Chapter III

Love Is Online

“Baekhyun, someone called Lisa is loo-“ Xiumin stopped what he was about to say when he saw the position that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were in.

Due to Baekhyun trying to break free, Chanyeol brought him closer and held him tighter. From grabbing to hugging and from far away to almost kissing. In Xiumin’s eyes, Chanyeol looked like a possessive and jealous lover while Baekhyun looked like a scared bottom.

“I’m sorry. I’ll tell her that you’re busy,” Xiumin said. He left, locking the door.

“Xiumin just said that Lisa’s looking for me outside. Don’t you wanna meet her?” Baekhyun was hopeful.

“I’ll let you go this time,” Chanyeol said as he let go of Baekhyun and went out.

Baekhyun felt like he had just been freed from a jail that he had been imprisoned in his whole life.

All I did was mention Lisa. It’s not my fault that I know her. Just because of that he made me suffer? I’m now sure that Chanyeol just purely hates me. He made me his shuttle not because  I bumped into him but simply because I am Baekhyun. And he hates Baekhyun. F him, Baekhyun thought.

He opened the door a little bit. He saw Chanyeol bringing Lisa to somewhere else. He stalked behind the two quietly. Then someone grabbed his collar. It was Xiumin.

Fate, you should resign. Don’t you know the word timing? Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Why are you following them, Baekhyun?” Xiumin’s tone was playful.

“Just curious about them. Aren’t you?” he replied.

Xiumin thought for a while then nodded his head. “I am. Let’s go!”

“Ssshhhh.. Keep your voice down,” Baekhyun told him as he led the way.

“Hihi. Sorry.”

Chanyeol and Lisa stopped in the old music room. Baekhyun and Xiumin hid behind the humongous door. From where they were situated, not only could they see the two but they could also clearly hear what they were talking about.

“Is your Kik username callmelisa?” Chanyeol asked.

Sparkles lit in Lisa’s eyes. “Yes, that’s me. Why?”

Chanyeol looked disgusted. “Can you stop sending me messages? You’re a girl and yet you act that way…”

“Oppa, I know that you don’t really want me to stop,” Lisa replied.

His eyebrows furrowed. “And how do you know that? Are you a mind reader?”

Lisa lightly shook her head and said, “No, oppa. I’m not a mind reader. But I’m not also an idiot who doesn’t have a common sense.” She smiled innocently.

Chanyeol got even more furious. “Well then, why don’t you use that common sense when it comes to me too? Can’t you see that I don’t like you in anyway and I also don’t want to do anything with you?”

“Oppa, if you wanted me to stop sending you messages in Kik, you would’ve blocked me ages ago.”

The two kept on arguing. On the other hand, Baekhyun was busy cursing Lisa.

F-ing Lalice. So you’re doing a remake of The Liar and His Love in real life, huh? Baekhyun thought.

Baekhyun turned around to leave. He already knew what he needed to know. Xiumin followed right behind him.

“Baekhyun, I have a question,” Xiumin suddenly said.

Baekhyun stopped on his tracks and turned to look at Xiumin. “What is it?”

“Aren’t you tired of us bullying you? Don’t you wanna like start a revolution against us or something?” Xiumin asked.

Baekhyun crosses his arms. “Can I really do that, Xiumin?” His face was like telling to Xiumin that it doing something like that was synonymous to the word impossible.

“Hihi… No, of course. But just understand us please. We don’t really hate you. We’re just acting like we do. You heard how awkward it is when Kai called you nerd and ordered you to make the rationales, right?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and said, “If you’re just acting then Chanyeol deserves a DAesang Award. He really gets into his character so much to the point that he hates me for real.”

Xiumin grinned. “I don’t think that’s the case, Baekhyun. I saw you two having a steamy moment in the clubroom.

“What are you talking about?” Baekhyun asked.

Xiumin grinned once again. “Don’t deny it, Baekie. Don’t worry. I support the LGBT community. LGBT rights is human rights.”

Baekhyun was confused as f. Why was Xiumin suddenly talking about the LGBT community? Was Xiumin gay? And why was he calling him Baekie? The nickname is so cringe-y.

He cleared his throat and said, “I don’t know where you’re getting at but if you’re talking about the LGBT community, then I support them too. It’s not like they’re criminals. They’re simply falling in love. And don’t call me Baekie.” Baekhyun looked at his watch. “It’s 4:00 PM now, Xiumin. Dismissal time. I’ll go now. I’ll bring the rationales tomorrow.”

“Okay, Baekie. See you tomorrow!” Xiumin bid him goodbye.

“I told you not to call me that, Xiumin!”

The latter just gave grinned. He really seemed to like grinning.

**Later that day in the Byun household **

Baekhyun was in Lisa’s room, sitting on her bed. He was waiting for his little sister who was a better liar than Pinocchio. He was really pissed. He had been chatting with Chanyeol as if Chanyeol was really smitten with Lisa. If the heavens were watching him, they would have laughed at how foolish he was. And that was what Baekhyun liked the least. He didn’t want to be laughed at because of his foolishness. He always stayed away from foolish things. He never thought that his sister would bring one to him.

He looked out to the window and the protagonist of his frustration had finally arrived. Finally.

“Lalice, you should replace Hyun Woo in The Liar and His Love. You’re a better liar than him,” Baekhyun said.

“Did I get caught? Ihit!” Lisa replied as she entered her room.

She put her bag down and proceeded with looking for her phone. Lisa was the kind of person who always misplaces her things.

“Stop with that ihit shiz, Lalice. You lied to me. I won’t chat with Chanyeol anymore.”

She stopped looking for her phone and sat beside his older brother. “Oppa, do you want me to tell mom and dad? I know everything that happens in this house. I know what you’re doing.”

Baekhyun said, “That’s not gonna work, Lalice.”

She gave him a menacing smile. “Well, let me try. On March 23rd, 2017 at exactly 4:30:23 pm, you were searching about cases that happened in Hwayang in 1992.

His eyes widened. “How do you know that?”

“I told you I know everything,” Lisa replied.

Then Baekhyun realized something. Lisa could’ve hacked into his computer. She was a professional hacker after all.

“Did you hack my computer?” He asked.

“Maybe or maybe not.” Lisa shrugged her shoulders. “So are you gonna stop chatting with Chanyeol or not?

It’s not like I have choice, do I? he thought

“Fine.  Just don’t tell mom and dad.” Baekhyun gave emphasis to the words mom and dad.

His little sister gave him a big smile. “Don’t worry. I won’t,” she reassured him. “Just continue chatting with Chanyeol in the same pace.

“How can I chat with him as if I don’t know the truth?” he asked.

Lisa stood up and looked for her phone again. She found it under the bed. Maybe she had too much fun with her imaginations that she ended up throwing her phone. It’s happened once. It’s no surprise if it would happen for the second time.

“Don’t worry, oppa. You’re using my name. Whatever you send to him, it will all be under the name Lalice Manoban,” he said as she picked up a sling bag dominated by the colors black and pink. “Oppa, chat with him tonight, okay? I’ll go now.”

“Where are you going?”

“Study group with Chaeyoung, Jisoo and Jenny,” she answered.

Baekhyun scanned her outfit. She was still wearing her school uniform. “Aren’t you gonna change?”

“I’ll borrow Jenny’s clothes. Her clothes are a bomb.”

“And your shamelessness is more of a bomb,” Baekhyun said. “Be back before 9 pm.”

Lisa just nodded in response and left.

Baekhyun’s phone rang and he predicted it to be from Lisa. He looked at his phone and he was right.

From: Lil Dancer

Oppa, just chat with him right now. You have nothing to do anyways. I’ll check your conversation later ;) Saranghaeyo, oppa <3

It feels like I’m under my little sister. One day, I will get my revenge one her. One day for sure, Baekhyun thought as he went to his room.

