Chapter VIII

Love Is Online

Fk. Why did I do that? I must be so affected by Lisa. It must because of the fact the Lisa and Lay chat with each other. It must be because Baekhyun was Lisa’s replacement in our first movie. It must be because I still think that Baekhyun is Lisa. It must be that…

Chanyeol walked at a fast pace. He stopped in his tracks when he realized something.

Wait. Does this mean that I really thought of Baekhyun as Lisa? It must be because of his outfit that day. Yes, that must be it.

He continued walking to his classroom. Lay was napping.

Were we out for too long?

He cleared his throat as he approached Lay. It caught the latter’s attention which made him sit up.

“So have you taken care of your business?” Lay asked.

Chanyeol didn’t give Lay an answer. He didn’t want to talk about anything related to Baekhyun since the man was insignificant.

Instead, he threw to Lay what Lay threw to him.

“Are the others not here yet?” Chanyeol sat down beside Lay.

“Even if you send them a text message that is in capslock, sleepyheads are still sleepyheads. What’s the new music for?”

Chanyeol sat down and said, “There’s a dance competition next week.”

“We’re going to join then?”

Chanyeol nodded.

“Which club is hosting the competition? How come I didn’t know about it until now?” Lay asked. “I’m the club rep. I should be the one informing you that.”

Lay was assigned as the representative of their club. Even though Baekhyun could do it, Chanyeol didn’t trust him. He knew that the man harbored a grudge towards them, especially towards him. How would he know that Baekhyun wouldn’t desperately give them the wrong information or no information at all?

Since Lay was the representative, he was the first one to get the necessary information.

“It’s hosted outside the school by an outsider. I think it’s time for us to be recognized out of these grounds,” Chanyeol said.

“So we’re gonna participate then. But is that all there is to this? You could’ve just sent us a message or just tell us during the club meeting this afternoon.” Lay gave Chanyeol an I-know-there-is-something-more look.

“There’s another matter. It’s more important and quite serious. I need everyone to be present.”

** Lunch Break

Everyone left the classroom except for Baekhyun. Some went to the cafeteria, some to the rooftop and some to wherever they wanted to eat. Baekhyun preferred staying in the classroom to eat because there was only him and him there.

But on that day, that didn’t happen. While opening his lunchbox, Lay entered the classroom.

Lay brought an armchair right in front of Baekhyun’s. It was facing the other’s armchair so it was inevitable for their eyes to meet.

“Hello, Baekhyun.” Lay waved his left hand with a big smile.

“Hello. Is there something you need?”

Lay shook his head. “Nothing. Just wanted to inform you and if you don’t mind, ask you something.”

That’s not nothing. That’s something. Two things actually.

“Go on with the info. Ask me your question right away. I need to eat.”

“We’re joining an outside dance competition next week and Chanyeol has something important to discuss during the club meeting.”

After Lay informed him, his big smile left. He brought his face closer to Baekhyun’s which made the latter uncomfortable.

“Is it about the club? And I don’t really mind you asking me. You can ask me a thousand questions if you’d like.”

Lay backed away and his big smile appeared again. He stood up and went to the door. Before leaving, he looked at Baekhyun.

“Did you know that that’s how Byun Baekhyun would’ve replied? Of course accompanied with stuttering and being unable to make eye contact.”

Baekhyun froze.

And he left. Lay wasn’t the only one who left the room. Baekhyun’s relaxed state left too.

Shiz. Shiz. Shiz. Shiz. Shiz.

His mind became a dada-abstract art created by a non-artist. And when his phone rang, he screamed a short but loud ah. It was as if all hell had broken loose.

Ever since that vibration incident with Chanyeol in their clubroom, he always turned his phone into silent mode.

When he gained composure, he looked at his phone to see that Chanyeol had sent him a message.

When will I ever get to put at least a grain of rice into my mouth?

From: Satan

I have a friend named Jin. His sister, Jisoo, is one of Lisa’s best friends. I hear that Lisa’s a great dancer. Tell her to come here tomorrow. Say that I want to ask for her help in making the choreography. Say it nicely.

This isn’t a request.

I should do this… unless I want Chanyeol to catch up to my real personality.

Baekhyun sighed as he dialed Lisa’s number.

This is all Lay’s fault. But I should be thankful that it’s him who’s slowly catching on. At least it’s not Suho and Chanyeol. And he’s still catching. It’s not like he already knows. Right? Right…

Baekhyun: La-

Lisa: I’m not available atm.

Baekhyun: Chanyeol wants to-

Lisa: I’m in an important mission.

Baekhyun: Mission? But Chan-

Lisa: Take care of it yourself. This is more important.

Baekhyun: What?

Lisa: I’m writing my own love story. Now shoo

Baekhyun: But-

Lisa: My little Yoda’s here. Don’t. Call. Me.

And his little sister hung up on him.

Aish! They’re both the same. Chanyeol and Lisa. I should get used to Lalice hanging up on me. It’s not like this is the first time. And it’s not like this will be the last time.

Baekhyun’s phone vibrated. Lay had sent him a message through Kik.

“And here’s another problem,” he said.

layonme: Hey Lisa

callmelisa: Hi, Laysuk!

layonme: I heard that you’re a good dancer.

callmelisa: I know it seems proud of me to say it but it’s the truth. I am good at dancing ^^

layonme: My friends and I are joining a dance competition for boys.

callmelisa: Really?

layonme: Yes and if you don’t mind, can you help us with our choreography?

I officially hate the phrase if you don’t mind.

callmelisa: I’d be really happy to do that but I can’t.

layonme: Oh… it’s ok

callmelisa: Did Yeolie tell you to ask me?

layonme: Yeolie? Who’s that?

callmelisa: Park Chanyeol

layonme: How did you know?

callmelisa: Baekhyun just asked me awhile ago?

layonme: Chanyeol did ask me to ask you but I also wanted your help. But how did you know that Chanyeol and I are friends?

Shiz. Shiz. Shiz. Shiz. Shiz. I think I’ll be saying a lot of sets of shiz today.

layonme: Did Baekhyun tell you?

callmelisa: oh yes yes yeees. bakhyun told me

layonme: Bakhyun? Haha, that’s cute.

A typo’s not cute fyi.

layonme: You must be really close to the point that you’d ask him to go in your place.

callmelisa: Whatcha talking about Laysukie?

layonme: Chanyeol kept on complaining in our group chat about how Baekhyun went instead of you.

Chanyeol doesn’t only have big ears. He also has a big mouth.

callmelisa: Awww. I felt really bad.

layonme: It’s ok. Getting sick is inevitable. I have two tickets here for a trip to Busan.

Is this guy gonna invite me too? I think I know where this is going.

callmelisa: Wooooooooooooooow! Busssaaaaaaaaaan

layonme: Would you like to go there with Chanyeol?

Did fate take a u-turn? This is quite unexpected. I thought he was gonna invite me.

callmelisa: But don’t you wanna go with me? I mean, don’t you like me? You’re sacrificing me to your friend?

There’s no harm to this. He thinks that I’m Lisa anyways.

layonme: Am I that obvious?

callmelisa: Maybe, maybe not. hihi ^^

layonme: Well, Chanyeol likes you. It’s the first time I’ve seen this kind of Park Chanyeol and I want to don’t want it to disappear. I want to help him. And besides, I have someone else I like.

callmelisa: But isn’t he your rival? Why are you helping him?

layonme: Before he is my rival, he’s my friend. There’s nothing wrong with helping a friend, right?

I didn’t know this guy was an angel to his friends. Unfortunately, I’m not his friend. So he’s a devil to me. Can I sing Twice’s TT?

callmelisa: So who’s the reserve?

layonme: Haha. It’s mean to call him a reserve

callmelisa: Him? Are you gay?

layonme: I don’t really know. I just love someone I love and like someone I like. Love isn’t between a gender and a gender. It’s between a lover and a lover.

This guy is really good with words.

callmelisa: Preach! So who’s the guy?

layonme: You know him.

Who is- Wait! Is it Park Chanyeol? Oh my gaaas! Is this- O to the M to G really!

callmelisa: Park Chanyeol?

layonme: Hahaha. Right, I forgot that you like him. But it’s not him.

Like him my .

callmelisa: Just tell me Laysukieeeeeeee. My brain will explode! T.T

After knowing this valuable information, I have something if ever Lay find out about my real personality and tell about it. It's dangerous if my real personality is out. I don't know why but my mom just told me that it can harm not only me but everyone in the family.

layonme: Byun Baekhyun