Chapter 4

Farewell Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Rain is still falling.

After coming back home, Taecyeon starts to take a bath first. Putting himself in a warm bath tub and relaxing his tired body, Taecyeon immediately falls asleep.

Straight to wake up, it’s almost 2 am. He quickly gets out of the bath tub, intends to get to his bed for a full sleep. His schedule tomorrow is very busy.

But his look stops at the envelope on the table. Reminding of Eunjung's unusual behavior today, he takes the letter and starts to read carefully -

“Taec, my love.

No, later I may not be able to call you that anymore -

Yes, that's the purpose I wrote this letter to you - Taec, let’s break up!

Do you feel shock, unclearly when reading this? Or do you soon know about it?

Don’t doubt. Today isn’t April 1st. I really want to break up with you, not acting by snatches, nor on emotions.

You used to say that if two people decided to stay together, they should not make themselves regret or hurt the other. Loving each other for 7 years, this is the first time I said I want to break up with you, you probably understand that this is my determination.

If you’ve ever tried to understand my heart, then you will understand why I bid farewell to you. But I think, you surely don’t understand, otherwise, we did not go to this level.

Some times, I've waited for you to treat me emotionally, to drive away the problems in my heart, like the day before, to give me a tight hug, maybe I won’t get lost…

Surely you are feeling ambiguous right? Ah! I soon know I wrote n letters to you, you whole put them in the jar. Look at you, completely disregard me!

Stop, wait a minute! Today I want to resolve everything. I’m afraid if I say anything more, I can’t stop it. I’m afraid that you will be so impatiently that you will tear this letter and throw in the trash. Anyway, no one is too foolish to waste time to hear ex girlfriend’s comments…

Eh, don’t tear it! I'm about to finish! I gave you 7 years of youth, now I want to ask you a little time, it is not too much, is it? :)

Hi, you see? I can even say jokes, so proving that the situation is not so bad either. What a weird, while we are still together, I wrote love letters to you each three days with a lot of things to say. But right now, when we say goodbye, on the contrary, I don’t know what to say. So - let’s say 'see you again'. Take care of yourself. Despite after all we can continue to be friends or not, I always hope you live well.

Eunjung.”

Finishing reading the letter, he’s thunderstruck, unable to move.

This - is a farewell letter? Farewell for no reason, no alarm?!

She’s right! He totally doesn’t understand what’s the reason.

She did not even give him an explanation.

He lost about 10 minutes, stares at each of words and imagines her smiling face on the paper, but feels as if she was crying. There are some blurred places, does not know it’s because of the rain tonight or her tears.

Remembering the old letters she mentioned, he jumps up, runs quickly to look for those unopened letters which have not had a chance to open.

Now that he found out, the number of letters she wrote to him was not only a little, but they were full of the drawer. But he had never sat down to read them and write back to her…

He follows the day in his mind, picks some of them to read.

“Taec.

Unbelievable, we have become lovers. You know, now my heart is still beating so fast, my legs are like walking on the clouds. I wonder if this is a dream or not? If I wake up, will it disappear from me?

Do not laugh! I just don’t know whether this is true or not!

Do you know that I like you very long ago? How can you think that I will disagree? Was my expression not clear enough? This life I have never been like that to anyone! I only can look at you, but can’t touch you, can’t show my feeling to you. It makes me feel myself helpless!

What? You ask me what is the important point in this letter?

Nothing! It is a love letter. Love letter is a place to express emotion, what is important in it? It’s not like I’m writing a report. It doesn’t need to specify the title and then items 1, 2, 3, 4, right?

If you still don’t understand yet, I punish you to look at the wall for 3 minutes.

Okay, I know you are a very dumb person, I will tell you the main point.

I just want to tell you that “I'm very happy. You’re finally mine, ha ha!” (Do you feel like you are getting on a wrong boat? But you can’t get off it anymore. He he)

I finally understand the way fishermen do when they go fishing. Why they have to put fishing rod far away three inches from the water. That way for me seems to be so useful. I want to catch a very big fish, try all my best to catch it but I’m still unsuccessful. Just when I decide to ignore it, then the fish comes to my bag to eat by itself…

Hey, dumb person, do you understand now or not?

