Chapter IX

Love Is Online

Okay. This didn’t go as I planned.

callmelisa: You like Baekhyun?

layonme: Please don’t tell him about this. You’re the only person who knows this.

callmelisa: I’m quite flattered that you trust me this much.

I can’t believe how calm I am right now. I guess that it’s no surprise for Lay to slowly catch on my real personality. I’m unknowingly revealing myself.

When Baekhyun’s outside their house, he would always get too into his timid character. It was to the point that he’d still pretend inwardly. But that day, that didn’t happen.

callmelisa: So what do you like about him?

layonme: I don’t know really. I just fell in love.

How can you fall in love with no reason at all?

callmelisa: c’mon, Laysuk. Tell me why. I won’t tease you. I pwaaaaaaaaaamise ;)

Baekhyun cringed at the message he had just sent.

layonme: There’s no reason really.

callmelisa: there must be something that made your heart flutter

layonme: I don’t really know when and what made me fall in love. I just know that I did.

Are you stupid? How can you not know that? Memory loss maybe?

layonme: You know how it is right? Given the fact that you like Chanyeol

Is this how it is to be in love? You become stupid? If this is how it is, I don’t want to fall in love. Ever. Stupidity comes at a price. And the price is usually more painful than inflicted pain.

callmelisa: I guess so…. Let’s talk about Baekhyun :D

I should use this to my advantage. I hope he takes the bait.

callmelisa: He’s so timid, right? He’s like the perfect person to be bullied.

layonme: I think I know where this is going. Do you know about it?

callmelisa: I sure do. You’re so mean to my friend! Just because he’s weak doesn’t mean you can bully him >.<

layonme: But even with us not bullying him, there would be other groups who would take our place.

I can be anyone’s lackey but your group’s.

layonme: And I don’t think Baekhyun’s weak. He’s pretty strong with his words, you know?

He bit it!

callmelisa: Hahahahahahahaha

layonme: why are you laughging?

callmelisa: Did he say something like ‘Report what needs to be reported. Ask necessary questions right away. Don’t waste even a single second of my precious time.’

layonme: he did say something lik that! How did you know? Are you a fortune teller? Can u tell me my future pls?

callmelisa: Hahahaha. Nice joke

I’m not an entertainer but pretty sure that’s not a joke.

callmelisa: but unfortunately, that’s not the reason. I’m auditioning for a play at school and I was practicing with him yesterday. I told him to get into his character but he just couldn’t do it. I suggested to him to do it in real life.

layonme: He wasn’t awkward at all when he said it. He’s a natural-born actor

callmelisa: He’s awkward af if he does it with the knowledge that he’s acting. It becomes natural when it comes to real life.

layonme: Is he still an actor then?

callmelisa: maybeeeeee

layonme: I don’t think so. Hahahaha. Isn’t it reality anymore? It’s impossible.

callmelisa: hahahaha

Sorry to break your bubble but my family is here and we’ve been doing it since we were young.

** Clubroom // Club Meeting

Baekhyun felt like the heavens abandoned him when he entered the terpsichorean club room. Only Lay was there, smiling at him.

He bowed down and sat on the sofa.

“Hey, Baekhyun. What happened? You looked like you’ve seen aghost,” Lay said while taking the space to the right of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun deliberately gave a nervous chuckle.

“I-I don’t believe in ghosts,” he said while looking down. “Where are the others?”

And if ghosts really do exist, I don’t think I’d be scared when I encounter one. The fact that you’re slowly catching on is what’s scariest right now.

His voice kept on wavering and its volume suggested that he’s guilty of something.

“They went to buy something. Why do you sound like you did something wrong?

Baekhyun fidgeted with his fingers.

“I-I-I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry,” he said with his eyes clenched close.

“What are you sorry for?”

Lay held Baekhyun’s chin and made the other face him.

“For the way I behaved this lunch.” Baekhyun shifted his eyes from Lay to the ground.

Aren’t I meek like a lamb right now?

“I’ll forgive you but only if,” Lay’s hand then approached the glases that Chanyeol put on Baekhyun, “you remove your glasses.”

Before Lay could even touch the frame, Baekhyun backed away. He looked for an excuse for his action and what he decided was his phone vibrating.

He looked at his phone and his eyes grew wide. It was supposed to be a lie but someone did text him.

From: Satan

Dip come to the gate

That was the first that Baekhyun was happy to get a text from Chanyeol although he didn’t like that he called him a dip.

“Chanyeol told me to go out. I’ll be back,” he said and rushed outside of the room.

While walking to the gate, a realization entered his mind

Wait. Why did I need a reason for the way I physically responded to him while he was about to take off my glasses? It’s normal to back away. Aish! This is all because I’ve been spending time with these stupid EXO guys. Their stupidity is contagious. I feel bad using the correct spelling of stupid when describing them. They should be called stooped.

So immersed in his thoughts, he bumped into someone.

“Ow..” he rubbed his head.

“Is he filling your head?” a familiar voice asked.

Baekhyun opened his eyes and the devil stood right in front of him.

“Why did you call me out?” he asked.

“I’m buying our costumes for the dance competition. You’re coming with me. I have an extra gatepass here.”

“Uhh… I don’t think you need my company,” he said with a low volume.

“You’re the manager. You have the money.”

“I-I-I.. The money isn’t with me,” Baekhyun said.

I hate being a stuttering tomato.

“But you’re still the manager.”

“T-That isn’t one of my responsibilities. And I-I need to finish our i-i-investigatory projects,” Baekhyun said with his eyes on the ground.

“The other members are not here.”

This guy’s so persistent.

“Lay’s in t-the clubroom,” he pointed to the back.

“He’s taking care of something, “Chanyeol said and gave their gate passes to the guard.

“He’s free.”

Baekhyun stopped his stuttering but he kept his head down. He couldn’t stutter anymore and with his neck starting to hurt, it seemed like it would pave way for his patience ot burst.

“He isn’t. You need to help me pick our costumes.”

And the bubble popped. Baekhyun faced Chanyeol.

“Yah! Why would you even need me there? Why would you need me to pick your costumes? It’s not like you would listen to my opinions.” Baekhyun’s voice neither wavered nor did its volume become low.

“Fine. I just need a slave to carry the bags.”

What the fk? I’ll make sure to get my revenge on you today. I’ll tortured you in the mall and kill you in Kik tonight.
 

**

[A|N: Thankies so much guytheth! This is the first time that a reader has said ' I love you ' to me. I usually write mystery and thrillers. The usual comments are ' This is too gory. Is this even legal? ' and ' Your wordings make me confused '. Thankies again <3]