Chapter VII

Love Is Online

The moment Baekhyun arrived home, his phone vibrated.

chanyeol92: I heard from Baekhyun that you got sick.

Baekhyun didn’t send a reply. He was hungry and no one was there to cook for him.

He cooked spicy beefnoodles. He added egg with it already scrambled.

Did Lalice go to Jisoo’s house again? She’s been going there a lot.

The noodles had finally finished cooking. He carefully scooped them into his bowl. When was about to put some noodles into his mouth, his phone vibrated again.

chanyeol92: Is your fever high?

Baekhyun ignored his message. First and foremost, he had to calm his crying stomach. When he had finished his lunch, he patted his stomach.

“That was good.”

He drank two glasses of water and placed the dishes in the sink. It was Lisa’s turn to wash the dishes.

He went upstairs and stood for 30 minutes. He wanted to lie down and rest but he had to digest his food properly.

His phone vibrated again

chanyeol92: Are you okay?

This guy’s head over heels for me!

“I want to mess with him but I find it so hard to chat with him right now. I keep on remembering the movie. Aish!”

It was one of the times that Baekhyun hated his good memory. His good memory was one of the reasons why he’s an honors student. But his good memory isn’t something simple. His teacher would say something and he would create a story about it in his mind. That’s how he remembered a lot of things quickly. And it would all take within just 5 seconds. When his teacher would add something, his story would also expand.

[A|N: This one’s empirical, guytheth.]

It had been 30 minutes and Baekhyun laid on his bead.

“This is heaven,” he said as he hugged his pillow.

He closed his eyes and before he knew it, he entered dream land.

Mommy, why did you change our names?

Mommy, who’s my father?

Jae- I mean Baekhyun, you know who your father is. Why are you asking that, my dear?

I know daddy but not father.

Baek, is your dad not enough? If he hears this, he’ll be really sad.

Will he cry?

Yes, he will.

But I already asked daddy about father. What should I do, mommy? Should I say sorry to daddy?

Before you say sorry, can you also say thank you to daddy for being your daddy? And can you tell him I love you with a big hug?

I will give daddy a very, very, very big hug so he won’t cry.

Daddy?

What is it, my little man?

Thank you very much for being my daddy. I love you so big.

Me too, Baek. Thank you for being my little man and daddy loves you so big.

Umm, daddy.

Hmm?

I’m sorry if I’m looking for my father. Please don’t be sad.

It’s okay, Baek. Just make sure you don’t tell your mommy about this, okay, little man?

Baekhyun’s phone rang which brought him out of his dream. Lisa was calling him.

Baekhyun: What do you need?

Lisa: Just a report on your date.

Baekhyun: It’s not a date.

Lisa: According to an objective perspective, it is. So how did it go? Did you have some lovely moment while watching?

Baekhyun: Your logic’s messed up. And no, we didn’t have moments much less lovely ones while watching the movie.

Lisa: That’s okay. There’s still next time.

Baekhyun: There won’t be a ne-

Lisa hung up. And in lieu of telling him about something important on the phone, she just sent him a text message.

From: Lil Dancer

Oppa, I won’t be home ‘til this Wednesday. I’m at Chaeyoung’s until tomorrow. I’ll be staying at Jennie’s crib after. Mom and dad already know about this. You know what to do about the dishes, right, oppa? Ihit <3

This girl’s a nomad.

Baekhyun groaned. He sat up and looked outside. It was already dusk.

The heavens started crying and Baekhyun remembered his dream that only consisted of all too familiar voices.

It was a conversation that took place when he was about 8 years old. At that time, he wondered why his dad told him not to tell his mom about it. But what his dad said didn’t stop his curiosity. Baekhyun wouldn’t follow requests unless he’s told the reason – except when there’s a threat involved. *cough* Lisa *cough*

As a kid, he was really curious about his biological father. After that conversation, he only asked his mom about his father. His mom would always smile – a fake one he believed – when he told him about his father but he noticed that his mother always flinched at the start of the conversation. He also noticed that his mother desperately but covertly tried to change the subject.

When he was 12, he accidentally heard his mom crying in the middle of the night. His dad was comforting her with a warm hug. He then realized why his dad told him not to tell his mom about it. His mom felt sadder than his dad did.

That was the start when Baekhyun would do the requests of his parents even if he didn’t know the reason. He didn’t want to make them sad even if he would do it unknowingly.

Baekhyun grabbed his laptop and turned it on. The opposite was done to his phone. He spent the rest of the weekend in making the first phase of their ips.

** Monday

Baekhyun hadn’t seen Lisa but his uniform and breakfast were already prepared. She must have dropped by before going to school. He was happy that he didn’t have to do a lot because Lisa had prepared almost everything for him. Well, that’s except his glasses. His glasses was still held hostage by his little sister.

As usual, he walked to school. There weren’t a lot of people yet since it was still a few minutes after 5 AM.

“Good morning, Mr. Choi,” he greeted to the guard with his box smile.

The old man who didn’t look younger than 50 gave him a smile I return and said, “Good morning, Baekhyun. It’s rare that you’re the second person that I’m greeting for today. Aside from the guard who has the graveyard shift, that.”

That was rare. It was the first time that someone arrived before Baekhyun.

“I’ll get going now, Mr. Choi.”

“Dominate your studies again today, Baekhyun!”

“Of course, I will!”

Baekhyun walked quite a flight of stairs. His classroom was located in the 4th floor. It was the last room in the left wing.

Opening the door, he saw the rarest of all the rare scenes he had seen in his life. Park Chanyeol, the King of lateness, was the first one to arrive at school. Not only that but he was also wearing ugly nerd glasses. He still looked good in them, though.

Chanyeol had earphones in his ears and his eyes closed. His head bobbed along with the music that was playing in his phone.

Baekhyun closed the door and that was when the other noticed him.

He sat down on his seat which was right in front of Chanyeol. It was the worst place to be in.

“You aren’t wearing your glasses?” Chanyeol asked.

“Obviously,” Baekhyun replied while he placed his bag down.

“Wear them. Your ugly face will ruin this beautiful day.”

Baekhyun turned around to look at Chanyeol.

“I’m sorry if I have an ugly face but there’s nothing I can do about it. And my glasses are held captive by your princess charming,” he said.

When he heard the word princess charming, Chanyeol removed the earphones from his ears.

“Is Lisa really sick? She didn’t reply to me at all.”

Should I be Pinocchio for a while? Baekhyun thought with an ugly grin on his face.

But before he could make up some lies to mess with Chanyeol’s head, Lay entered the classroom.

“Hey, Chanyeol. Why did you ask us to come at 5:30? You know the others are heavy sleepers.”

Baekhyun was about to turn around but then Chanyeol put his hand all over Baekhyun’s face.

“Ya! What are you doing?!” Baekhyun shouted. “Get your hands off my face!”

Chanyeol stood up and said to Lay, “We have some business to take care. You listen to the music while waiting for the others.”

“Uhh, sure?” Lay had a big question mark above his head.

Chanyeol then dragged the poor boy down to the third floor. When they arrived, he removed his hand from Baekhyun’s face.

“Ya! Business to take care of my ,” Baekhyun said while touching his face.

Chanyeol took of his glasses and put it on Baekhyun. Before Baekhyun could question what he was doing, he immediately proceeded to messing his hair. Baekhyun’s hair was the definition was disheveled.

“There. You look ugly,” Chanyeol said before going back to the classroom.

What the fk?!

**

[A|N: Hello, guytheth! Thankies for reading. Lots of love <3 If you see any typos, please point them out. ^^]