Chapter 5

❣ My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s no problem, really. We’re both heading out in the same direction anyway.” Baekhyun muttered, patting his best friend on the shoulder while adding a wink, making it look as if nothing was going on. But you knew better than that, you knew that he wasn’t just here because he wanted to drive you to school, that there were other reasons why he wanted to share a car with you. But the thought that you could spend some time with him alone before the two of you would head to class made your heart flutter in a way that it shouldn’t. You were sitting at the kitchen table, chewing your cereal as the two boys spoke to each other a few steps away from you. Your brother had a playful smile plastered onto his face as he looked at his friend, and he didn’t have any trouble looking back just as cheerful. The scene from the party last night was still burned behind your eyelids, the way he had held you, the way he had kissed you. God, everything about that night had been perfect, to be honest you had never wanted to leave that bathroom. But you both knew that time had had to come, because it was impossible for a night to pass without anyone having to pee. “Besides, she’s going to be stuck with me whole afternoon since she chose running for her sport activity so I’ll take her home as well.” With that your spoon stopped halfway and you almost choked on your milk, couching out loud which made both of the boys turn their heads to look at you. Chanyeol cocked one of his eyebrows at you, giving you a weird glance while Baekhyun looked at you with concern before regaining himself after he noticed that you were fine. 

 

“Are you the one who leads the jogging team?” You asked, pointing your spoon at him in a provoking way, which made both of them chuckle. “Yeah, you got a problem with that?” Baekhyun asked and you shrugged while leaning back in your chair, crossing your arms over your chest. Did you have a problem with that? Well, the last thing you wanted was the guy you were attracted to, to see you dying like a fish without water after being into two minutes of running. No girl was attractive while wearing a sport bra and being covered in sweat, so you didn’t really see the point of why you wanted him there. Maybe you had to do some quick changes about your outfit for this afternoon. When you had given yourself up for this sport activity you hadn’t known who would lead which team, so that you had the luck to be settled up with him was just one big coincidence. Yet, it was the perfect excuse to let Chanyeol believe that it wasn’t a trouble for him to drive you home. With that figured out you jumped up from your chair and grabbed your bowl so that you could place it in the sink. You still had thirty minutes to get ready, Baekhyun was surprisingly early today. “Why did you choose for running anyway? You hate running.” Chanyeol said and when you turned around you saw the both of them staring at you again, waiting for your answer. Jeez, it was so annoying that they had to do everything at the same time, couldn’t they just act like two normal guys for once instead of best friends? “Because it was that or swimming, now way I was going to walk around in school in my bikini.” You muttered, walking towards them so that you could make your way towards your room. You tried your hardest not to blush when you saw the look on Baekhyun’s face, how his eyes secretly scanned your bare legs up and down. He probably wished that you had chosen for swimming instead, so that he could see you in that outfit. 

 

“I’m going to get changed, then we can head off.” You eyed Baekhyun and gave him a sly smile, one you normally gave him when your brother was around. While passing him you patted both of them on the stomach, walking straight in between them so they had to move aside for you. You heard them sniff because of your annoying movement, but neither of them said anything as you made your way up the stairs. It was still fun to irritate them, that would never change no matter what would happen between you and Chanyeol’s friend. They were still the two dorks you had grown up with and just because you saw one of them differently now didn’t change everything. After changing your loose shorts for this afternoon into something a little more provoking you went to get dressed in the bathroom. Since you didn’t want to make it seem as if you were trying something you kept it casual, like you normally did and went for a red top with a leather jacket and some jeans. After brushing your hair and applying a soft lair of make up you hobbled back downstairs, hearing how the two male were deepened in a conversation. With raised eyebrows you leaned against the wall, patiently waiting for one of them to continue so that you could hear what they were talking about. You knew it was bad to eavesdrop, but you couldn’t help yourself. “So, you like her?” Baekhyun asked, his voice slightly filled with concern as he spoke. You wished that you could lean around the corner to see his expression, but you were scared that one of them would catch you. “I don’t know, I just met her.” Chanyeol’s voice was softer, as if he was expecting you to appear any minute and he didn’t want you to hear what they were saying, too bad for him. “Well, are you going to ask her out?” Why hadn’t you noticed anything about your brother liking a girl? It wasn’t like the two of you spoke much about your love life with each other, but you had expected you to figure it out if your brother had a crush. “I guess so, I just want to discuss it with __________ first, to make sure she won’t mind.” 

 

This time your mouth fell agape, and you could feel you heart beating faster inside of your chest. Who was he talking about? Why the hell did he need your permission to ask someone out? “Come on dude! Your sister is chill! She won’t mind that you’re dating someone her age. Besides, what if she would ever fall for someone of your age, it’s the same thing.” Okay, that was something, at least he wasn’t into one of your friends, because that would have been so weird. Not only because it would just be strange to have him falling for someone you knew but also because that would be very accidental, that you were both in love with another’s friend. “Don’t you think she would go of someone her own age?” Chanyeol asked and you held in your breath as you waited for whatever Baekhyun was about to say, but suddenly everything got interrupted as you heard a loud laugh, and it was coming from your brother. “You still like her don't you? Listen mate, I already warned you, I don’t like it when you chase my sister. I care for her, and the last thing I want is for her to end up with a broken heart, given by you. I don’t like the thought of me having to break your face.” The way he said it made it sound like a joke, but you were sure that Baekhyun’s face was just as shocked as yours right now. So they had discussed this before, Baekhyun had already mentioned to your brother before that he was into you. Was that what he had been talking about in the bathroom the other night, when he said that this shouldn’t be happening? “I guess I just…Wanted to know if you still think about it like that.” Baekhyun muttered softly and someone was grabbing their coat because you could hear the sounds coming from the kitchen. 

 

“Look Baek, you’re amazing, really! And I’m sure you’ll treat her well but I just don’t think you’re her type. She’s probably looking for some trained off guy who takes her to the gym every Friday night so that they can secretly have under he shower. The last thing I want is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter