of high heels stepping on the wooden floor echoed softly, breaking the quietness in his room. The sounds kept getting closer and closer and stopped just before his table.

"Am I interrupting?"

Just from her voice, Junmyeon recognized the person without having an eye contact with her.

"No. Please, have a seat." Junmyeon motioned his hand to one of the chairs.

"Thank you, Suho sshi." Chorong settled down and her eyes tried to seek his attention from the laptop.

Was she come in the wrong time? What if he just allowed her because of being respectful? He looked serious and quite occupied to his laptop. This was the face he showed to her when they met for the first time.

Chorong started to feel knot in her stomach. She certainly drowned herself into deep water by coming here alone. At first, Eunji had promised to accompany her but being a junior doctor, her shift was unpredictable. Even so, Chorong decided to see him today. She wanted to settle this matter as soon as she could. She got lot of things on the list to do apart from this. Her works, students, studies, projects... and her engagement with someone she barely knew who.

And that was another huge mountain for her to go through.

"Chorong."

Someone uttered her name, followed with a sound of fingers snapping before her face.

Oh gosh! She had been daydreaming in front of this man. How embarrassing, Park Chorong!

"Are you alright?" Junmyeon asked, being concern of her.

Chorong fixed before answering him. "Yes."

"Are you sure? Do you want some drink; juice or coffee? We even have Iced Americano here."

Apparently, it was just an excuse to break the awkwardness between them. Chorong looked so tense and he wanted to ease her a little bit.

"If that isn't troubling you, I'll have a glass of Iced Americano then." Chorong said before smiling to him.

Junmyeon asked his secretary on the intercom to bring them two glass of Iced Americano.

Maybe it was not that bad to start a conversation. Chorong convinced herself by listening to Eunji's advice before coming here for the first time. She barely heard her advice previously as being the savage eonnie.

"Suho sshi, do you like Iced Americano too?"

"Yes. That's one of my favorites."

Somehow, Junmyeon found that Chorong's voice matched with the soft voice he heard before. It was around lately. But just where in this world did he hear that voice?

"It was my favorite too. Iced Americano had helped me much. It's kind of relaxing and calming after we take a sip."

"Oh really? It seems that we can get along well. We also have same mutual friends." Chorong nodded.

"Yeah. I noticed that. Emm... Suho sshi?" Chorong called him out. And when he tilted his head to her, displaying his killer smile, Chorong got an awestruck. He was so good looking. Why did she late to recognize that?

"I'm sorry about the other day when I... I.." Chorong stuttered to find suitable words.

Junmyeon still waited for her to continue without pressuring her.

"I'm kind of being rude when you invited me for a dance before." Chorong confessed, feeling guilty.

"I understood that you're quite reserved. And don't worry I don't take it personally." Junmyeon assured her. He was being sincere.

"Thank you, Suho sshi."

"But in two condition." Junmyeon smiled, showing her the peace sign.

"What are they?" If accepting that made Suho forgave her, she would do them.

"Don't call me Suho sshi. It means drop the formality and we're friends?" Junmyeon offered to her and extended his right hand.

"We're friends." Chorong shook hands with him.

"That means you can't refuse me for a dance in next time." Junmyeon blurt out jokingly before letting her hand go. 

"It won't happen again." Chorong promised him.

Chorong did not realize she talked a bit much from before and Junmyeon found it amusing. Chorong started being comfortable with him and he liked it. They started to talk about random things and slowly moved into personal interests.

Junmyeon noticed Chorong had something that made her different from Lea. Lea was an extrovert but very secretive. Chorong was an introvert but being more opened when she got comfortable with someone.

"What's your favorite subject when in high school?"

"History but I ended up teaching Biology. It's quite a turning point. And what's yours, Suho?"

"I only love P.E. classes." Chorong laughed at his answer. As expected from a man or boys.

"You're just like my students. They love sports and very active on them until they're willing to skip my classes."

"You can't blame them though. It was the only easiest subject to score but mostly by an athletic student." Junmyeon dropped his opinion and Chorong agreed.

Chorong occasionally sipped the Iced Americano served by Mrs. Choi. She naturally closed her eyes when enjoying the drink. Her reaction caught Junmyeon's attention.

She looked so fresh and relaxed. Junmyeon quickly turned his gaze away from her face when Chorong opened her eyes. He did not want to get caught by her.

"Is it good?"

"Ne. Thanks." Chorong said, feeling a bit shy afterwards. Was she overreacting just because of a drink?

She looked at Junmyeon and he acted casually. Probably it was not a big deal.

"I almost forgot. I came here because of this." Chorong took out something from her handbag and handed it to Junmyeon.

Junmyeon held it and lifted his chin, staring directly into her eyes.

"What's this?" Junmyeon knew exactly what it was but he wanted to hear it from Chorong's mouth.

"It's the payment slip for your car's damages."

Junmyeon let out a sigh, causing Chorong in query state.

"Is there any problem, Suho? Did I give the wrong amount?"

Junmyeon shook his head. Looked likes Chorong really... really kept her promise.

"It's none. You know a friend sometimes can be generous to his friend." Junmyeon gave her a hint.

Chorong smiled at his words. She knew what he meant.

"But this time his friend is being stubborn and wanted him to keep his generosity." Chorong played with her words.

Junmyeon surrendered.

As expected from Chorong. Let's anticipated her reaction when she knew he was the one she bounded to engage soon.  

 

***@@@***

 

"He's in Seoul now, Boss. Our men had found one of his."

"Good. You've done a great job. He's not easy to find though." Woohyun praised his men.

"But... there's a little problem, Boss." His man quite stuttered to speak out to him.

"What is it?"

"They accidentally hit his car when following him behind. But they managed to escape without any traces, Boss."

"What?!" Woohyun could not calm himself down. It was such a stupid... stupid and unforgivable mistake.

Without any warning, he smashed the expensive flower pot on his table to the wall. His men were a bit shocked from his response and it kept their feet on the rich marble floor.

"You told me it was a little problem, wasn't it?" Woohyun asked, as if provoking his men.

The latter now felt that he wanted to pee just from his deep stare.

"Ye... yes, Boss. I made a mistake. Please, spare me, Boss." He knelt down on the floor, begging for his mercy. He did not want to end up in cellar, like the woman their boss had in prison for almost three years.

Only with his men's mistake even if it wa

Please log in to read the full chapter