Daniel Lee //  LOCO : 재  ♂  CAFE MISTO

Golden-Blood's OC Gallery

colors used : #ece0d1, #634832, #38220f, #dbc1ac 

golden-blood • sun • cheatsheet turn in

 

replace with face claim 120 width / any height
 
 

birthnameDaniel Jay Lee

Other names

— Lee Jaesuk (이 재석) / His actual korean birth name. Whereas Daniel Jay Lee is his English name. Not to mention, his parent's are pretty much the only ones who call him by his korean name.

nicknames

— DJ / it's pretty self explanatory, and almost ritual to call him DJ. DJ stands for "Daniel Jay", so yeah, all his close friends and distant family call him this. 
— Sukkie / His younger sister calls him this and he absolutely dispises it. No, not because she calls him this, but because his friends heard it and can't stop teasing him about it. "Sukkie, do this." and "Sukkie, do that." or even, "Sukkie, why do you have such a frown?" He'd sock 'em all if he could for making fun of the sacred name his sister treasures.
— Sour Patch Kid / It's a little joke his friends have going on, about Jay and it's mostly because he has a "sweet and then sour" look to him. He looks godly, but instead has a stoic view and personality. He's the real life Sour Patch Kid. 
— Daddy Starbucks / Must you even have to ask?-- Everyday, Jae would show up to school with a cup of Starbucks to start the day. It was rare to see him without one. Again, his close friends use this one. AND to this day, he still carries a cup of Starbucks to get him through his day. 
— Boba-King / For mornings, it's Starbucks coffee...For afternoon's it's Boba. You start to wonder if this guy ever has healthy things to drink...-- It's also used by his friends and group members. 

birthday November 22, 1994
birthplace Santa Monica, California, USA
hometown Seoul, South Korea
ethnicity Korean
nationality Korean-American
languages spoken

— Korean / Proficient / Although he didn't grow up in korea, it was his native tongue and the language he spoke most whilst at home with his parents. 
— English / Proficient / Along with Korean, English was also one of the languages he spoke most often; in fact, it was the language he also spoke everyday when he had to communicate in public and away from his parents. 
— Japanese / Intermediate / He's not the best when it comes to Japanese, but he's not the worst either. He began learning it by himself by reading and watching manga, but dropped it after moving back to korea. He wasn't urged to pick it back up until he joined Big Dipper. 

face claim Oh  Sehun
back up Gongchan shik (b1a4)
height 182 cm
weight 62 kg

 

appearance

— currently, jae stands at six feet flat. his body type is slim and slender, minus the muscles he's earned recently from working out on his arms, back, and abs. his hair is naturally dark brown and straight, but in recent days he's been coloring it any which way management tells him to. (i think it's safe to say that he's pretty much the same as his fc).

 

fashion 

the lookbook

in short, comfort over vanity. if he has to look good, then alright, he'll do it, but not on his own. no stylist, no coordinator, then expect plain shirts, coats, destressed jeans, and sneakers. 

 
 

 

    

 

personality traits

jae is to be classified as a chaotic good. he'll always do the right thing at the end of the day. 

(+) laid-back, calm, compassionate, effiicient, gallant, humorous, stoic 
(o) patronizing, skeptical, solemn, stern
(-) superficial, stiff, procrastinator, pompous, phlegmatic, forthcoming, blunt

personality

— irritating. jae is irritating to say the least. and not in just one way. for one, he's superficial.  it's like he only exists in his mind, because he's been built to be a moving piece in front of everybody else. it's what the life of an idol is, isn't it? he won't change, he stands stiff in his ways of life and morals and is skeptical in trying any other way of life. he knows what he knows, and he's been fine up until now, so why should he have to change anthing?  jae is patronizing at times, and although rare, he is only human at the end of the day. there are things he says without thinking it through that really piss off a lot of people. and it's not that he says these patronizing things when he's on-camera or on stage, he takes to these sort of things when he's in the privacy of others or his home around the people he's closest with. because he knows what will happen if he ever does it in front of or on media, and he doesn't need something like that following him around. however, if he's been patronizing to you, by no means, will he just let it be. he's too compassionate to just let it be. so it's not out of character if he jumps ship to make it right, but that's only if he cares about said person enough, otherwise he'd keep his usual stoic, solemn stance. he'd fix it in his own time of day when the chance arises. and through it all, he seems calm and almost phlegmatic in a sense which can easily anger the people around him because i mean, come on, "go fix it dude". he acts like everything that's happened is alright. as if there's enough time, or simply not enough to worry himself over. like that, he's able to keep his mind clear for the important things he should keep his mind on. but don't be fooled, jae is one hella procrastinator. like, welcome to procrastination nation. you've just arrived, so grab a warm cup of cocoa, take this book, make sure you scroll through your phone for two hours, and oh! netflix just released a new cool series, you should check that out and yeah. that's jae. 

jae is more on the efficient side when it comes to work and doing things he likes since he's somewhat of a perfectionist. he doesn't like to play around when he's working because if there's one sure thing it's that he's being paid to learn and entertain, so when the group is in practice, he's very stern, and makes sure that all the other members know their own parts in full, and helps them out if they need it. on stage, he comes off as a gallant and laid-back kind of person. that's mostly because jae isn't afraid of saying what's on his mind, no matter the topic, and instead of worrying or getting overwhelmed with the feeback he receives, he takes it in stride, and learns what not to and to do from there. and when it comes to his fans (whom he loves), he's a ball of energy, who holds a lot of humor and witt. of course, his humor also applies when he's around close friends, family, and lover. but people who hardly know him, think of him to also be blunt, and in a way he is. he's straightforward and forthcoming, in a way where he knows what he want's and knows how to acheive it. and if he doesn't know, well, he'll sure as hell find out how to acheive it. it's probably what's most pompous about him. jae thinks he knows everything until he doesn't, then he's stuck. 

background

— when jae daniel jay lee was born in santa monica, his mother miseul loved flashing photographs of her first born. she shared his photos around with friends and online like he was some brand new up and coming infant model. now, kyeongil (his father), was not very pleased with this but didn't tell her otherwise in fear of it becoming some unending outburst. still, being together for a good half decade, you know what does and doesn't bother your significant other, and when miseul got the hint, she stopped sharing the photos on social media. still, those would be there forever for the world to see later on in his life. it wasn't until daniel jay lee was fresh past his third birthday that his mother recorded him in the bathtub (a bubble bath ofc) reciting a scene to a movie miseul had been watching, without actually watching it. he'd been playing with his toys, splashing them about in the water while he recited the lines. the video was about three minutes long, but the moment she shared it with her friends, was the moment her friends shared the video with their friends, and so on so forth. the video became viral amongst most things. nobody could pass up the "acting toddler protege in the tub" who'd recited the entire scene with accuracy.

two months after going viral, daniel jay lee was offered a cameo role in a movie as a supporting role in korea. with both parents agreeing, they flew to korea for the role, so daniel jay lee could audition for the part. when he successfully secured the part, miseul rented an apartment in the area so she could look over daniel jay lee (or lee jaesuk in korea). the role wound up landing him his big break, and title of the "most calm, and intelligent child actor of his time".

he went on to star in two more films as a supporting character in korea, before he landed a movie as the main character when he turned eight. and aside from traveling here and there, he also had to be on top of his school work and learning. so, his mother squeezed in as much learning time as they could, and generally, because he was on the road a lot, he had a home-school teacher who'd travel with them but the teacher only offered an accelerated learning program, so when he was able to go back to class, it wasn't interesting because he'd already learned what was being taught. his schedule wasn't what it used to be when he had started, and when he was barely able to attend class, that's when the family decided to permenantly move to korea, since their son's career was there. through the years she spent by her son's side, she learned how to manage, so when alexandra was born, she was able to take the reigns as her daughters personal manager. i got ahead of myself though. we still have a few years before alexandra is born--

after his main role, lee jaesuk was offered a contract under sm entertainment as a child actor, and with no hesitation, miseul urged her son to take it. through sm entertainment, lee jaesuk was also able to star in several other roles, along with several other famous actors and actresses he'd looked up to growing up, and as he began to reach the peak of his career as a child actor, he decided to stop acting. he was almost going to turn twelve, and it was around the time his sister was born. he didn't feel the need to act, and quite frankly, he didnt enjoy it as much anymore. the kid who had gone by lee jaesuk in his korean acting career killed the name and went back to being regular old daniel jay lee once alexandra jae lee was born. he wanted to teach her everything, and he wanted to go back to a normal school, but he was already in a league of his own. when he was old enough to attend high school, his parents enrolled him in the school or performing arts in seoul (sopa). he'd taken some time to get used to the surroundings but once he was settled, he began training as an idol trainee. somehow, training lost it's meaning when the company turned it's back on him. he left, and didn't come back until he was scouted. 

 

  

 

likes

— coffee, specifically starbucks coffee.
— bubble tea, and no, it doesn't matter what flavor he'll drink it
— exercising, i mean he doesn't love it but he enjoys it to an extent--
— food, aside from keeping a well diet, he can't help but sneak in a few extra bites of whatever it is he can find.
— online shopping, because who wants to go through the trouble of going out to shop?
— history, he's always been fond of collecting knowledge, and especially likes ancient history such as goryeo, buyeo, okjeo, dongye, samha, etc.
— dance clubs, although far from calm, he likes to observe the beauty of it all.
— skateboarding, he spent a lot of time riding to and from his home when he moved to korea.
— 

dislikes

— spending countless hours in hair and make-up, it just get's him more irritating than he already is because he gets bored of sitting around doing nothing. he'd rather be out doing things.
— wasting time, this sort of goes with the previous dislike. because every second in his life shoud count for something. why would he spend it sitting around doing nothing?
— sweets, although good, aren't really his cup of tea.
— mathematics. he's e at it. not all asians are good at it, so stop stereotyping--
— it irks him when people talk to him before he's had his coffee. it's like you're not you when your hungry you haven't had your coffee.
— dishonesty, sure go and say what you will, but nobody likes being lied too, not even jae. 
— abuse, any kinds really. because let's face it, that's not right. not in the slightest.
— feeling vulnerable. nothing is worse than that.
— 

fears

— thantophobia : the fear of losing somebody you love. in jae's case, it's loosing the people he's closest too. they are what hold and bind him together, so losing htem would be loosing himself.
— aphenphosmobia : the fear of being touched and loved. the only reason this is a big problem for him is because he feels like love is vulnerable, and he's scared that if he lets people in to see the real him, that they'll just bend and break him. 
— hemophobia : the fear of blood; even the sight of it makes him faint. 
— thalassophobia : the fear of the ocean; water, waves, and unknown spaces. There's just always been something creepy about the darkest parts of the ocean that bothers jae. so the beach is a definite no go for him.

habits

— talking when he doesn't need too or when it's quiet for a reason (you know, just to sh*t on everybody's day--)
— he tends to mix up his english and korean when he's caught off guard. 
— he get's flustered when a girl admits their feelings for him, because he doesn't know how to return the feeling or what to say in response. 
— 

hobbies

— he collects crystals for his sister; he'll actively go out of his way to do it.
— exercising & practicing, i mean, what else is there?
— painting/drawing, the a** is surprisingly good at it, who knew?
— sitting in silence, out in nature. how much more peaceful does it get?
— reading, to gain knowledge and explore the creativity of other writers.
— listening to music, it doesn't matter what kind so long as it inspires him and gets his body moving.

special talents

— acting, it's pretty much a given now. 
— he can play the drums
— his mind is partly eidetic memory, so even if he's not the best dancer, he can recall choreography to immitate. this also goes well when he has to memorize lines as an actor. 

trivia

— he's ambidextrous; originally started off writing with his left hand, but also learned to write with his right hand. 
— he wants to star in action, and period movies/dramas if he gets the chance.
— jae is genre-flud, he listens to any and all types of musics no matter the language barrier. 
— although he prefers his natural dark brown hair color, he doesn't mind the amounts of times he has to color it.
— his favorite coffee is any tea latte's whether it be chai, green tea, honey citrus mint, or royal english breakfast tea latte.
— let it be known that he has a major celebrity crush on camila cabello.
— he was with hyeri and wenzhen when he got scouted by big dipper scouts.
— 

 

  

 

relationships

► Parents / Lee Kyeongil & Lee Miseul / 48 & 47 (respectively) / Kyeongil is a Business Man, whereas Miseul is the Family Manager / kyeongil is stern, observant, and the authoritarian meanwhile, miseul is open-minded, free-spirited and the permissive type of parent.  / 4 out of 5
interactions briefly

 
► Sister / Alexandra Jae Lee (Lee Jaemin) / 12 / Student, Child Actress / bubbly, talktative, manipulative/sly / 5 out of 5 / fc: jo eun hyung
alexandra is probably the only person jae can genuinely and officially relate too that's blood related. if they hadn't had so many years between them, they'd probably go out and create shennanigans all the time. 

 


► best friend / lee hyeri / 23 / Girls Day / talkative, bubbly, active, selfless / 5 out of 5 
the two met at SOPA. they shared several classes together, and after being partnered for a project at the end of their ninth year, they just seemed to click. you know the whole, opposites attract thing. she always made up for what he lacked, and it was no news when people actually thought they were together. (although, they never really actually dated, they were close enough for speculations). neither side ver confirms or denies though. they very much like teasing the whole word about it. since they're the same age, they do get up to weird sh*t together. most would say that they belong together.

