Chapter 14

❣ My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s okay ___________, it’s just a nightmare.” When the words finally penetrated your mind you were able to open your eyes and you knew very well that you had never stopped breathing, but that it had just been a dream. It had been years since you have had an allergic reaction, but you weren’t sure if you would forget this again real soon. Feeling like you were suffocating, as if someone was pinching your throat, feeling your lungs beg for oxygen, that surely was the most terrifying feeling in the world. “Please tell me there are no peanuts in the room.” You muttered, feeling Baekhyun’s airy laugh hitting on top of your cheeks before he pecked the tip of your nose and lay back down beside you. “No, there are no peanuts, just you and me.” When he said that it automatically made a smile appear on your face, you liked that thought, of the two of you alone, but together. Before you could say anything he turned around so he was laying on his side, his face only inches away from yours. It was dark inside of your room, but you were still able to see the features of his face, relaxed and smoothed out as he stared at you. You knew that Chanyeol was in the room right next to yours and that if you would make only one suspicious sound that you would no longer be alone, and Baekhyun would no longer be laying beside you, so you made sure to whisper when you spoke to him. “Has he said anything?” You asked and you could see him shrug his shoulders underneath the covers, a smooth movement but something that didn’t go unnoticed. “Nothing more than he’s said to you I guess, that he’s sorry, that he was an idiot and an .” Baekhyun’s voice was just as low as yours, and you loved the small vibrations coming from him as he talked. 

 

A deep sigh left your lips as you rubbed your hands over your face, sleep had completely left you just now and you felt more awake than you had felt all day. “Are you already over your nearly death experience?” He asked in return, bringing up his hands to pull your hand off of your eyes so he could bring it to his lips and kiss it. You watched him carefully, wanting to take in every single detail of him. You still remembered how upset he had been when he had sat next to your hospital bed, you had heard him and Chanyeol argue about the situation until they had jumped on top of each other and the nurses had had to pull them apart. It was quite simple, they were both extremely furious at Jordan for what he had done, but Baekhyun was also angry at your brother, for inviting him in the first place. Then your brother had blamed his friend, telling him that none of this had happened if he hadn’t been stupid enough to fall for his little sister, and Baekhyun had accused him of trying to kill you. Things had gotten out of hand in the blink of an eye and those poor nurses had been lucky a doctor had rushed in and had dragged Chanyeol into the corner of the room because otherwise you hadn’t been the only one in a hospital bed. They had both been panicked about your wellbeing, upset about the fact that a small peanut had almost ended you and even more hurt by what Jordan had done. Instead of fighting each other they would better get together and get back to the real cause of your problems, but instead they decided to both stay stubborn and give each other the harsh shoulder and the silent treatment. It was the first time since you could remember that they got into a fight, at least about something serious that wasn’t solved in a few hours. You felt bad, it pained you to see them walk past each other while trying to pretend as if the other didn’t exist, which was almost impossible since Baekhyun’s cut lip and Chanyeol’s black eye were the living prove that they definitely existed. 

 

“No, are you?” His eyes were scanning your face thoughtfully before he shook his head and placed his hand on your waist, urging you closer. “Definitely not. I swear that from now on I will protect you against every peanut on this earth, even if it kills me.” This was able to make you laugh and you easily rested your forehead against his chest, feeling how he put his chin on top of your crown. You knew that they wouldn’t fight forever and that one day they would get over themselves and would make up. They loved each other too much for that, but you also knew that right now, they both needed some time to move past this. One day you would look back at this whole incident and you would laugh with it, you were sure about that. “Are you all packed?” Baekhyun asked, staring at the suitcase that was standing in the corner of your room, it was bright pink, so even in the dark you were still able to se it gleam. He had asked you to spend the next week of no school with him and his parents, and you had agreed. It would be good for you to be away from all the drama for a little while, even if it was just for a week. Besides, you were tired of moving around on the tips of your toes, trying to please both of the men around you all the time. The only reason why Baekhyun was allowed to sleep in your bed tonight was because you had told Chanyeol that if he would forbid it, you would go to his place instead. You refused to be the victim in all of this, this fight was between the two of them, it didn’t involve your relationship. Out of all the things that could have happened you surely wouldn’t think that this would be the outcome. “Yeah, packed and ready to go. My parents thought it's nice I am going with you but Chanyeol was not so excited.” You confessed, it was always a tricky thing now,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter