Chapter 14

Once Again
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hey guys and welcome to new subscribers! You know who you are. We hope you will enjoy this chapter too. This chapter is already published earlier on wattpad; just a friendly reminder if you found this story somewhere else. ^_^

 

*******

 

Walking across the room like a boss, almost everyone threw him an awe look. But he was not even bothered. He was on a mission right now and he had to succeed on it. Finished filling the registration form, he waited for his turn.

"Eomaya... he's so handsome."

"I know really. I'm wondering what's hiding behind those coat."

"Yah! You sound ert."

"Say it slowly, you pabo-yah. What if he heard us?"

His lips tugged into an unbelievable smirk. These two young ladies really needed to lower down their voices if they didn't want to grow old alone. Hate to say this fact but men definitely will avoid this type of woman.

"Ladies, do you notice a sign over there..."

Finally someone stood up to reprimand them at the time his queue number appeared on the screen. This was an attempt-suicide mission in which he himself didn't sure who would in charge for his treatment.

"Follow me, sir." A woman in white uniform led him the way.

Instead of a cubicle in the emergency room, he was brought into a personal room. It seemed as if it was belonged to a medical officer.

After a knock on the door, they were permitted to enter the room.

"Uisa nim, the patient is here."

"Okay. Thanks, Minah. You may leave."

Crap! He felt lump in the throat. What a bad luck!

Unbeknown to the situation, the middle aged doctor precisely a man gave him a friendly smile.

"Have a sit, Chanyeol sshi. I've been informed that you got a treatment caused by an accident before. Am I right?"

"Ne, uisa nim." The doctor just nodded his head and again threw him a smile.

"May I know what the problem?"

On that, Chanyeol lifted his left sleeve up near to his shoulder, showing him the problem.

"How's this happen, Chanyeol sshi?" The doctor asked, concerned.

"I accidentally hit on the door when walking out my apartment." That was a lie he made up to cover the truth story.

"There is possibility that your wound's already infected. You should get the proper treatment immediately. But... don't worry, I'll prescribe you new antibiotic and you have to take in on time."

He wrote something on the paper.

"Yoo uisa-nim!" Someone barged into the room. It was the same nurse who led the way before.

She quickly bowed and apologized for the sudden intrusion.

"There's an urgent surgery and they need your assist right now, uisa-nim."

"I'm coming. Minah, call an intern to substitute me." Yoo uisa-nim requested before he turned his attention to Chanyeol. Guilty was all over his face.

"Chanyeol sshi, I'm sorry for the sudden issue. Another doctor will attend to you. I hope you considerate our situation."

 

*****

 

"Done! Chanyeol sshi, as usual you may go to pharmacy counter to grab your medicine."

Chanyeol let out a faint chuckle.

"Seriously, uisa nim. Do you usually talk to patients like this?"

"I suggest you need to revise the bedside manner's syllabus again and thoroughly." He simply added when Eunji ignored his talking.

Eunji balled her fist, gritting her teeth in annoyance.

'He should thank God cause' I didn't injected him with potassium cyanide or else he would see heaven in any minutes or hell.'

Because of this trouble seeker Park Chanyeol, she probably had missing her bus now. Farewell, bus. Guess she needed to wait for the next schedule. Damn! Of all 48 weeks in a year, why did her car made a on this ing week?

She almost pulled down her hair... roughly and frustrated when she saw his wide silly smile.

"Thanks but no thanks! Only the obstinate patients are deserved to." Eunji replied casually as if she was not affected by his sarcasm.

She cleaned up and rearranged all equipments on the trolley before heading to the desk. Writing something on the paper and raised up her head when she realized that trouble seeker was still in the room.

"Is there any problem, Chanyeol sshi?"

"Yes it is." That caused Eunji to furrow an eyebrow.

"And what is it if I may know?" Was her treatment just now effected his body... already?

"You. You're my problem." That was what playing on his mind but he didn't utter them yet.

"It's nothing. Thanks." He flashed a weak smile.

"Is he really okay?" Eunji murmured softly, a bit dumbfounded when Chanyeol just left the room without any hint of sarcasm coming out of his mouth.

 

*****

 

Eunji stepped out of the main entrance while stuffing earphones into her ears. It was raining heavily an hour before so the air was a bit chilly. Luckily, she brought along her trench coat from yesterday. There were not many people waiting at the bus stop. Eunji simply smiled to an old woman who was sitting on the bench provided with two high school students.

Out of sudden, the rain started pouring heavily. Right on the time Rain by Taeyeon was playing from her playlist.

♫~Memories come down when it rains, spreading pain~♫

♫~Watching you as you get soaked~♫

Crap! She didn't put on the hood over her head. Her braid hair must be tangled in wetness now. There was no space left for shelter as many people suddenly crowded under the bus stop. As for Eunji, she just stood silently but unwillingly getting soaked.

♫~Clear in that moment, wet with memories~♫

♫~I think of you when you were beautiful in the rain~♫

'If eonnie knew I bathed in rain, she'd kill me. That old woman acts more like a mom than my real one.'

While muttering her pathetic condition inwardly, she saw all eyes were on her. And rain was no longer drenched her body. It was... weird.

♫~You were my ray of light in a black and white world~♫

What happened? Everyone was looking behind her now, in awe and admiration. Some also threw their jealousy looks.

♫~(Rain) be the rain come to me and shine my soul ~♫

Eunji slowly turned back on her heels in curiosity.

♫~Quiet whispers under the umbrella~♫

Her eyes eventually met a tall figure holding a clear vinyl umbrella, shielding them both. His face held no emotion.

♫~It spread in the corner of my heart I can he

Please log in to read the full chapter