Chapter 10

Farewell Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When she wakes up again, the sunlight is shining straight into her eyes making her dazzling. Just when she takes her hands up to cover the sunlight, she finds out that her hand is pinned with injection needle.

Her memory - vaguely recalled: she was ill, after finishing arguing with Woojae, she was so heartbreaking that she cried very miserably, she missed Taecyeon so much, so she called him, then ... Then what next?

The next thing, her mind is very fuzzy, realistic and illusory is in a jumble. She seemed to have talked with Taec a lot ...

Ouch, headache! Giving her hand to touch her head, she find that it’s covered with a thick layer of bandages. She closes her eyes groaning, then the door opens, she turns to see ...

"You woke up? Do you feel any better?” Taecyeon steps in with his doctor friend (she remembers Taec used to call him Ki-joon) and Wooyoung.

"Taec?" She stares at him, still thinking she is dreaming...

"Yes, do you forget me?" Taecyeon said smiling at her.

“But you and Wooyoung, what are you two doing here?” She wonders.

“We have been here for 2 weeks already Noona. We are joining a reality show where we help things in hospital.” Wooyoung said.

She’s still thinking how lucky she is when she will be able to meet Taecyeon the next few day while Ki-joon is holding the thermometer from the nurse and check her temperature if it’s normal. Next he replaces the empty sea water and says: "Heavy cold, moreover brain was slightly shaken, patient Ham, you don’t know how worried you have made to some particular one."

Looking at Taecyeon who turns his head away from her, she wonders whether he is that particular one that Ki-joon mentioned, until she realises that Ki-joon is grabbing the artery clip on the tray, she stops all her thought to turn her attention to him.

Ki-joon dips cotton in alcohol and applies on her skin. Taecyeon recognizes that Eunjung is watching each action of Ki-joon with concentration - no, actually she’s watching the injection needle in his hand.

Taecyeon sighs then turns to her to ask: “I want to give you some quiz to check if your brain is still good or not. Are you confident enough to compete with me? Just set your mind at rest. I will just give you quiz for kid.”

“What do you mean about quiz for kid? I don’t need. My brain is still in the best state. Just give me the hardest one.” She argues. He dares to underestimate her?

“Okay. That’s what you want. Don’t blame me later. Then, the first, What goes up when the rain comes down?”

“An umbrella.”

“What is black when it is clean and white when it is dirty?”

“A black-board.”

………………

“What is always hot even if you put it in the refrigerator?”

“Pepper.” Eunjung confidently answers.

“Good job. I guess you’re rather smart then.” Taecyeon replies with a wink.

“Yah, what with that ‘rather’ thing? It must be I’m very smart then.”

Both Wooyoung and the nurse smile widely when looking at their cute conversation while Ki-joon is using a cotton to wipe her wrist.

She is bewildered: "Have you finished injecting already?"

Ki-joon nods. "When you concentrated in replying the quiz.”

So Taec wanted to shift her attention.

She looks at Taecyeon, he said: “I told you I will never let you hurt, you should believe me."

Yes, she should have believed him, he has never deceived her, hasn't he?

"You, who is 30 years old but are still afraid of being injected. If anyone knows, they will laugh at you."

"It’s not! Do you remember five years ago when I broke my leg, that nurse was so crazy? Injecting for me that I thought I was going to donate blood, bruises was everywhere on my arms and legs, then she even blamed that it was because my blood vessel was hard to find, how could you blame me from that time I’m afraid of injection to death?"

Yes! He still remembers clearly.

At that time her leg was broken so seriously that he was worried to death, he couldn’t eat or sleep well. Day and night being by her side.

The nurse smiles lightly: "Taecyeon shi, you and your girlfriend’s affection is so good."

Taecyeon's face was a little stiff, his smile is frozen.

"Hyemi shi, you are misunderstanding, we are not." Even he can feel how forced he is.

"Kidding! You two even wear couple necklaces, there is no need to deny what everyone all knows."

He chokes with indignation, rubs his neck, can’t say anything to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter