Chapter II

Love Is Online

Baekhyun looked at the message that Lisa sent him. The message contained her Kik username and password.

From: Lil Dancer

Oppa! This is my Kik account. Please start chatting with Chanyeol after you read this. Since mom and dad aren’t here, I’ll cook a delicious meal for you. Saranghaeyo, oppa <3

Username: callmelisa

Password: fyoupayme

Jeongmal gamsahamnida, oppa <3

Baekhyun cringed at Lisa’s choice of words. He imagined her saying it with her anime voice and he couldn’t help but cringe so much.

He took his phone from his pocket and downloaded Kik. While waiting for it, he turned off his laptop and laid on his bed. Since it was still taking quite a while, he started hummingBig Bang’s Loser. And then words started leaving his mouth.

“Can’t remember when this all started

Me looking at the ground and losing all my prayers

I’m reaching out but you’re not there

You left awhile ago, you’re moving on

I guess you just don’t care”

Before he could sing the chorus, his phone vibrated. Kik had finished downloading.

He opened the app and entered Lisa’s account. According to what Lisa told him earlier, Chanyeol was in love with her. So he expected a lot of conversation attempts from Chanyeol. But he didn’t see a single one. There was only one message and it was from Lisa. The message was a simple hello.

Baekhyun found it odd but paid it no heed. Even though it was very against him, he sent Chanyeol a message.

callmelisa: Chanyeolie ;) Yeolie ;) Why aren’t you replying? C’mon, Yeolie. Don’t ignore the apple of your eye.. Ihit! <3

Baekhyun laughed so hard after he sent that message. It felt like he had won over Chanyeol. He knew that the latter didn’t want to be called anything cute because he was the badass leader of EXO.

chanyeol92: Who are you and why are you addressing me with those ugly nicknames?!

callmelisa: Oh, Yeolie ;) If you call your nickname ugly, it means you’re ugly too because it refers to you. Don’t call yourself ugly. Don’t hurt yourself, Yeolie.

chanyeol92: Shut up! Who areyou?

callmelisa: Yeolie, don’t lie. I know that you know me. I bet you know me even more than I know myself.

chanyeol92: I don’t know anyone with the username callmelisa.

callmelisa: Alright. I’ll introduce myself once again. Anything for you, Yeolie ;) I’m Lalice Manoban. My friends and family usually call me Lisa. But I want you to call me uri Lisa <3 It makes it more special. Ihit! [A|N: If you’re a BP fan and you don’t know what ihit (ihis) is, then you’ve failed as a Blink. Loss of love for you. Tsk tsk..]

chanyeol92: Like I’d call you that! Stop calling me Yeolie! Chanyeol’s my name. And what the heck is ‘ihit’?!

callmelisa: I know it’s quite awkward at first but you’ll get familiar with it sooner or later. And ihit is ihit, Yeolie ;) I permit you to use it, Yeolie ;)

chanyeol92: Like heck I’d be happy because of that! Why are you chatting me?!

callmelisa: Because of you, Yeolie ;)

chanyeol92: I’M SERIOUS!

callmelisa: Ooohhh, I’m really scared of you, Yeolie. With all that capslock and exclamation mark. Just kidding! Everything you do is cute in my eyes, Yeolie <3 Ihit ;)

“Oppa, supper’s ready!” Lisa shouted from the kitchen.

“Coming!” Baekhyun shouted back.

callmelisa: Yeolie, I’ll chat with you tomorrow again. Ihit! <3

Baekhyun turned off his phone and went to the kitchen. Their house had only one floor so going to the dining room didn’t take him more than 2 minutes.

Everything was prepared already. All that Baekhyun had to do was to sit down and eat his meal.

“So have you chatted with Chanyeol already, oppa?” Lisa asked while taking the seat opposite to Baekhyun.

“Yeah, Lalice. And I think I’m quite enjoying this,” Baekhyun replied.

“I knew you would, oppa. I made your favorite food,” she said with a proud smile. “You can start eating now, oppa.”

“The lasagna looks really tasty. Thanks for the food!”

And the two siblings ate their supper.

** The following day at school **

Baekhyun waited for the EXO members in the clubroom. While waiting for them, he read the conversation he had with Chanyeol. He couldn’t stop laughing. How he wished to call Chanyeol with that nickname. How he wished to see his face when he hears the nickname that he made for him.

He was too engrossed in that thought that he hadn’t noticed the EXO members entering the clubroom.

“What’s that idiot doing over there?” Xiumin said while entering.

“Byun Baekhyun, did you do what we asked you?” Chanyeol’s tone was calm yet authoritative.

It brought Baekhyun out of his imagination and back to reality. He cleared his throat and said what he discovered yesterday.

“Bread molds as toilet bowl cleaner, ketchup as rust preventer, and egg white as facial mask. Ms. Sandara told us that each ip should have 3-4 members, right? Just divide among yourselves and choose which one you would like to do,” Baekhyun said.

Because of what happened yesterday with Chanyeol in Kik, Baekhyun didn’t avoid eye contact. It felt like their conversation told him that he was the victor and Chanyeol was the loser. And that he was better than all of them. It made him brave to show the idiots his true self – the sarcastic and ‘idfc’ kind of Baekhyun. Then a mischievous idea popped in Baekhyun’s head. It was mischievous but it was the most wonderful idea that had been enlightened into him.

“I just hope that you won’t get all yeolie [A|N: Yeol can mean pissed off in Korean. Ihit XD]. These are original ips so you don’t have cheat sheets,” Baekhyun said with a smile.

As he had expected, Chanyeol reacted to the word yeolie and had an ugly expression playing on his face.

Chanyeol approached Baekhyun. “The word is YEOL. Y-E-O-L. Why did you add ‘ie’?” His tone was still calm yet authoritative. But this time, it was more authoritative.

