Chapter XII

Love Is Online

"Baekhyun's my boyfriend."

Lay stood there frozen, not even noticing Baekhyun who was also frozen being harshly dragged by Chanyeol to the club room.

What happened earlier slipped out of Baekhyun's mind because of the harshness of Chanyeol.

When they entered the club room, Chanyeol let go of him.

Baekhyun touched his wrist.

"This morning you stopped me in the school entrance. You fixed my hair. Did you also want to fix my wrist? Is dragging a new way to fix it, doctor?"

Sarcasm was shot all the way to Chanyeol from Baekhyun's unfiltered mouth.

"Weren't you wearing my glasses? Did you take the pair off because you wanted to seduce Lay?" There was a new tone in Chanyeol's voice but Baekhyun couldn't identify what it was.

"Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuu."

"Why is your vowel so hard?" Chanyeol asked.

"I just matched it with tour thinking capacity." Baekhyun gave an ugly smile. "I've worn your glasses for two days and I believed it was time to return what I borrowed - although you forcefully put it on me because apparently my face is enough to ruin a beautiful day."

"Then why aren't the glasses in the custody of the owner?"

"I gave it to Xiumin because of my private talk with Lay."

"If you're gonna return something, return it to the owner."

The mention of Lay's name made Baekhyun remember something important.

"Wait... your anger in this issue is more than necessary. Are you desperately doing this because you want to forget about what you said earlier?"

Chanyeol remained silent.

Bingo! Baekhyun thought.

"You're my boyfriend? Us being together will only happen in a shipper's imagination," Baekhyun said.

"So what are you gonna wear tomorrow?" Chanyeol asked.

"Uhh, clothes?" Baekhyun responded as if it was the most obvious answer to his very stupid question.

"About the glasses," Chanyeol said.

"I don't need to wear glasses. My vision is perf- Wait! You're trying to avoid it, right, Mr. Baekhyun's-my-boyfriend? Oh, my shining armor Yeolie!"

Mockery was another expertise of Baekhyun.

"Why do you treat only me this way? You're so kind to Lay yet so hostile to me. I saw you being a stuttering tomato towards him in the club room yesterday."

Oh my gaaas. Have I been unintentionally lowering my guard down around Chanyeol? Does this mean I feel safe when I'm with him? No, please. Just no. I can't fall in love.

That was the moment that Baekhyun became the King of Denial... maybe Queen suited him better.

Calm down, Baekhyun and focus. He's just trying to take away your attention.

Baekhyun breathed and narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol.

"Still trying to dodge? Sorry but all the emergency exits are opened."

Then his phone vibrated.

From: Lil Dancer

Can you come home early today? There's something

"One emergency exit just opened. Yeolie has no master. Yeolie is free," Baekhyun said.

Baekhyun knew that Lisa had something important and urgent. Seeing that there were no threats and no oppa shiz, it seemed like a personal matter.

Baekhyun left and as if on cue, Lay appeared.

"Chanyeol, are you really Baekhyun's boyfriend?" Lay asked.

Chanyeol laughed. "No, of course. I would never fall in love with a guy."

Lay frowned. "Then why did you say that you're his boyfriend?"

"Chill, Lay. You should be thanking me. I just saved you from a catastrophe," Chanyeol said.

"He's a catastrophe worth experiencing."

"Even if he's worth experiencing, a catastrophe is still a catastrophe."

"Even if a catastrophe is still a catastrophe, I don't mind dying if its name is Byun Baekhyun." Lay sighed and said, "You don't like the catastrophe but I do. So let me have this catastrophe. This catastrophe might kill me in the end but I don't really mind."

Lay's words tugged Chanyeol's heart. It felt like he was being a jerk but he didn't know the reason why. He believed that it must have been due to hurting his friend. But he still wasn't quite sure.

**Later that day in the Byun household

When Baekhyun entered his room, he was expecting to be bombarded with questions about Chanyeol. When he saw his little sister crying, he desperately hoped that it was just an act and that Lisa would do the merong at him.

Lisa lifted up her face and Baekhyun saw a devastated girl. It was the second time Baekhyun had seen that face of Lisa. But Baekhyun still held on a hope that was quickly fading. He hoped that Lisa just wanted to make fun of him.

"They're gone... Mom and dad are gone," Lisa said stiffling her cries.

Baekhyun's world just dropped.