Chapter 3

Once Again
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eonnie, I'll be arriving tomorrow morning. Can you pick me up? - Jiji

Sure, dear. – Rong Eonnie

Chorong replied the message in her inbox and then she turned off her phone to concentrate on her studies for the upcoming classes on Monday.

A sudden knock on the door made her lifted her concentration on the reference book and her hand stopped from writing concise notes for the preparation of teaching and learning process.

"Rongie?" Her mother's head appeared from behind the door.

"Ne, eomma." She replied as Mrs. Park walked to her bed and sat on the soft mattress.

"You're busy, dear?" Mrs. Park's eyes landed on Chorong's study table.

"No. I'm almost finished. Could you give me a minute, eomma?"

From her face expression, she could be told that her mother wanted to have some deep conversation with her.

"Sure, dear. Suit yourself. I can wait." 

Chorong flashed a thin smile for her mother before returned to focus on her remaining notes.

Mrs. Park's eyes wandered around before her eyes landed on picture frame of Chorong when she was a year. Unbeknownst to Chorong, pool of tears started to build in her eyes. She wished she could turned back the time to return to the past. If only they were not that generous and if only her husband was not a...

"Eomma?"

She snapped out of her thought when Chorong called her. She immediately wiped off her cheeks before her daughter noticed that strand of pearls.

"Yes. Are you finished?"

She was fortunate that Chorong turned her back against her to put the revision book on the shelf.

"Ne, eomma."

Chorong nodded before she took a seat beside Mrs. Park and rested her head on her mother's lap.

Mrs. Park her daughter's soft hair as she started their conversation with trivial matters.

"Aren't you going out tomorrow, dear?"

"Hmm... I've to pic

Please log in to read the full chapter