Chapter 15

❣ My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is really nice.” Baekhyun muttered next to your ear and you looked up from your glass to peep up at him. The sun was slowly settling behind the trees, throwing a shadow over the people who were standing around the tables. The decorations were wonderful, well then at least you hadn’t worked your off all day for nothing. He was right though, it was indeed really nice, everything was organized, every single detail was taken care off and you were quite proud of how your brother and you had been able to arrange all of this. It was the least you could do though, it wasn’t like your parents had asked you to, but you never said no to a little party. It was their anniversary, married for twenty years, which was kind of a big deal if you could say. These days there were more couples that got divorced than that they got married, so you were proud that your parents were able to stick around with one other for so long. They had deserved this, after taking care of two children and themselves you thought that this was a good pay back. “They seem to enjoy themselves.” You said as you gazed at your parents, seeing how they were talking to some couple you didn’t know. Chanyeol had taken care of the invitation, a very smart plan, if you had had to do that then you would have invited much more people, some who they probably didn’t even know. “Yeah, I’m sure they are very happy with this.” You flashed him a smile, your hand curling around your glass before bringing it towards your lips. Your eyebrows raised playfully when you saw how his eyes wandered towards your mouth but he couldn’t see your smirk because you were sipping your drink. 

 

It had been a month since you and Baekhyun had spend the week with his parents, time was moving so fast. Two months ago you and Baekhyun had started dating, like, he had been your boyfriend for so long, who was able to believe that? You were still as happy in your relationship as you had been at first, you two were still the teasing and snarky people you had always been. Together you formed quite a duo, sometimes you would get in trouble or other times you would just hang around on the couch and do nothing all day. But it was fun and you always had a great time when he was around, he made you happy. Every single bit of doubt you had had left about your relationship had vanished and you knew that this wasn’t just some fling anymore, this was indeed something serious. When you looked at Baekhyun, you saw the man you wanted to spend the rest of your life with, someone you would never get tired of, something like your parents had. The small jewelry around your wrist sparkled in the remaining rays of sunlight, you always wore it, even when you slept. He had given it to you when you had come back home from your trip, it was an incredibly cute bracelet and you loved it. There had never been a guy who had done something like that for you, like buying you gifts and making you feel special. But he did all of it and so much more, without having to try. Slowly your eyes traveled over the backyard, seeing all different people with smiles on their faces. Everyone was chatting with everyone, having a relaxing conversation and sipping from their drinks. Your eyes fell on your brother’s arm, which he had casually wrapped around a girl’s waist. Finally he had introduced her to you, and you had to admit that you liked Rachel, though you would never want to discuss the juicy facts of her relationship with your brother with her. But sometimes you didn't know what to think of her, you just weren't that comfortable around her.

 

There was only one thing that still hadn’t changed, and that was the cold act between the man beside you and the one standing a few feet away. At least they weren’t ignoring each other anymore like they had been doing at first, but things still weren’t back to how they used to be. When Baekhyun came to your place, it was to visit you and not to hang out with his friend. You didn’t mind, but you hated to see that they were trying so hard to stay angry with another while it was clear that they missed each other like hell. Once they used to share everything, now it was just a simple ‘Hi, where’s your sister’ and a small ‘Hey, she’s in her room’. Everything you had gained in your relationship with Baekhyun had gone lacking in theirs. You couldn't help but feel responsible for it in some kind of way and no matter how many times they both assured you that it wasn’t your fault, you couldn’t help it. It was the fact that you had fallen for your brother’s best friend that had complicated things in the first place. You refused to think about how things would have been if you hadn’t fallen for Baekhyun after all, because you didn’t want to imagine that. You didn’t want to change that, your relationship with him was the best thing in your life right now and you didn’t want to give that up. This fight between the two guys wasn’t your business and it wasn’t your responsibility to fix it, but that didn’t mean you didn’t want them to get along again. “You’re sure you’re comfortable with it right? Your brother and Rachel?” Baekhyun said, probably seeing what you had been staring at for a while and you quickly loosened your eyes from the couple so you could look at him. He was looking great tonight, handsome, wearing a nice button up shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. When you had asked him to come he hadn’t once had to think about his answer, he had been more than happy to join you at the party. Your parents had always liked Baekhyun and they were excited about your new relationship, they totally supported you, as long as it wouldn’t cause any drama. 

 

“Yes, I don’t mind. I don’t get why he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter