Chapter 9

❣ My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a soft hum you closed your locker, feeling a few students gape at you as you struggled to get your book into your bag. You felt like turning around and yelling at them that they had to mind their own business and there was nothing to be seen, but you stopped yourself. You were already getting enough attention, the last thing you wanted was for people to know that you had a short temper. It had been going on like this ever since everyone had found out that you were dating one of the school’s hotties. They all thought you were privileged because he was your brother’s best friend and you had known him for so long, they all thought you didn’t have to do any effort in order to make him like you. The girls didn’t think you played fair game in winning his heart, so they would probably be disappointed if they would find out how things had really gone. You had decided to ignore the gossips and the lies, since he did too, as long as you and your friends knew the truth then it didn’t matter what they said. Yet, you were afraid that one of the students here would tell your brother about your relationship with his best friend and the last thing you wanted was for him to find out through someone else. It had almost become impossible for you two to keep on hiding it, especially after what had happened on Chanyeol’s date night. Baekhyun had been right, this relationship had become something serious way faster than you had expected. 

 

It had started as a fling, flirtations going back and forth in between the two of you as if it hadn’t meant anything and it was just for fun. But by now you realized that you had feelings for Baekhyun which you had never felt for anyone else. You felt them settle themselves deep inside of your body, become one with you. It was impossible for you to keep fighting it, surely after what had happened between the two of you last week. It wasn’t like you two had gone all the way, you never would have let it come so far and neither would he. Baekhyun had kept his promise to you when he had told you that he didn’t want you to rush into things. After all you were younger than him and he wanted you to be completely sure about the next step in your relationship before you would take it. Just the fact that he put your feelings first and he put his own needs aside for yours made your heart clench inside of your chest. Which boy cared enough about a girl these days to do such thing, there weren’t many of them left on this earth. The two of you had locked yourselves up in the bathroom, you knew it wasn’t exactly the most romantic place but at least it had been practical. You had done what you had told him you would do, take care of his little problem down there. Since you were the one who had caused it you felt like you owned him to take care of it. You would have felt bad about if if he had had to fix it himself. Yes, you had seen everything down there, you two had taken it that far. Now, you couldn’t forget about the way he had been your name when you had given him a  and you couldn’t forget about the way you had said his when his fingers had searched their path underneath your , giving you the same kind of pleasure. 

 

There he had pulled you to a stop and you had both returned back to the living room to snuggle up on the couch, you cuddled up against his side. A few heated and passionate kisses had still been exchanged, but it hadn’t let to anything more again. You liked it, how everything was slowly progressing in small steps instead of going all the way in one go and have it over with. It made you feel as if he really wanted you to feel comfortable in this, as if he cared for you and he treated you like the girl he loved. Which was exactly what he had told you right before your brother had opened the door and had bursted into the house and he had started rambling about how amazing his date had been. He had tightly wrapped his arm around your waist and had pulled your back against his firm chest for your last hug of the night. Then he had placed his lips right next to your ear and he had whispered the three small words that had made your heart skip a beat, or two. He had told you that he loved you and you hadn’t been able to think of an any more decent answer than to tell him that you loved him too. The scene had kept you awake for hours that night but now that you had been able to give it some thought you realized that it was the truth. You really did love him, no matter what an annoying child he had been when he had been younger. You had never felt such a strong pull towards a guy before than you felt towards him so you knew it had to be true. You were in love with your brother’s best friend and there was nothing you could still do about that to change it. He had captured his own small spot inside of your heart, had nestled himself there. 

 

“Hey beautiful.” The words made a shiver run down your spine and you were sure if it had been Baekhyun saying them to you, it would have been a pleasant shiver, but now it surely wasn’t. You looked up from your bag to see Jordan leaning against the iron locker next to yours, his hands shoved into the pockets of his jeans while he flashed you a seductive smile. This boy had officially become your biggest irritation, he annoyed the hell out of you and the worst part was that he was probably very much aware of that, but he just wouldn’t give up. It was clear that he didn’t care about Baekhyun’s threat and that he wasn’t planning on leaving you alone. “Shut up and get out of my way.” You muttered in an annoyed voice and you brushed past him while walking through the corridor. You had arranged to meet up with Baekhyun outside and the plan was that the two of you would get some ice cream before he would drive you home. He knew how much you loved ice cream, it was your guilty pleasure and so he also knew that if he used this you would never say no to a date with him. So mean, using your weaknesses in his advantage. Him and ice cream, who would be able to resist? Still, Jordan was walking right beside you as you made your way out of the school and reached the double doors. You took a deep sigh in order to keep in your next mean comment and felt the fresh air penetrate your lungs. What the hell was his problem, couldn’t he tell th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter