Chapter 1

❣ My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While squeezing your eyes together you tried to focus on the sentences inside of your textbook, but that wasn’t easy with the noise on the background. Even though the door of your room was closed and the boys were sitting downstairs in the living room, you could still hear their excited chants and shouts, which almost made it impossible for you to finish your homework. When Chanyeol had told you that his friend was coming over you hadn’t expected them to turn the house into a zoo, but you knew he liked to take advantage of the situation if your parents were out. While throwing your pen down on top of your cheats you decided to give up and take a break. Maybe you could get back to where you had left off once those two would calm down again. With a soft push you rolled your chair away from your desk, creating a small opening which gave you the opportunity to stand up and stretch your legs. This was how it was most of the times, you were usually in your room, just because you felt more comfortable in your own private place. Your older brother could be quite a pain in the sometimes, and even though he was a year older than you, he still seemed like the child sometimes. Though you couldn’t deny that you were curious about what was going on downstairs and that you were hungry, so you decided that it was time for you to get a snack. Maybe if you would just friendly ask them to lower their voices that they would actually listen to you for once, though you doubted that. On your bare feet and in your pajama shorts and comfy sweater you made your way out of your room and down the stairs, quickly meeting the back of the boy’s heads. They were both sitting on the couch, their backs were facing you as they were absorbed in the video game they were playing. 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been friends ever since you had been old enough to have a memory and they were inseparable. The two had then also been devastated when Baekhyun’s father had decided to switch him towards another school, your school, so that they weren’t able to spend as much time with each other anymore as they used to. Still, it seemed as if during every free moment they had, Baekhyun was here at your home, and they would hang out together. Even though there was only one year of age difference, you didn’t hang out with them that often while they were together. They attempted to be dirty and vulgar around you if they were together, and their manners were no where to be found during those kind of moments. They always made you feel uncomfortable during those times, because after all you were still ‘quite’ innocent. They could act like real high school senior boys during those moments, and you rather avoided that. Without saying anything to them you walked towards the kitchen and opened the fridge, peaking inside to see if there was anything left for you to eat. Slowly you leaned forward, your free hand resting on top of your thigh as your eyes scanned the healthy food inside and you let out a deep sigh. Your mother had something with veggie and healthy things, and she honestly believed that you would turn out to be more successful and polite if the two of you ate healthy food. No matter how many times you had already complained about that, she wouldn’t change her opinion. Your dad just kind of went along with it, since he knew that your mother could have a horrible temper if he contradicted her in those kind of things. 

 

“Finding what you need?” The voice behind you came completely out of nowhere and was so unexpected that you couldn’t do anything else than jump and spin around on the ball of your foot. Baekhyun flashed you his heartbreaking and breathtaking smile as he walked past the counter only to open one of the cabinets and grab a glass. He came here so often that he seemed to live here and he treated this place like his second home, something that annoyed you a little. Your eyebrows met in the middle of your face as you stared at him, studying his movements and he came up to you and took the fridge door from you, his hand brushing playfully against yours in the process. Immediately it seemed as if your skin was catching fire, and the cold airstream that fell on top of your bare legs because of the open fridge was long forgotten. The side of his body leaned against yours as he scanned the inside of the refrigerator for the bottle of water, and when he got it he quickly took it before leaning back as if nothing had happened, he didn’t even look at you. For one reason or another his plain reaction frustrated you and you crossed your arms over your chest, letting the fridge fall close without taking anything out of it. “Do you two seriously have to scream so loud while playing that stupid game? I’m trying to study.” Your eyes were glued onto his form and you watched him as he poured in half a glass, before closing the bottle again. With raised eyebrows his gaze met yours while he brought the glass towards his lips, his tongue past the bottom one before he took a sip. God, how much you wished that you were that glass right now, just so that you could feel those plump lips on you. With that glass inside of his elegant hands he stared at you, a smile flashing over his face. “Oh, but you know that a game is no fun if you can’t let out your frustrations. I mean, you know how important that it right, to let those out from time to time?” He asked, and you could just hear the double meaning behind his question, but you didn't answer him. Instead you sniffed, pushing your nose up into the air before pulling the glass out of his hand and drinking the rest of the water that was still in there. With a provoking look you placed the empty cup down on the counter before flashing him an innocent smile and walking out of the kitchen. 

 

It had been going on like this between the two of you for months now, flirtations going back and forth while none of you two spoke out anything out loud. Who were you to block his teasing comments while you could as well play back, two could play this game. To be honest you had chosen these shorts on purpose and as you made your way towards the couch you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter