Chapter 1.4

And There's You

°

2:27 pm

I waited as the phone rang, it kept ringing and then when it seemed that the line was answered, I spoke

"Hello?"

There was no reply. "Cheollie, can you hear me?" but no reply and then it hung up.

"What-what's this?"

As I spoke with slow anger rising inside me, the phone started to ring, but I didn't feel like answering it. Since we’re on some petty bull, we can both stay inside it.  The phone kept ringing until I swiped answer. I waited for his voice.

"Hello?"

My eye twitches and I inhaled. "Mister exclusive, you finally decided to talk to me, I'm feeling honored"

"Sorry," was all he replied

"...what kind of nonsense you on though?"

"I was packing my stuff, so I'm sorry." He replied in a tired, low tone

"Unnnn, well how's your day..., so far?"

"Well, what's a day without you?"

"..."

What the hell is what I was wondering, but I simply responded,

"Are you reading?"

"No, I'm just missing you," I could sense a smile on his face. So I smiled too, unconsciously.  

"Is practice over?"

"No, I'm just taking a break."

"-and instead of resting, you decided to call me?"

"What, you don't like listening to my voice that much?"

"No. .......I don't like listening to your voice, without seeing your face."

"Ya! How can you say that with a straight face-"

"-because I mean it."

"You're so stupid."

"Stupid in love"

"-what--you, what kind of book are you reading, ‘cause you’re sounding stupid, right now."

" How?" He said probably smiling that stupid smile of his.

"How?!" I chuckle a little. " You better start making sense, or this conversation is gonna be over."

"Well, let's go out for a drink tonight, okay?"

"Ummm, sure. That means you're going to be home today, right?"

"No," then he pauses and waited for a surprise reaction. We know each other too well, but I really didn't react.

"No, I'm coming home today," then he started laughing.

"This whole conversation has been stupid from the beginning."

"Let's love stupidly from now on, because-"

I grin, "because of what?"

"-because I love pork cutlets," then he burst out in laughter. I was just grinning listening to his stupidity.  

"Well, I guess I'll see you soon," I said as I continued to grin.

"I guess."

"Should I hang up then?"

"Should you?" He ask

"So being in Daegu for a while has made you a cheeky boy, huh."

"I'm not giving you cheek. I asked you because your decision is your decision."

"So now you're a philosopher?!"

"Am I?"

"Heh-heh-heh, you're really dumb."

"Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb" he started singing Red Velvet song.

"Please stop singing."

"Okay, I’ll let you go back to practice- over"

"Over? What, are you drank, kid? You've been acting drank since I started- we started talking."

"Heh-yes I'm drunken love."