Chapter 2.2

And There's You

°

“Cheol! Cheol!!” as I cried out his name in a voice that I never knew I had, I felt my heart beating wildly. Then everything becomes a blur around me and as I looked up at the ceiling, a bright light shone, glaring my sight. Before I knew it, my eyes were wide opened, dilated and shaking from the lit room. Cheol name was still a murmur on my lips, then suddenly, I realized that a blurred figure hung over me, who was glued to my bed. I grasped, completely petrified, as I closed my eyes shut. Then I heard my name from a soft and familiar voice.

“Jeonghan…” he spoke calmly, but concerned

I opened my eyes slowly, to allow the figure to come in focus. Still squinting from the brightly lit room.

“...are you okay? You’re sweating,” then he places his hand on my forehead. “your skin is very hot, you look really flushed.”

“...Shua?”

“Umm?” he respond softly, with a very concerned expression

“...”

“Jeonghan, you were having a nightmare, right? I heard you talking to yourself when I was walking past your door to use the bathroom. I came in and heard you calling Coups name and shaking. I was really scared-”

“Oh…, I see. It..so it was just a dream.” I said faintly, my eyelids feeling heavy.

“Yeah, it’s already noon, you were still sleeping. Are you okay?”

“Uhm-hmm, it’s just a dream...right?” I said turning my head to the left side of my pillow. Joshua who was leaning over me, supported by the bunk's stairs, went down a step to straighten up. I felt him staring at me, worries set on his face and probably in his thoughts. I’ve had a moment like this, happen a few times before, but Cheol would wake me up in the middle of the night, to go outside and catch fresh air. Other times, he would get a glass of water for me, and message my temple until I fell back to sleep. This time, the dream came suddenly, probably after another dream, and maybe Cheol was not aware of my struggles. This one was the worst I’ve had, since the night before our Pretty U comeback stage. As I began to doze off to sleep, I felt Joshua’s hand tapping my shoulders. I didn’t respond. I couldn’t. I felt too drained to make any movement.

“Jeonghannie, you need to wake up and get ready. It’s already noon, I know you must feel hungry.”

“I feel really exhausted, Shua.”

“I know, but continuing to sleep the whole day, is not going to look good.” he spoke in a bright tone, as he began to my arm.

“Hmmm...yes...you’re right...so true,” I said with my eyes still closed and my body unmoved.

“Jeong-”

“You go, I’ll be out in a few. Let me collect my soul first. I think it left my body.”

“heh! ” he gives a short laugh. I felt his lips grinning at my nonsense. “ okay, I give you a few minutes to collect yourself. After that, no mercy,” he spoke in a teasing, gleeful tone of voice.”

“Yah-yah, I know,” I said, cautiously lifting my head.

After Joshua left the room, I lied there staring at the ceiling for a brief moment, before letting out a deep sigh. I turned to my right and looked down across the room at Cheol's bed, wondering if he heard me and where he was.  I suddenly thought of texting him, since my phone was somewhere hidden in my blanket. Instead, I tried to lift my body up to get ready for the day. I rested in an oddly lifted position with my head hung, staring at my bed sheet as my black hair hung a little above my shoulders. I yawn and twisted to get off my bed.

 

It was 12:47 by the time I had gotten up. I brushed my teeth, took a bath and wore a white hoodie and black sweats. I took my Nike sneakers with me to the living room, where I saw Dino, Mingyu and Jun on the couch watching TV, while Jun was focusing on his phone. I went over to tell them hello and took a few pieces of the spicy shrimp chips Mingyu was munching on.

“Hyung, where are you going? Hmmm’ he pouts ‘I guess you don't want to hang out with us.”

Heeeh,’ I snicker while grinning widely 'that’s not true. I'm meeting with my friend. He asked me yesterday.” Well, In-Sung and I was supposed to hang out on Sunday, but well, unless we're practicing or I have an important appointment, I'd like to chill with my friends.

“Oh, where’s Josh? I asked finally realizing, we had just spoken.

“Ummm, I think Joshua Hyung went somewhere. He said he’ll be back in a few minutes,” Dino answered.

“Whoa, he couldn’t wait for me. Hphm. Well, Dino-ya, did you finish your school assignment you were working on?”

“Yes Hyung,” he said smiling at me. “I finished it yesterday morning.”

“ Oh, that's good to hear,” I said while munching on the spicy shrimp chips.

Eomma, what about me?” Mingyu said sarcastically, pouting.

“What about you?” I asked with a flat expression.

Eommmmma” he said in a whining tone.  All the while, Jun was grinning, enjoying the ridiculous conversation going on.

“Well, see you guys later.” I walked to the door and put my Nike’s on, waving at them goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notes 

oh my gosh, I feel so bad. I haven't updated in what felt like forever. I'm currently preparing for an important event, which is making me unreal busy. Plus I have way too much school assignments. But enough excuses, I hope everyone enjoys this story. I will try my best to update consistently.

*Peace and Love

-Mia