Chapter XI

Love Is Online

Baekhyun couldn't believe that he sent the message to the wrong person. Although Lisa and Chanyeol's names are next to each other in his contact list, he wouldn't send a message intended for his little sister to the EXO leader.

This was what was in Baekhyun's contact list.

aaaDDA

aaaMMO

Lil Dancer

Satan

He only shared his number with these four people.  Except for the devil. There was some kind of force involved.

To: Satan

I was roleplaying with Lalice. Hahaha. Hahahaha. She just sent you a message. Hahhahahahahahahahahaahahhahshhahahshahhshs  

This is the second time that being callmelisa has given me an advantage. The first time was when Lay almost caught up in my real personality.

callmelisa: hey

chanyeol92: hi. Was your fever high?

callmelisa: not really. Just not used to getting sick

What the fk am I saying? It's like it's my first time getting sick.

chanyeol92: Are u okay now?

Thank the heavens that common sense is absent in Chanyeol's mind at the moment.

callmelisa: Yup. So tell me about your day, Yeolie :)

chanyeol92: I went shopping with Baekhyun

Shopping? Which part of it was shopping? It was torturing dammit.

callmelisa: so what did you buy?

chanyeol92: costumes for an upcoming dance contest

"We didn't buy anything! How dare you lie, Park Chanyeol. I'll make you regret that!"

callmelisa: can u send me a pic?

chanyeol92: why don't you just come here tomorrow? You can have a better look at our costumes and you can even help us with our choreography

Trying to escape? Sorry but I won't let you

callmelisa: just send me a pic pls. I can't come tomorrow because I have something important to take care of. Baekhyun will be taking my place.

Damn that little sister! Even after all my 'threatening' text messages, she still orders me around. And why do I always obey? Dammit!

chanyeol92: Baekhyun? him again?

What do you mean again, you idiot? You should be happy that I'm gracing you my precious time!

callmelisa: Yeah. Baekhyun's fun to be with, you know? His witty mouth is really interesting and his intelligence is so mesmerizing.

I'm not complimenting myself. I'm just stating facts.

chanyeol92: Fun? I don't to be with a bipolar. Witty mouth? I'm not fan of noise. Mesmerizing intelligence? I don't see that anywhere.

callmelisa: Are you insulting my friend? >.>

chanyeol92: right. I forgot that he's your friend. sorry! 

callmelisa: It's okay but really he's a fun company.. unlike me who is the incarnation of boredom

It's true. Unless his little sister is doing some threatening, she's a boring company because she keeps silent. That's her true self.

callmelisa: Isn't fun Baekhyun better than boring Lisa?

chanyeol92: Lisa > Fun . I don't care how fun Baekhyun is but he isn't you.

Okay. Why do I feel disappointed?

** The following day in the terpsichorean club room 

Why is yesterday's conversation still in my mind? Why is it fking bothering me so much? have I fallen in love with him? No, pleaaase. I don't want that. I'm forever traumatized by the movie that we watched together.

Instead of working on the investigatory projects, Baekhyun was busy denying. And by denying, he was defying reality. On Baekhyun's head laid atop the crown of denial. At that moment, he was the king of denial. Or should his title be the queen of denial?

Lay noticed Baekhyun's troubled face. He noticed how the boy would shake his head every now and then. Something was bothering him.

Lay approached Baekhyun. The latter didn't notice until Lay placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun looked up at Lay. "Do you need help with something?"

Baekhyun desperately made it obvious that their brief eye contact made him feel shy. He could never lower his guard around Lay.

"Is something bothering you?"

Yeah. First bother is Chanyeol and second bother is you.

"Am I that obvious?" He smiled a little bit.

"Mind to tell me your problem?"

I DO mind. Can you just please shoo away?

Baekhyun tried very hard to prevent his eyes from rolling.

"It's okay. I can handle it."

"Even the person who has handled everything needs a listening ear. Everyone needs someone to be there for them."

But you're not that someone. Fine. I'll just make stories.

Baekhyun shifted his position and fidgeted with his fingers. "Well, you see, I can't do phase II all by myself. My budget's limited and uh-- wouldn't it be better if you guys are like shown in the picture? Or at least something that'll prove you did it."

Maybe I should be a writer. Should I tell my parents about this?

Lay smiled and said, "Don't worry. We'll do the experiments in Suho's house."

"Okay."

"Baek."

"Yes?"

"After our practice, may I talk to you in private?"

"Sure."

Kai clapped his hands once. "Break's over guys. Let's resume."

"Wait for me in the school's garden," Lay said as he left.

Little did the two know that a certain badass leader had his eyes on them.

** Later that day in the school's garden

Chanyeol heard the two's conversation and was curious. He also felt that something ugly would happen. He hid behind the bushes when Baekhyun and Lay arrived. From his position, he could clearly hear them.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Baekhyun asked.

That damned nerd is acting coy. He's so annoying, Chanyeol thought.

Baekhyun could feel that Lay was nervous. He could see hus hands slightly trembling.

Lay inhaled a good amount of oxygen and exhaled CO2. He did it until his heart stopped beating fast.

"Byun Baekhyun, I like you. Will you be my boyfriend?" Lay's tone was innocent and hopeful that Baekhyun saw him in a totally new light. But that wasn't enough to suppress his surprise.

"What?!"

And the real Byun Baekhyun slipped out.

"I said that I like you and that would you be my boyfriend?" Lay kept looking at the ground.

"I-- Umm- Uh-  O-Okay. I-I--"

Baekhyun was interrupted by Chanyeol who entangled his hand with Baekhyun's.

"Baekhyun's my boyfriend," Chanyeol said.

Okay. What the fk did I just say?