If Baekhyun didn’t have Lisa as a sister, he would have been really scared at Chanyeol. Thanks to Lisa, he was able to somehow train himself.

Baekhyun really wanted to let out the real him but he couldn’t. How he really wished to be able to reply to Chanyeol with his real tone. His parents told them to paint themselves a different color and never tell anyone. They had no clue why but they just followed them because their parents had never once told them to do something that would harm them. It’s the reason why the sarcastic Baekhyun acts like a meek lamb and the sensitive Lisa acts likes a jerk outside of their house. But sometimes though, Lisa unknowingly hides her true color even around her family.

Baekhyun looked down. “I’m really sorry. I’m really, really, really sorry. It’s just that we use yeolie instead of yeol at home. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” he apologized.

Xiumin said, “And there’s the real Baekhyun. I thought you were another person because of the way you were speaking earlier, Baekhyun. Glad to have you back!”

Xiumin was the playful one of the group. Baekhyun liked him best because aside from Lay, he was usually the one who would try to stop the group from making him do more than he could.

I wonder which one is the real Baekhyun.. Well, it doesn’t matter. Meek Baekhyun is cute and sarcastic Baekhyun is hot. I wouldn’t mind either one as long as it’s Baekhyun, Lay thought.

“Nerd, start making the rationales of our ips. Go there in the corner. We’ll practice for our presentation,” Kai said while pointing to the side where there’s a table and a chair.

Baekhyun stood up and went as he was told. There was already a paper and a pen on the table. He started writing an outline for the rationale of the first ip. But it didn’t satisfy him at all. And it was all thanks to the loud music that was playing. They were dancing to Monster and it was a loud music. Could he really call it music? It was just plain noise!

He shook his head and tried to focus again. Fortunately, he was able to enter a zone where he couldn’t be disturbed. But then his phone rang and it absolutely disturbed him. Aside from his ringtone which was Big Bang’s Loser, there was nothing that could bring him out of his zone. He took his phone from his pocket.

From: Lil Dancer

Oppa! Can you chat with Chanyeol right now? Thank you in advance, oppa.

Saranghaeyo <3

Baekhyun rolled his eyes then started typing on his phone.

To: Lil Dancer

Lalice, they’re practicing. You know how crazy this crazy guys is about dancing. Can’t disturb him.

He tried to enter his zone again but he couldn’t. It was hard, especially that his phone rang again.

From: Lil Dancer

You will do it, right, oppa?

Baekhyun had goosebumps all over his body. He knew that Lisa wasn’t getting no for an answer so he just did as she asked. He went to Kik and sent Chanyeol a message.

callmelisa: Hello, Yeolie ;) What are you doing right now?

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who was busy teaching the other guys the steps. Kai and Sehun couldn’t do it themselves because of the diverse personalities of the members. Baekhyun wondered if Chanyeol would stop just for Lisa or if he would choose dancing over a girl.

Chanyeol felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. “Wait a minute,” he said and looked at his phone.

Of course he would stop. He doesn’t know who it is from yet. Now that he knows it’s from me – from Lisa – will he spend even a second of his precious time to reply? Baekhyun thought.

chanyeol92: Shut up. You’re disturbing me.

Of course he would reply. He’s in love with Lisa, isn’t he? In Baekhyun’s imagination, he was holding Chanyeol on a leash. And he was happy by that.

callmelisa: I disturbed you? Why? Did I make your heart palpitate perhaps, Yeolie? ;)

chanyeol92: Yes, my heart palpitated because of you. You’re worse than a bacterium that targets the heart. You’re than a heart attack!

callmelisa: I know, Yeolie. I’m so charming that you’d die because of me. Ihit ;)

chanyeol92: Are you happy that you’re worse than a heart attack? Are you an idiot?

callmelisa: Yeolie, I’m willing to be an idiot for you. You see, Yeolie, in love, there is no stupid or smart. In love, there is only love. <3

“Guys, water break. Sehun, turn off the music,” Chanyeol said without even looking at them. He then proceeded to sit on the floor right where he was standing.

Xiumin peeked at Chanyeol’s phone. “Oohhh, she calls you Yeolie. Who’s this girl, Chanyeol?”

“None of your business. It’s a break so all of you go out.” Chanyeol turned to look at all of them. “Out.”

And they all went out. Who would defy Park Chanyeol? No one. Well, except for a certain nerd. Baekhyun just stayed there. He wasn’t part of the break anyways and he enjoyed observing Chanyeol.

callmelisa: You really love me, don’t you, Yeolie?

chanyeol92: Stop calling me Yeolie!

Baekhyun’s phone vibrated. And because there were only two of them, Chanyeol noticed. Baekhyun’s eyes grew wide. He couldn’t afford to get caught.

To check his suspicion, Chanyeol sent a message again.

chanyeol92: Hey

And Baekhyun’s phone vibrated.

“Oh my gosh! Why does Lisa keep on texting me?” Baekhyun said in hopes to escape Chanyeol’s suspicion. He stood up. “Chanyeol, I have to go now. I have an important matter.”

Baekhyun headed to the door but before he could open it, Chanyeol grabbed his arm.

“Lisa. Do you know Lisa?”

I’m so stupid. Out of all the names I could’ve used, I used Lisa. And I rarely use Lisa’s nickname. I usually use Lisa’s real name which is Lalice. Out of all the times I could’ve addressed her using her nickname, why now?!

[A|N: This wasn't what I planned to happen in this chapter so I guess my plan will take place in the next one. I fall asleep while imagining scenarios and then I had a dream. My dream really got to me. I guess that's why I ended up with some changes.

If you notice grammatical errors, please point them out for me. I would really, really appreciate it.

Thank you for reading my first storyyyyyyy. Lots of love ^_^]