Chapter 2.5

And There's You

Okay so, there's nothing that burns my soul more than doing something again. Argh! I worte alot on Google Doc, it didn't save a whole paragraph!!!!! I'm so done right now. But anyways, hello friends. I missed you even though you don't missed me 😢 but well I guess I'll write that WHOLE PARAGRAPH AGAIN. I'm not an excuse person, so yeah, sorry for not updating in months. Love me and I'll love you More 😘

 

 

°

It's 10:43 in the morning and Cheol and I is sitting in an old Diner, across from each other, silently looking at the menu for what seems like hours although we came in and sat down maybe 15 minutes ago. As soon as I woke up, he drag...insisted we go to this Diner ran by a old lady and her son. His face never leaves the menu booklet.

“So where do we go from here?” I said, breaking the silence as I peeked from my menu

“What do you mean?” he asked, never breaking contact from the menu.

“Well... I just feel like you want to ask me something but then, you keep beating around the bush. I just feel like I'm.., this tension, like I feel anxious, because I can sense that something is wrong but...nothing's being said, Soo…” I spoke  questionably with my menu down and my eyes focused on the table top.

“Hm…,” he said looking away from the menu, staring dazedly at the table across from our's. Silence attempted to linger for a moment before I interrupted,

“Say something, Cheol. You brought me out here, this early in the morning and so far we're just starting at our menus.” This time I was looking straight at him, most likely garing.

“I will-I’m going too.”

“Do you want to break up?”

“What?” He said suddenly alert and now head raise and looking at me.” I didn't flinch.

“ Well what else could this be, to be so urgent?” I said with a sullen tone, probably burning a hole in his forehead.   

“Tsk, you can be so harsh sometimes,” he said looking at the the lamented menu now lying flat.

“Cheol...CHEOL, don't.”

“Don't what?” His tone raising in slight irritation.

“Cheol what do you want to tell me? You've never acted so sheepishly before. You're pretty objective and opinionated. Never once have you held back on telling me “how it is” so don't start now.” I was speaking so sternly, that I was taken back little, but I did not waiver.

 

He sighs deeply before looking into my eyes. “Jeonghan, remember when Dooyon left and I was pretty upset about that, amongst other situations that was waring me out. Everyone knew, but didn't say anything. They all walked around me like I had broken glass scattered all around me. I almost give up on everything…, everything. I never give up on anything, he said smirking, eyelid slightly open, brows closely knit, as he continues, with such solemnity, that I dare to interrupt. ...And then, there was you. There to save me, for all I was worth, you just suddenly told the inisitive, to be by my side, when I needed someone the most. I still can't  explain to you, how I feel, I'm not good at expressing myself, let alone my feelings, so..I end up cave into my thoughts. You were so determine to see me happy again. You never once give up on me, never sway, regardless of my crazy antics,” he sighed softly, after the long thought he uttered. Then finally a soft, faint smile crept up on his lips, “for all I'm worth, I can't give up on you.  

Like damnnnn, like well, god damnnnn. I'm sorry but my heart did not flutter like in a fluffy drama. My pulse paused  for a second,  my breath  halted, my body became stone cold. That sentence was like a confession of the deepest love one could confess. I mean like what book do you have to read to cop that?

“...C-cheol... ummm so, what do you want to eat since you looking like a meal?” I asked softly, with my face heating up. I pick up my large container of ice tea and sipped on the straw for a while, unable to formulate words properly in my head.

He smirks at my fumbling.

Stop smirking like that

“Well, the Ginger tea with freshly squeeze lemon juice is really good and the fresh baked bagels with melted cheese on top with homemade cream cheese is a must try.”

I snicker a little, “whoa Anthony bourdain, I'm melting just thinking about it.”

“You watch the food channel too?” He asked, with a slight expression of interest showing.

“No he’s on CNN,” I said

“Oh.”

“Maybe you saw him on a Food channel, hn?” I reply with my palm now resting on my chin. Looking tiredly at him.

“Probably,” he said raising his hand to order. “So what are you getting?”

“ You already told me what I'm going to order,” I said teasingly.

“Oh, okay. I’m not getting that though, I just wanted you to try it, incase you think we can share,” he said looking in the direction of the witress, who was heading towards our table.” Good thing he was, 'cause I was wearing a sour expression currently. “Cheapo,” I whisper.

“I'm not cheap, I'm just telling you how it is.”

“What-ta-what, you heard me? That was barely audible.”

“ Well we're sitting pretty close sooo,

I mean you already know I have good hearing,” he smirked proudly.

Tsk “sure, only when it benefits you,” u said throwing him a quick glance.

“Yeah but like, isn't that everyone,” he said now looking at me, unaware of the pretty witress he has been low-key eyeing. I'm going to act like I don't care, what harm is there anyways.

“Hey sorry for interrupting, but how are you guys doing this morning?” She said with the upmost perkiness.

Great as aways beau-(clears throat)-beauticful

“Morning Cheolie,” she said fluanting her 17 carat smile.

Okay so, frist of all, I'm invisible, secondly, both of them are shameless to the highest degree and lastly, whyyyyyy am I here, this early, just to get pissed at the high level insult being shown to me by this shameless goat. Now if it was me, he'd be acting up a scene in here. But no, since I'm not that jelious and mad petty, I'll let the compliment and bold flirting in front of my salad slide.

Meanwhile back to earth, the orders had already been made and I was too caught up in my disgust to watch the rest of the interaction between shameless goat and thirsty hoe. I don't condon using such a word towards anyone, but I will let this one slide.

 

The food was amazing, worth my bank account. The old lady who owns the diner, greeted us. She told us that she plays our songs in the diner in the afternoon. Cheol was beaming with joy, I smiled shyly and stood up to give her, a very ackward hug • no other way to describe it.  After that I offered to pay for the meal, which left Cheol looking offended as usual, but then when we got to the counter to pay, I put my hand in the back of his Jean pocket to take out his wallet, earning us a few sly glances  and miss beau-a clear view to ponder on for the rest of her day, maybe lifetime. I acted cuter then I already was when Cheol threw a heated glare at me.  

°

"Can I take your order Cheolie?" I said mockingly in the most girlish pitch I could use, as I went to order hot chocolate for everyone since it was kinda cold at the rest stop we were at.