Chapter VI

Love Is Online

“Would you like to upgrade your tickets to B-A?” the woman asked.

“No, thanks. Money and I broke up a long time ago,” Baekhyun replied with a smile.

That’s not funny at all, nerd, Chanyeol thought as he opened Piano Tiles app in his phone. He decided to let Baekhyun take care of all of it and sat on the bench that was near the popcorn stand.

The woman chuckled. “No worries, young man. We have a promo for couples. You get 70% discount and free popcorn and drinks. Would you like to avail the promo? It ends this Thursday.”

Baekhyun’s eyes sparkled at the words discount and free.

“We’ll take it.”

So what if I’m throwing away my pride as a man right now? I don’t need pride if it’ll make me spend more money than necessary. I’m not fkng rich.

The woman handed her a form and said, “Just fill this up and I’ll give you the promo ticket so you can get your popcorn.”

“Okay,” Baekhyun said as he took the form from her and read it.

This was what was in the form with it already filled up by Baekhyun.

Names: Byun Baekhyun & Park Chanyeol

Nicknames: Baek & Yeolie

Couple Name: ChanBaek

Endearment: Bacon & Egg

Anniversary: June 13

I think I’m the next best liar after Lalice. Just a little bit training and I can surpass her.

Baekhyun handed her the form and she read it.

“So who is who?” The woman asked as she typed the details in the computer.

“I’m Baekhyun and he’s Chanyeol.” He pointed to Chanyeol who had earphones in his ears. He got frustrated playing the game so he listened to trot music.

“So you’re the bottom,” she said without even looking at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrowed. “Between the two of us, I am manlier.I top of course.”

“But you wrote ChanBaek as your couple name.” The woman had finally finished typing. “The original price is $50 per ticket. With 70% off, it’s $15. You just need to pay for one ticket since you’re a couple.”

Baekhyun handed her $15 and asked, “What about our couple name?”

The woman took the money and placed it inside the neatly. She stamped their tickets which signified that they had availed the promo.

“As what I have learned from my boss, the first name that appears in a couple name of a homoual couple is the top. They follow that standard so that no one in the same community would be like uhh.. confused. Apparently, they also use the same standard when they write fictions and fanfictions.”

She handed him their tickets.

“Thanks. And umm, would you mind changing our couple name into BaekYeol?” he asked.

“Sure.”

“Thank you very much.”

Baekhyun then called over Chanyeol. They went to the popcorn stand to get their free popcorn and drinks.

The woman looked at them. Baekhyun, there’s no way I’ll change your couple name. You’re a power bottom. And it won’t matter anyways. The standard that I was just talking about is only applicable with the real names. ChanyeolxBaekhyun would mean that Chanyeol’s topping.

Chanyeol looked at their drinks. “What the fk is this?”

“Coke in one plastic glass with two straws. Use your eyes sometimes.”

“I’m not sharing a drink with you,” Chanyeol said.

“Then go buy another one. I spent my money on this. And if you don’t want to share food with me too, buy your own popcorn as well.” Baekhyun took the drink and the popcorn.

And Chanyeol really bought his own. He took quite a long time.

While waiting, he heard a woman tell the woman in the ticket booth that she and her boyfriend would also like to avail the promo. The ticketer showed them something and the woman just uttered an oh.

I wonder what they saw.

** After the movie

Baekhyun found it hard to leave his seat. He had mixed feelings about the movie. He felt furious at how it ended. The plot was similar to his current situation.

A girl asked her best friend to chat on behalf of her with a stranger on Facebook. The girl was beautiful and she thought that the guy was just another one of her admirers that she wasn’t interested in. She only had her eyes for the student council president. Her best friend chatted with the guy every day and eventually fell in love with him. One day, the guy asked her out on a date. The best friend told the girl about it and the girl asked her to go on her behalf. She was more than happy to do so. It turned out that the guy was actually the student council president. The guy didn’t like the fact that he had to go on a date with the best friend of the girl he likes. But never once did he feel uncomfortable around her. The girl found out about this and told her best friend to stop chatting with him. Thinking that the guy was interested to the girl only, she complied. But when the guy and the girl started dating, the guy felt unfamiliar with her. Their first date felt like their first meeting. The girl wanted to make her best friend jealous so she invited her and the guy into her house. They drank quite a lot especially the best friend. Only the guy was sober enough to help the two girls into their bed. When he was assisting the best friend, the best friend asked him if he didn’t recognize her. And then she said something that made him realize that she was the one whom he had been chatting with, whom he was comfortable with, and whom he had fallen in love with. But he still had the girl in his heart and while chatting with the best friend, he always thought of the girl. So he couldn’t really leave the girl for the best friend.

That was a thirds of the whole plot.

“I won’t fall in love with him. I won’t fall in love with him. I will never drink with him. Never,” Baekhyun muttered with his eyes still glued on the big screen.

Only Baekhyun and Chanyeol were left in the theater. Baekhyu nwas too into the movie’s plot.

Chanyeol stood up from his seat. “If you really don’t want the female lead and the male lead to end up together, write your own story.”

“But realistically speaking, it’s impossible. When he was chatting with her, he was thinking of another girl so his feelings are directed to that other girl,” Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol sighed. “Yeah, yeah. I agree with you. But remember this is a movie, a world created by a writer. Only the writer has the power in this world. The writer can even turn this romcom movie into a gory one with just a single word.”

Baekhyun was happy that Chanyeol agreed with him. To him, it was like an assurance that they would never end up like the characters in the movie.

“Great minds think alike,” Baekhyun said as he swung his arm around Chanyeol’s shoulder.

Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun. The latter immediately took his arm back and gave him a sheepish smile.

“Just because we watched a movie together doesn’t mean you can act all friendly with me. And can you stop sulking about the movie? My stomach’s been shouting at me for a while now.”

Is he inviting me to lunch? No, I can’t, musn’t, shouldn’t and won’t. I don’t wanna eat with him. What if he'll invite me to drink after eating? I don't wanna drink and have the same ending with the movie. It’s my worst nightmare.

“No! I’m not eating lunch with you!”

Chanyeol gave him a disgusted look. “Who says I’m inviting you? You’re so assuming that you assume better than Our Lady of the Assumption.”

Baekhyun sighed in relief. “That’s good news then.”

Chanyeol’s forehead creased. He was confused at Baekhyun’s behavior.

What the fk is wrong with this guy?

**

[A|N: Hello, guytheth! Hope you had a wonderful time reading this chapter. If you notice grammatical errors, pelase point them out for me. Thankies! Lots of love <3]