He opened Kik and laid on his bed. He wondered what topic to talk about with Chanyeol. He thought so hard that he ended up hurting his head.

“Why am I doing this to myself? No need to think hard. Just play with this crazy guy,” Baekhyun said to himself. “Yes, just play with him.”

Baekhyun had a big smile on his face.

callmelisa: Yeolie! Do you think I look pretty?

chanyeol92: No, you’re the ugliest of all the ugly-s. And I already told you not to chat with me. If you think that I’m in love with you, then you thought wrong.

callmelisa: Then why don’t we start from the beginning, Yeolie? It’s good to fall in love sometimes too. ;)

chanyeol92: You’ll just hurt yourself, idiot.

callmelisa: Don’t you think that some people are worth hurting yourself for? Don’t you, Yeolie?

chanyeol92: Stop chatting with me.

callmelisa: You always say that but you reply to my messages instantly. You actually like my company, don’t you, Yeolie? ;)

callmelisa: You must be so shocked by that discovery, right? It’s been 7 minutes and you haven’t replied yet.

chanyeol92: I’m not shocked, idiot! I was in the bathroom.

callmelisa: reasons.com

chanyeol92: Shut up!

callmelisa:  I love you too <3

chanyeol92: I never said that I love you.

callmelisa: You just did. Ihit ;)

chanyeol92: Shut up! Are you that crazy about me?

Yes, Chanyeol. I’m this crazy about making you crazing because of me. I’ll make your life like mine.

callmelisa: What do you think?

chanyeol92: I have a friend here. He’s hotter than me. Why don’t you chat with him?

And as if on cue, someone with the username layonme sent a message to Baekhyun.

layonme: Hi!

If he’s a friend of Chanyeol, then he must be an EXO member. Should I play with another mind as well? Might as well do that.

callmelisa: Hello J

layonme: Is your name Lisa?

callmelisa: Yeah.

layonme: My name’s Zhang Yixing. But you can call me Lay.

I knew it.

callmelisa: Nice to meet you, Lay. How are you today?

layonme: Good now that I’m chatting with you.

Playboy alert. Fortunately, I’m not a stupid girl who just looks at the appearance and gets easily captured by lies.

callmelisa: Haha. You’re a funny guy. Are you a comedian perhaps?

layonme: Yes I’m a comedian. I’m called Yoo Lay Suk [A|N: You know God Yoo, right? Yoo Jae Suk :D]

Baekhyun received a notification that Chanyeol had sent him messages.

chanyeol92: Are you chatting with my friend?

chanyeol92: Hey

chanyeol92: What are you doing?

chanyeol92: Lisa?

chanyeol92: Lalice Manoban?

callmelisa: What is it, Yeolie? ;)

chanyeol92: What were you doing?

callmelisa: Chatting with your friend who’s hotter than you, Yeolie ;) So can you wait for me for a while? He’s an interesting one.

Yeah, he is. I’m so interested in playing with him. Even if he tries to stop other members from making do too much work, I don’t quite like him. Unlike Xiumin, he looks at me with weird eyes.

chanyeol92: No one makes Park Chanyeol wait.

callmelisa: Are you jealous?

chanyeol92: No way!

callmelisa: Then why don’t you wait for a while. A guy hotter than you is chatting with me.

chanyeol92: Fine! I admit. I’m jealous.

chaanyeol92: F! What did I just send?

Yes, that’s the way, Park Chanyeol. No one’s ever talked to you this way, right? I bet you’re so interested with me right now. I’ll make you two fall in love with me and make you fight with each other.

**

[A|N: There are a lot of secrets and I just unveiled a hint in this chapter. I give a clue in every chapter so I hope you don't miss a single word. And if you notice grammatical errors, please don't hesitate to point them out.

Thanks for reading guyssssssss. Lots of love <3]