Chapter 1.6

And There's You

When I got back to the practice room, everyone was resting and conversing with each other. Suddenly Seungkwan said out loud, “Coups Hyung, when are you returning!?” I couldn’t help but grin. “You sound like you’re missing your dad?” I said walking towards the back.“Aish, sometimes, it's hard to tell the difference,” he said mockingly. Dino chimes in, imitating Coups voice, “ Seungkwan, where are you?”

“Yes, Hyung,” he answered jokingly

“You're supposed to be at practice, right?” Dino continue

“Yes, Hyung, I’m almost there”

“You shouldn’t be almost, you should be here already.”

“Sorry, Hyung”

“Just because I'm the leader, doesn't mean I should have to keep checking on you, right?”

“Yes, sir!”Seungkwan said loud and jokingly as he saluted. He and Dino are too much into their own world.

“That's why he's a great leader, Mr. Reverse charm,” Mingyu said smiling.

His reversible charm is no joke though, I thought. It's like 6 personalities with their own off and on switches. One for every situation. Sometimes he is a Sergeant General, strict and unforgiving, than the rude boy, with no filter or consideration for anyone but his own feelings, Mr. Petty, who holds grudges for eternity, a little child, who complains, acts naughty and silly, a clingy puppy, with passionate love and hugs for everyone, and an overall beagle. So extra and dynamic.  I mean I'm crazy, but his craziness is on spiritual levels.  Maybe it's a Leo thing. Carats seem to love it. I guess I'm drawn to it, maybe.

“ Well since we’re done for the day, we should go back to the dorm, right?” I asked

The whole room roar, “Yes!”

“Well, I’m kinda hungry,” Hoshi said rubbing his belly

Seungkwan quickly glance at him and said in a snarky  tone,“I thought you were on a diet?”

Hoshi grins widely with eyes narrow at Seungkwan as he spoke, “yeah. It’s called a see food diet”

Wonwoo burst out with a “ha! Ha-ha, see food diet”

Hoshi smiled shaking his head side to side

Wonwoo smirked, “good one.”

“L-O-L dat so funnie,” Seungkwan said sarcastically in his Engrish.

“Ha!” Wonwoo burst out again and Hansol had a wide smirk on his face.

“Well, we could just get something to eat, we’re all probably very hungry,” I said quickly butting in and trying to dissolve the pointlessness of the argument.  

“Umma,  can you cook something for us?” Seungkwan asked, jokingly, I think?

“Don't worry, not only will I cook a 5-course dinner, but then I will wash your laundry and fold it retail style,” I reply while smiling.  Everyone burst out in laughter. Jihoon was laughing so hard, he started clapping, then he said, “DEAD”

 

°

After we got outside, I was chosen to speak to our managers about us wanting to eat out. That was very nerve-wracking, because we usually ask Cheol to do it and then give him our orders, but since I was the second oldest, I had to take on the duty. On the way to the restaurant,  I decided to take a nap, but someone decided to put on the radio volume loud and Closer by the Chainsmokers was on. There is a beat that repeats loudly and while I was trying to take a nap, Hansol, Wonwoo, Mingyu and Joshua was getting hype to this song. “We ain't never getting older!” Kill me now, I thought as I put my earphones in my ear. While I was trying to NAP, I got a text message, which means I have to open my eyes. It was my friend In-Jung. He wanted to know if I was free on Sunday, so we could meet up and hang out. So I replied back, I'll see. I wanted to close my eyes, but realize that we were parking. We arrived at our regular restaurant. As we were all getting out, the thought immediately entered my mind, Korean beef, umm, I’m curving some grilled beef with kimchi stew and steaming rice. Yeah, that and a hot pot and then finish off with a cold Meakju. Maybe I should save the Meakju for when I’m with Cheol. I think he said something about going out tonight, right?

 

We gathered around a long wooden table and sat on floor chairs with cushions. A few moments later, the waitress came to the table to put tea cups down and two large silver teapots. Hoshi, Hansol, Wonwoo, Josh and I, poured ourselves a cup of tea and the rest were busy looking at the menu, as always. The green tea is tasteless as always and scorching hot, but I guess it’s to clear your palettes. Anyways, I already have in mind what I want to eat. While a few of us were sipping on our tasteless tea, the smiling waitress with the long silky espresso colored hair came back to our table. Her name is Soo-ah. She has a smooth sun-kissed complexion and alluring big brown eyes. I would be lying if my heart didn’t skip a beat the first time I saw her. She could be a model or an actress, just stunning, but even her beauty didn’t do me in, as far as to describe her in such fashion.


It was the fact that the moment she walked in, Cheol’s eyes lit up as his pupils dilated, he partially couldn’t help himself from glancing at her. He looked at the way she would tuck her loose strands of hair behind her ear, so gently, or when she would ask us for our order and then smile and comb her long front bangs back with her fingers. She just seemed so cool and graceful with everything she did and Cheol was smitten. I wasn’t bothered, why would I be? It's not like anything would ever progress from a little crush, for a girl who was unattainable. Unattainable, not because he wasn’t confident enough to believe she could be his, but because, he is an idol, he is a leader of a group and because he is responsible to a certain extent.