Chapter 1.7

And There's You

Still, I would be lying if I said, I didn’t care. She was his ideal type and I don’t like to think that he has someone else on his mind, when he has me-selfish, right? I know. I work very hard to attain and sustain this relationship, very hard. I know from the outside, it may not look like it, but in reality, nothing is fated, pristine, effortless, and just plain adorable. Reality is reality, for everybody, no matter if you have an image to project and protect, or you’re just an “ordinary” nobody-whatever that means. Like I was saying before I went on a tangent, Soo-ah is the definition of a cool girl, as it seems, she doesn’t have to try as hard, she’s just captivating, that I must admit. Well, by now, our orders is coming to the table on huge silver pans. Two waiters set the bowls and plates down on the table in the middle of us. As sweat pours from their pores, the steam from the food swift across our nostrils with delicious aromas, making my mouth water.

As we ate, as if our meal were running out of style, I kept dozing off, with the thought of Cheol and how weird he was acting since last night. The feeling I kept having, was it-aww, man this beef is delicious, hehe sorry, I keep interrupting my own thoughts, but yeah, is it just intuition caused by the weird vibe I keep receiving from our conversations or am I just worried that he’s been in Daegu for a couple of days, free, without me, and plenty of room to be smitten by the likes of Soo-ah.

We arrived at the dorm, stuffed and ready to doze off to dreamland. We couldn’t hurry out of the vans fast enough. I felt like I was going to drop. So exhausted.As I entered the doorway, a sudden atmospheric change happened, and my heart pulse raised. I knew that feeling, but what a silly feeling it was, to be so keen on the fact that Cheol was back. I don’t know what it was I sensed. Maybe it was his scent or odor from his shoes, who knows. Whatever it is, I could sense him whenever he was near, and it felt like a dopamine rush of pure excitement. Geez, what an embarrassing thing to say. Please don’t read any deeper into my nonsense. Well, I didn’t say anything, I just took my shoes off and tried to walk quickly to our room. Chances are, he wasn’t there, instead, he was in the living room playing video games. I’m not ready to see him. Before I could make it to the room door, I heard loud voices filled with excitement. “Yo! Coups. Cheol,” and other greetings. I opened the room door gently and walked in. I stood in front of the door for a few seconds, then walked towards my draw to get my a change of clothes and other stuff to take a bath. While I was doing that, I heard my name being called, “Jeonghan!” It was Seungkwan voice though. I didn’t answer. I got to the bathroom and was preparing to take a bath when I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I opened it a crack and saw Mingyu at the door. “Hm?” I said automatically. “Oh, um, I need to- sorry, I’ll use the other bathroom,” Mingyu quickly said. “Oh, Okay, I’m about to take a bath.” When he left, I walked to the shower. I guess I will be taking a quick shower then.

After my nice hot, relaxing shower, I went back to the room and saw Mingyu lying on his bed with his feet on the floor. He was on his phone, but glanced at me, when I walked in. I yawned and stretched my arms in the air, wiggling my fingers. “I am sooo tired.”

“Me too, I don’t know if I even want to take a bath,” He said, his attention on me. “Well, you should, it will help you sleep better,” I said, leaving out the fact that the idea of sleeping after practice without washing yourself was gross, but I’m sure the look I give him, sent the message. He pursed his lips and made a whining sound, before lifting himself up and stretching. “See you when I see you, big baby,” I said smirking. “ Okay, Umma,” he said in a sarcastic tone. “Watch your tone,” I said going up the stairs of the bunk bed we shared. “Okay Umma,” he repeated in a more “cuter” tone. I didn’t even respond until he left and I was lying down. “Gwiyeowo (cute), giyeowoyo (so cute)” I said, smiling.

“Aju Gwiyeowo (Very Cute)” instantly my eyes widen at the sound of a voice that said this.

“Cheol?”