Chapter I

Love Is Online

Baekhyun used to love school. He was always the most cheerful one. But that’s until he accidentally bumped on Chanyeol. Chanyeol made his school life like a living hell. Baekhyun who was once the brightest became the gloomiest.

Chanyeol forced him to sign up for their terpsichorean club. He was the manager but that was only by name. His tasks were to make their home works, projects and study materials; write love letters in behalf of them; and most importantly, be their stress reliever. In simple terms, he’s their slave.

After Baekhyun cleaned the club room, he hurriedly left. He didn’t want to meet any member of EXO, especially Chanyeol. Baekhyun was the one who created their group name but he hated hearing it so much. He told them that he named them EXO because their talents, skills, and looks were out of this world. But the truth was that he wanted them to be out of his world.

It seemed like luck wasn’t on his side. The moment he stepped out of the club room, he bumped to Lay.

Out of depression, Baekhyun said, “Are you going to make my life hell-er simply because I bumped into you?”

When Baekhyun realized what he had just said, his eyes grew wide. He immediately bowed 90 degrees and apologized to Lay. “I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude towards you. I’m really sorry.”

A chuckled left Lay’s mouth. “It’s okay, Baekhyun. Don’t worry. I won’t make your life hell-er,” Lay replied.

“That’s because my life is currently in its hell-est state. You can’t make something hell-est hell-er, can you?” Baekhyun couldn’t really control his mouth.

Baekhyun bowed again. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

Lay chuckled again and said, “You’re one funny guy, aren’t you? You might want to go home now. The rest of the members will come here in a few minutes for the practice. You wouldn’t want to meet Chanyeol, would you?”

Baekhyun shook his head frantically and ran to the school gate. The moment he reached the gate, he was out of breath. He rested and then he went home. He went right away to his room.

His room shouted simple but elegant. The walls and the ceiling were painted grey. The floor was covered with a striped rug. The rug was in black and white. There was only one window which was a glass one and the bed was located right beside it. The bed sheets were white while the blanket and the pillows were grey. Next to the bed was his white study table. On his table were his books, notebooks and his personal laptop. 30 inches above the table was his black clock that also worked as an alarm. There was also a stool and its color was grey. The only objects whose colors did not quite fit in with the others were the door and the doorknob. The door was dirty white and the doorknob was golden.

 “Baekhyun, you look like a pitbull was chasing you,” Lisa said when Baekhyun entered his room.

Baekhyun put down his bag and put his shoes on his shoe rack.

“A pitbull’s nothing. Satan was chasing me. And why are you in my room?” Baekhyun asked his sister as he changed his shirt. “Can you leave for a few minutes? I need to change my pants.” He pointed at his pants.

Lisa turned around.

“I asked you to leave, not turn around.” But Baekhyun changed his pants anyway. “You can turn around now.”

“Oppa, you look so good in that,” Lisa said even before she saw Baekhyun’s outfit.

Baekhyun went to his study table and his laptop. “Spill it, Lalice. What do you want from me?”

“Nothing, oppa. You just really look good.” Lisa stood up and approached Baekhyun. She massaged his shoulders the best that she could.

“I know there’s something, Lalice. You never call me oppa unless you need something,” he said without even facing Lisa.

“Hehehe. You got me, oppa,” she said in her anime voice.

“Stop acting cute, Lisa. Just say it.”

Lisa stopped massaging Baekhyun’s shoulders and sat on his bed while facing her older brother.

“You see, oppa, there’s this guy who likes me. I don’t like him but he’s so persistent. He sends me messages on Kik every day.”

Baekhyun stopped surfing the web for investigatory projects to use as references for his own and for the other EXO members. “That’s easy. Just block him or his ip. You’re a good hacker, right?”

“That’s the reason why. I’m a good hacker so I don’t do things that are illegal. I’m a whitehat.”

“Just report him to the authorities,” he replied and he continued with what he was doing earlier.

“But I think I’m falling in love with him,” she said.

Baekhyun sighed. “Then chat with him.”

“It’s still in the process, oppa. I don’t want him to have false hope and end up heartbroken. I’m a good person, oppa.” Lisa’s hands were on her chest to show that she really cared for the guy.

“Then cut ties with him.”

“Oppa, I don’t myself to be heartbroken either. What if I fall in love with him when he has already moved on with me?”

“Lalice, this isn’t my problem. It’s yours so solve it.”

Lisa grabbed Baekhyun’s shoulders and made him face her. “You’ll do it, right, oppa?”

His little sister was smiling but the vibe she was releasing was that of a person with psychosis.

“O-Okay, Lalice. Calm down. I’ll do it for you,” he said. “So who will I be chatting with?”

“Chanyeol,” Lisa said while she put down her hands. She gave him her sweetest smile.

“What?! Anyone but him, Lalice. He’s the Satan of my life, for f sake.”

“It’s not hard, oppa. It’s easy. You just need to pretend as if you’re me and chat with Chanyeol.” Lisa said it as if it was the easiest thing to do in the world.

“I can’t do that, Lalice. Really, I can’t.”

Lisa gave of that psycho vibe again. “You’ll do it for me, oppa, right?”

Baekhyun sighed in defeat and said, “I really regret choosing you to be my sister.”

She stood up and headed for the door. Before she left his room, she said, “It’s not my fault, oppa. You’re the one who wanted me so bad to be your little sister so I was adopted.” She gave him a smug look.

Lisa closed the door and as she went to her room, she thought, Finally! My otp is gonna sail in the right direction.

**

[A|N: If you notice a grammatical error, please point it out for me. I would really appreciate it. And thank you for reading my very first fanfiction. Lots of love!]