 


► best friend / cao wenzhen / 24 / freelance model / rational, organized, blunt / 5 out of 5 / fc: luhan
the reason jae and wen make good friends is because wen acts like the conscious jae somehow lacks. and wen actually has the patience to keep jae on track, and out of various problems. jae can't really imagine his life without wen by his side. (they first met when they co-stared in a movie together).

 


► group mate / Shin Jineul / 22 / LOCO / protective, motherly, open-minded, hyper, clumsy, sarcastic (to name a few)  / 5 out of 5 closeness. / fc: pcy
I honestly think, out of all the members in LOCO, Jay would have a specific weakness and adoration for Jineul. I also think, Jay would be the one to call him "Whipped Cream" along with Jinhai (although Jinhai would have other reasons to do so), because that's just the kind of relationship they'd have. 
And, overall it seems like fate that they grew up in the united states, came back to korea and ended up in the same group. So, of course, Jay would definitely gravitate toward this giant. theres that "unspoken thing".
 


► group mate / Wen Jinhai / 21 / LOCO / honest, kind, observant (to name a few)  / 4 out of 5 / fc: kjd
The relationship Jay has with Jinhai is a little more different than the one he has to Jineul. He's a whole lot more caring, and willing to stick up for his "small fry".

 

 

 
 

 

  

 

"Annyeonghasseyo, LOCO's sweet & sour vocalist, Jae here. Thank You for showing all of your love and support. I'll forever be yours~ Sarangaehyo." *finger hearts*

fact: yes, in almost every self-introduction this guy has the nerve to say "I'm yours" or "I'll be forever yours". it's a term of endearment but still T-T staph it you tease. 

 

stagename 재 (stylized as Jae)
positions Main Vocalist, Visual (B.U.: Lead Vocal, Lead Dancer)
persona Sweet & Sour
fanclub YOUnity
fancolor turquois (since it's his birthstone) + #40E0D0

training years three years, seven months (sm ent ; 2009 -2012.) // gap (2012-2014) // two years (big dipper media ; 2014 - 2016)

training background

— jae's story starts back in 1997, when he was just three years old. jae was offered a small roll as a background character after a video of him re-enacting a scene from a famous drama at the time went viral. to say the least (mostly because it's all in the background), it was one of the best things that could have happened to the family. it's what opened daniel jay lee's life to the future he's living now. jae continued to act for various years, managed by nobody but his mother for a while, until an undeniable offer came through where he was signed as an actor under sm entertainment. he acted until his twelvth birthday, and although still signed, was allowed time off to re-adjust himself, to find a new solution and get back on the horse. when he came back to the company two years later, his mother and he discussed a new contract, one for idol training. it took several meets, but ultimately, the company didn't want to sign him until the brand new year came. 

when jae turned fifteen, he officially began training to be a member of an idol group. he excelled quickly in his work, and made it to the line-up for sm entertainments newest boy group. however, at the age of eighteen, when sm entertainment was nearing a male group debut, they suddenly dropped him from the line-up without much explanation, leading jae to feud with various staff members. there was no lying, he was frustrated and furious witht he results he'd been delivered. he'd worked too hard, and too long for his dreams to be pulled from right underneath him. with no hesitation, he demanded to nulify his contract and left the company to continue his studies. 

after two years had passed, on his twentieth birthday, jae was scouted by big dipper staff and although he hadn't seen himself going this route again, he also hadn't realized how much he had missed the hard trainings and time spent in front of a crowd. he still had his talent, the one he never gave up practicing. so, after some thought and consideration, jae began to train under big dipper, later becoming one of the first trainee's of the group. jae was lucky enough this time around to be included in a new group line-up, LOCO. and this time around, he was guaranteed the spot. 

talent twins

Vocal: Gunwoo // link
Rap: 
Dance: Sehun // link
Talking: Sehun // link
Variety: undecided
Aegyo: "Aegyo? What's that? I'm not sure I understand."

plotline Cafe Misto
backupEspresso Macchiato

 

 
 

 

        

 

last comment so...I was so tempted to put jineul as his love interest BUT I want to leave his love interest open, so that anybody else can use him too. lol. If Jay is chosen, then...I'll add the love interest section back in and update it-- 
i'm also going to say SORRY if the background is a bit rushed and all over the place T-T i'll make it better if it's not all that great--

scene requests

— i'd like to see LOCO have their own show along the future like one fine day or like showtime, but i also think it would be super cool if they had a drama sort of show/introduction like astro did. it wouldn't even have to be like the first intro it could be to introduce an album. 
— mucho idol interactions :D 
— i wouldn't even mind a scandal of jae dating hyeri--
— 

password this or this #dead