Chapter 10

❣ My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two of you sat inside of the car together, staring at the house and you were very well aware of the fact that Chanyeol was inside. He would be waiting for the two of you to get back home and the last thing he would expect was the talk he was about to get. If you still wanted to back out of this plan then this was your last turning point, and since you both knew that, you were both still here. Baekhyun let out a deep sigh while he rested the back of his head against the seat of the car, one of his hands was still wrapped around yours and it was laying on top of your lap, warming your skin. You wished that he would never let go and you really weren’t looking forward to being confronted with your brother or the way he would react when he would find out what had been going on behind his back for the past few weeks. The only thing you could do was think about all the possible ways he could react, about all the things he could say or do. What if his friendship with Baekhyun would get ruined, what if he didn’t want you two to be together, what if he would tell Baekhyun to break up with you? Slowly your eyes glided towards the boy beside you and you gave him a careful look. He seemed lost in his own thoughts, probably having the same worries as you at the moment. “Are you sure you don’t want me to be there?” You asked, a little unsure about what to do. He had told you that he wanted to be the one to tell Chanyeol and he had told you to go to your room until they would call you down. You just didn’t want to seem as if you were running away from the hardest part, but you also couldn’t deny that you hated the fact of having to tell him in person. 

 

“Yeah, I feel like I have to do this. I just want to stop sneaking around as if what we’re doing is wrong. We’re not some kind of criminals ___________, we love each other, there is nothing wrong with that.” To that you smiled, nodding at him to let him know that you were thinking the same things about it. He was right, you didn’t have to feel bad about liking Baekhyun or falling for him, it wasn't like it had been your own decision. He had just been there and you had just been dragged down that road, you hadn’t meant to claim your brother’s best friend like this. “What if he doesn’t want us to be together?” It was the thing you feared most, the last thing you wanted was to have to choose between your family and the one you loved, you weren’t sure if you could handle that. Beside you Baekhyun took a deep breath and he seemed a little helpless as he shrugged his shoulders, not sure of what to say. “I don’t know, I can only hope that he won’t say that.” He whispered and you freed your hand out of his so that you could rub them over your face. This entire situation was so messed up and you knew it. Where was the time that none of this had mattered and you had all been fooling around together? Being an adult , and so did falling in love, though the process itself was really nice. “Hey, it’s going to be okay.” He muttered when he noticed your defeated features and you heard how he loosened your seatbelt before laying his arm around your shoulders and pulling you over to him. You hated it that it slipped your mind, that this could as well be the last time he would hold you like this. Before you could stop yourself you wrapped your arms around his neck, snuggling your face into the crook of his neck so that you could take in his smell. 

 

He held you so tightly, it was very assuring, but you weren’t sure if it was supposed to feel like that. “No matter what happens, you’ll have me, okay?” He said and you felt your lips form into a pout at you thought about that. You weren’t sure if you would still be able to be around him if he wouldn’t be your boyfriend anymore. The feelings you had for him had complicated over the past few days, you weren’t sure if you could handle being apart from him anymore. As he placed his hands on your arms he pushed you backwards a little, creating some space in between your faces so that he could look you in the eye. “This is what we wanted, remember? We wanted to come clean, and that’s what we’re going to do.” You wondered who he was trying to convince, him or you, or maybe the both of you. But you found yourself nodding, telling him that he was right. You were tired of hiding your feelings for him, it was time. He cupped the sides of your face, his touch molding against your cheeks which made you lean into him instantly. That was what his nearness did to you, it made you long to be even closer to him, it made you long for all of him. It wouldn’t be fair if something so pure and strong would be taken away from you. “It’s going to be fine.” He whispered once more before he pressed his lips on yours, kissing you. But it was different from other times, this time your kiss felt like he was saying goodbye, as if he was cherishing something he could loose any minute. Desperately you pressed yourself against him, wishing that he would never stop and that you could freeze time. But eventually he broke free and he looked at you with a convincing loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter