Chapter 9

Once Again
Please log in to read the full chapter

***Thanks for subscribing to you know who you are. And I'm sorry for late...late update. But hey, here you go! 

 

Chanyeol and Suho wandered around the banquet hall, looking for Baekhyun who left with Jinki earlier.

"Where's him, hyung?" Chanyeol asked Junmyeon.

"I don't know. He must be somewhere around here. If he already left, he sure called us." Junmyeon said and then his eyes landed on the said person.

"There he is." Junmyeon pointed towards their left direction. Baekhyun was with Taemin's wife and her friends.

"Great." Chanyeol murmured lowly under his breath.

The typical mischievous playboy Baekhyun had shown his fangs. It was clearly Baekhyun managed to comfortable himself on his own. He practically made some acquaintances. And they were women.

Junmyeon nudged Chanyeol, signaling them to move to Baekhyun's.

As they got closer to the group, Chanyeol caught a familiar scent of perfume under his nose coming from one of the women. From behind, her silhouette made his heart skipped a beat.

Was it her?

"Hyung!" Baekhyun called out Junmyeon's name when he saw them approaching.

All women in the group turned to look at them and just two of them barely causing him to lose his breath.

"Lea noona." Chanyeol blurt out the deceased woman's name without any jammed. Fortunately, the woman who had similar features to Lea's did not hear him. She just smiled sweetly before it turned into awkward and shy when she glanced to his side or more precisely to Junmyeon.

Now, he knew the actual reason of Junmyeon calling him urgently this morning and assigned him with a task.

But someone really... really turned him frozen when she turned around on the first place.

It was her! It was definitely her.

Nothing in this world could define how much he missed her.

"Eunji, meet Chan, our best friend." Baekhyun introduced him to her. His love.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Eunji imnida." Eunji showed her wide smile, extending her hand.

"Park Chanyeol imnida." Chanyeol shook her hand in trembling. Not just him, her hand was also freezing.

Was she nervous about meeting him in this unexpected place and time? Chanyeol could not count. Eunji or should he said Hyerim was very good in masking her expression and feelings that Chanyeol could not read any of them. She looked so calm. Was she already moved on?

The thought made him infuriated inside. But on the outside, he was faking a smile.

"Chorong unnie," Eunji pulled Chorong softly to her side and whispered something before both disappeared from his sight.

He heard someone growled lowly in dissatisfied.

It looked like not just him felt annoyed caused of an unknown reason.

And because of that same reason, Chanyeol smiled wider than before.

He still triggered something on her to fall into uncomfortable state just from his stare and touch.

 

***

 

"I'm looking forward to our next meeting. Hope we can seal the deal and work together for this project, Mr. Park." The vice president of Oh's Enterprise stood up and shook his hand with Chanyeol.

"I'm hoping the same as well as Mr. Kim. He sends his regards to you, Mr. Oh. He deeply apologized for unable to join this meeting."

Sehun laughed, breaking the ice. They were still being formal towards each other even after the meeting adjourned.

"Hyung, there's no need to be so formal with me. It's weird though. You look creepy." Sehun patted his shoulder playfully.

"Yah! How couldn't I be serious? This meeting is not like the school days' hangout and outing kind of stuff." Chanyeol scolded Sehun who was grinning.

"I'm sure missing your nag. And also that funniest former student president although he wasn't that funny tsk.." Sehun shook his head practically mimicking his eomma's when she caught his indecent behavior at home.

"Yah!" Chanyeol smacked his head when all staffs had left the conference room.

"It's hurt hyung!" Sehun jolted a bit and caressed the back of his head.

"You'll be a dead meat if he heard you."

"Then, don't tell him."

Sehun personally escorted him down to the ground floor.

"Hyung, I was told that you met her."

"Who?"

"Oh! Come on! Don't pretend to be dumb. You're not that kind of person." Sehun grunted.

"How's her? I heard she's an H.O. now." Chanyeol silenced. Apparently, Sehun knew more of her compared to him.

"If you said so then it's true. I'm leaving. Thanks for the company, Sehunnie."

Sehun shrugged his shoulder and smiled.

"My pleasure." Then he left. Chanyeol walked to the assigned park for guests.

"Glad that she made it." C

Please log in to read the full chapter