Chapter 11

Farewell Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woojae inherently wanted to be allowed to take care of her, but Eunjung persisted in objecting. So that he had to obey to get back to work.

He said he would bring her some fruit and tonic, said that patient needed a lot of nutritious food, but what he called "nutritious food" was full of fat that made her even more sick.

Eunjung, on the other hand, felt that the hospital food was more delicious, more suitable with her taste, and even could foster the patient’s health better.

She didn’t know who said hospital food was hard to swallow like tortures? Next time if there is someone said so, she will definitely dismiss it.

Looking at time, Taecyeon should be here to help her change the bandages. Life in the hospital, waiting for his appearance had become her daily desire.

Of course, at the right time he pushed the door, she did not look away a second, because she knew, she no longer had the right to call him to come to her each time she missed him, to look at him, to hug him.

People, always only know what is worth until they have lost it.

"You do not need to look up, it’s not that I want to kiss you." He used gentle voice, said jokingly.

She hoped he kissed her.

The bottom of her heart quietly sighed, then she lowered her head. Looking at his neck, there was missing an usual thing which had been there for many years.

"Everything is done." He looked straight at her. "Did Ki-joon check for you this morning? Is everything ok?"

She nodded. “He said I could leave today.” One word made her sad all morning.

“That’s good. I’m glad you’re fine. Then take care of yourself.” He said and left. Each day, except for asking about her wound, he had no words to tell her anymore...

Looking at his leaving, she suddenly exclaimed "Taec!"

"Huh?". He stopped, turned to look at her.

"You… are you busy?".

Recognizing the anxiety at the bottom of her eyes, he’s sad in his heart, gently smiled. "Not in a hurry, what's up?"

"I have something to say, can I?"

He’s a little surprised, but it only took 3 seconds.

Looking out the window, the sun is shining gently, he asked her. "You have been in the room for a few days, would you like to go out for a walk?"

"Yes.". She quickly jumped out of the bed.

The days before were extremely hot, but today is much cooler.

They walk on the long side of the road, then he steps up quickly, comes to in front of a boy sitting in a wheelchair standing under the tree to sunbathe.

"Taec hyung". The boy looks up at him, smiles sweetly.

Taecyeon rubs the boy’s head and sits down. "Why are you here alone? Where is your mom?".

"Mom went to buy water for me to drink."

"Uhm. Do you obey the mustache doctor?"

"Yes. Although the injection was very painful, but I did not cry at all! Hyung, look, this is what mustache doctor gift for me, very delicious, I will give you one. There are strawberry and grape, what favour do you want?" The boy carefully took out two lollipops which are like precious things to him.

"Uhm -". He seems to think a bit then chooses. "Strawberry".

After saying thanks, slowly going ahead, he peeled the candy, then put it into .

"You like kids?" She tilted her head to look at his expression, his soft treatment to the boy is shining like a father’s feelings.

"Yes, of course!"

"Why don't you tell me sooner?" If not, she would have given birth a baby for him then...

"Hmm?" He seemed confused, frowning.

"Nothing". Now it’s not right to say something like that. "Do you have any plans for the future?"

Actually, what she wanted to ask is when will someone take the position in his heart instead of her - the position which she did not understand its importance.

Taecyeon's hands is put into his pants pocket, his head is looking at the clear blue sky. “Probably come back to US! Dad wanted me to help my older brother with our company until he’s good enough to take care of it himself, I am still thinking."

He, wants to go to US?!

Her heart fell heavily, she can't react.

"So - how long?". She heard her voice trembling.

"Three years, four years, five years, unlimited!" He said calmly.

In other words, the next 3, 4, 5 years, she will not see him anymore...

"Can you not go?". Wanting to keep him, but she doesn’t have enough courage, so that she just only can ask in a tender way.

"Dad had asked me for many times, said I had had time to do what I dreamed of, now it’s time to come back. But I have been temporised for so long." In the past, he basically did not mind, because Seoul had something he was busy with that he could not get away.

Now he wants to go, it’s not because it’s necessary, his hyung has been done very well even without his help, but because this place has no one to need him anymore. He thinks leaving is the best solution, it will give him time to rest his mind, after that, perhaps, he can calm himself down.

"If…". She opened , but choked again, can't say more.

"Huh? What do you want to say?" He turned his head, waiting.

If I hold you back ... Will you stay?

She is very hatred of herself! Just a few words, why can't she say them?

"Take care of yourself". Out of are four tiny words that can not hear.

"Uhm". He closed his eyes, can't know what he’s thinking. "You too. When will you have good news?"

"Good news?". Her mind is still thoughtless, for her to say, the best news is that he doesn't go anywhere!

"Joo Woojae! He doesn't say when will you two get married?"

Get married? With Woojae?! Even in her thoughts she had never thought before! The only person who makes her have this idea in her head, is only him!

"It's not early...". She replied at random. At the moment, all her head can only think of him going to US, permanently leaving her world, to another distant country where she can not see nor touch...

"Is it? I think you must love him so much." Love so much that she didn't regret to cut off seven years of love with him.

"Yes, very love...". It’s just that now I realize that I love you more. I know I'm so stupid, can you not go? I can not live without you...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter