Chapter V

Love Is Online

Although Baekhyun hated it, he wore the outfit Lisa had prepared for him. He wore a black t-shirt. Was it still a shirt if it was too fit? Below was a pair of skinny jeans but Baekhyun called it a skinnier jeans because of how fit it was. His white Baymax shoes complemented the dark colors of his clothes. He didn’t wear his spectacles and he didn’t put on contacts. Well, his glasses didn’t have a grade. His vision was 20/20 so he didn’t need them in the very first place. He just wore them because of personal circumstances and he got used to the feeling.

As Baekhyun rode the bus to K Cinema, he noticed that a lot of people were eyeing him. They weren’t just normal stared. They were the head-to-toe type of stares. It was awkward. And it was even more awkward without his glasses. He felt .

I’m really gonna pay that Lalice back. She hid all of my clothes and my glasses. Where could she have hidden them? She hid them too well that I couldn’t find a single one even after turning our house upside down.

He had finally reached his top and went down the bus. Entering K Cinema was no different. A lot of eyes were still on him. Because he was used to being ignored by strangers, he quickened his pace. He didn’t like his current situation. AT ALL.

“Chanyeol,” he said as he tapped on Chanyeol’s right shoulder.

Chanyeol turned around and narrowed his eyes at Baekhyun. “Are you a relative of Byun Baekhyun?”

“Park Chanyeol, I know that I’m not wearing what I usually wear but which part of me doesn’t shout Byun Baekhyun?” Baekhyun asked sarcastically.

“Everything. So you’re Byun Baekhyun? That Byun Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes, that Byun Baekhyun,” he replied.

“You look like a ,” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes.

“What are you doing here? Don’t tell me that Lisa invited you too?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “Even worse than that. I came here as her replacement.”

“Go home. I’m here to watch a movie with Lisa, not with a nerd slash like you,” Chanyeol said as he pushed Baekhyun lightly.

“Lalice got sick and she didn’t want to disappoint you. She told me to tell you to think of me as her. And about me looking like a , please direct that to Lalice. She was the one who prepared my outfit. She said and I quote, ‘This is what I usually wear so I think he’d be comfortable in thinking of you as me.’”

But none of what Baekhyun said was true. He didn’t see his little sister that day and when he opened his closet, all he saw was the outfit she had prepared for him with a good luck note.

Lying to the devil isn’t a sin, Baekhyun thought.

“Don’t lie to me, nerd. If she really got sick, she should’ve told me last night. We were chatting until midnight.”

I guess you have decided to call me nerd for today. And yes, WE were chatting until midning because you fking wouldn’t let me sleep.

Baekhyun crossed his arms. “That must be why she got sick then. Chanyeol, Lalice can’t see the future. She’s not a fortune teller. How do you expect her to know last night that she would get sick this morning? Should I give you a third of my common sense?”

This nerd’s got some guts. But why don’t I find it annoying like when he tried standing up to me when I splashed him with water last year? Is it because of how he looks today? Is it because he reminds of someone? Chanyeol thought to himself.

“Go home. I’m not watching a romcom movie with you,” he said.

“I don’t wanna watch it with you too. Wait for awhile. I’ll relay that to Lalice,” Baekhyun said while he took out his phone and started typing.

I don’t think she can block my escape this time. She can’t threaten me in text messages, can she? Baekhyun thought as he sent the message to his little sister.

To: Lil Dancer

Chanyeol’s with me. He said that he doesn’t want to watch the movie with me so we’re leaving.

“Okay, done. Let’s go our se-“

Before Baekhyun could finish his sentence, his phone rang. It was a message from Lalice.

From: Lil Dancer

You’re gonna watch the movie with him. I’ll send you another message. Show it to him right away.

It’s imposibru, Lalice. Chanyeol doesn’t watch a movie with guys – even a movie about friendship with the EXO members is a no and a never. And you obviously can’t persuade him with one text message.

Chanyeol was about to walk away when Baekhyun stopped him.

“Here’s a message from your princess charming.”

From: Lil Dancer

I’m so embarrassed right now. I shouldn’t have invited him. I so wanna dig a hole and stay there for the rest of my life. Please tell him I’m sorry and that I will never invite him to watch a movie – or anything at all. I promise not to disappoint him again. And if he wishes for me to stop chatting with him, I will do so.

After reading the message, the next thing that Chanyeol did was drag Baekhyun to the ticket booth.

That was fast. Too fast.

Baekhyun read the message from Lisa to know how she was able to persuade Chanyeol.

Fk. She can do miracles.

**

[A|N: Hello guytheth! I'm back :) I'm sorry but I don't think that I can update Chapter VI today. I'm really sorry. By the way, may I know anyone who knows how to set the book cover here? I'm the newbie of all newsbies here in AFF. I just don't know how to put images.

Thanks for reading! And if you notice grammatical errors, pelase point them out. I wrote this chapter in an hour and I didn't read it. Thankies in advance! Lots of love <3]