I'm considering if I should fry or steam this big fish.

Eunjung.”

If it’s not because the situation now does not allow, he will laugh.

When was this letter written? It seems it was the first letter she wrote to him. At that time, he ran back and forth to Korea and Japan, until he forgot all about this.

The first time she wrote a love letter. But he treated her like that.

“Taec, love.

This letter, what should I call it?

Yes, I think so, too. Just call it “the 1st year anniversary of our love”.

You are really a stupid fish who doesn’t know how to read a love letter. I write letter to you, how can you ask back like this: "Isn’t it faster to talk to me straightforward, do you lost my phone number?"

Yah! I feel all the letters I write, each one are touching the heart, like a wife writes letters to her husband who is far away. No one can stop from crying when reading this. But look at you, how did you treat it?

Have you ever seen a girl who writes love letter to her boyfriend but gets a question back like that?

Don’t you know that I will never forget anything related to you? Even when I die?

Do you really want to force me to loudly announce to everyone that, I - Ham Eunjung, love the big fish is you so much?

I hate your every 2-3 days advice: it is cold, be careful not to be sick. I said, Ok oppa ah, if you stop talking only this and add another kind of warm sentence, my body will be stronger, will live one hundred years old too.

Okay, I tell you - we love each other for a year, are those shows more attractive than me? That you dare to leave me alone, frankly, I have a little miserable …

Okay, okay then! A human must be honest, so I say, I'm not only a little bit miserable, but my heart is sunk under the cup now, you know? Since you and me are couple, Young-ah is still angry at me, my heart is full of hope that you will appreciate our 365 days of being together, but you’re afraid of our joy will bring sadness to others, so you pretend not showing up…

But yesterday you did not show any expression, I think, you must forget all about it.

Yes, girls like love stories, so romantic so emotional, so I have reason to be angry, to be sulking. You shouldn’t have said that: "Aren’t your periods the end of the month? Recently your physiology has been a bit trouble?".

You see. Even a gentle girl will also go mad by you. If you still anger me like this, my physiology will be not only a bit trouble but also menopause soon. So I kick you is worthy!

But ... Aizzz, look at your worrying, all my anger has to been gone. So let’s ignore other people’s laughing, we will not break up. We’ll stay together to make them killingly angry.

I know you aren’t wrong, I just emotionalize it a bit, I just grumble a bit then it’ll be over.

Aizz, you stupid, I know you basically didn’t read the letter, otherwise you wouldn’t show up your innocent face. Look at your innocent face make me anger. I have written so much, can you please respond for once?

Ah right, is your leg still hurt? Today I seem to hit you a little hard, it must be very hurt.

P.S: My dear, I have written ‘till I’m about to sprain my hand, do you end up understanding or not?

Eunjung.”

Each letter he reads, make him laugh but tears are going to fall.

At that time, their relationship was in the best time. They met each other everyday, so he thought if there was something, she would tell him directly. The letter must have nothing important to read, so he didn’t particularly pay attention. He even ignored the most subtle things she wanted to share with him. The letter filled with sweet and sour things in love. Oh God! What did he miss?

The letter opened up the old memories in their youth lives.

He still didn’t tell her everything buried in his heart. Since they were friends, her honest sincerity had made him fall into her.

Remembering that, because of wanting to buy soy milk she likes, every day he had to leave his bed at 6 o'clock to go to the store to buy breakfast. Whatever she wanted, he would do for her.

These years of hard working was to prepare for their future, to promise to worry for her, to not let her suffer. This is the most basic thing a man must do.

His deepest impression was the graduation ceremony of her university that year, because he had to go to Japan for a tour, he couldn’t manage to come to congratulate her. Even her birthday, he was missed. Finally the day after that, she was so angry that she took a pillow to hit him.

“Is there anyone like you? Don’t see your shadow anywhere, even none of flowers or chocolate. Ok Taecyeon, you go die!"

"Do you like chocolate?" His face was anxious. Did all girls not like sweets, afraid of obesity?

"You, you, you ... You make me dead anger!" Then, for a week, she closed her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter