Chapter 7

Hacked
Chapter 7
 
 
 A few weeks have passed and each day, the harassment gets worse. At first, Mina and her group just started calling me names and people started talking about me but, I was able to ignore it so, I was fine. Then, it slowly got worse.

 

“Ya, , how did the feel like when you did it with Chongshik and Jaekwang?” a classmate snickered as she high-fived her friend for her ‘amazing burn.’ This was one of the rumors that Mina and her little spawn of satan's came up with adding on to the website and, now a new hate page for me on Instagram.

 

Honestly, this was such a shallow move. Only low lives would do something like this and this clearly shows the lowlife they are. At least I still have my friends to support me… right?

 

“Hey, Yoora! Let’s go grab lunch!” I giggled as I intertwined our arms together.

 

“Umm, it’s cool. I can’t have lunch today. Sorry… the teacher called me to talk with him.” She refused, releasing her arm from mine.

 

“Oh, okay then, next time k?” I insisted.

 

“Yup! next time,” she smiled.

 

At least I have my friends… or so I thought...

 

I was walking over to Haneul, trying to surprise her from behind when I saw she was talking to Haewon and Yoora.

 

“We really can’t be around her.” Haneul sternly said. “We just can’t.”

 

“I know we can’t! It’s just… we’ve been together for the past 2-3 years and I just can’t let our friendship go just like that!” Yoora snapped.

 

I was going to go over to them when I heard, “You know that we can’t! You never know what Mina will do next to Minji.” Haewon sniffled. “I just- I just don’t know what to do. I just want her to be safe and I want to be there for her but, I can’t. I’m afraid they’ll do worse things to her.” She started crying. Haewon started crying. She isn’t the type of person to cry over things but seeing her cry… it really does hurt me.

 

“I know it hurts, Haewon. But, the only thing we can do now is to leave her. We can’t be there for her or worse is to come.” Haneul explained softly trying to calm the other two down.

 

What the . They can't just leave me alone, right? They’re my best friends and they would never do that… right?

 

I ran as fast as I can, accidentally knocking into someone who was walking down the hall.

 

“Watch it, .” she screamed as I ran further from my ‘friends’.

 

They looked back and saw me running away but, they didn’t do anything. They simply stood there, watching me run, with pained expressions on their faces. I ran and ran till no one was in sight as tears started to run down my face.

 

No, this can’t be happening again. No. I thought as I leaned against one of the lockers.

 

“Well, well. Look who we have here.” Mina smirked as she made her way towards me. “If it isn’t the .”

 

“Did you enjoy the you had with Chongshik and Jaekwang? Was great, wasn’t it? You probably enjoyed it” Seohyun provoked me, as the other two started laughing at my misery.

 

“What the do you want?” I choked out, tears threatening flow down my cheeks yet again.

 

“What do we want? Didn’t I tell you what we want?” Mina scoffed as she looked down at her nails. “I told you didn’t I? Hack Jeon Jungkook’s phone. As his girlfriend, I have the right to know about his personal information” she muttered as she finally looked me in the eye.

 

“And, I told you, it’s invading his privacy and I can’t do that!” I screamed. By this point, my anger was beyond the boiling point.

 

“Fine then. Do what you want. What happened in Middle school will happen again. You wait and see. Oh wait, it’ll be harsher that it was in Middle school, knowing that you probably didn’t have enough of it that time.” She spat as she walked past me, purposely knocking me on the lockers as she walked by. “You Just wait,” She walked off.

 

What happened in middle school will happen again, and this time, it’ll be harder for you. Those words just kept replaying in my mind. What does she mean… my heart is telling me that, It has already started. I then started to remember, my Middle School life again. My best and worst memories.

 

MIDDLE SCHOOL YEARS

 

“Mina! Wait for me!” I sang as I ran towards her.

 

“You’re so slow Minji!” She teased me.

 

“So? That doesn’t matter” I smiled as we walked together to the cafeteria. “This year is starting off well huh? We’re in the same class again!” I chirped as we were eating our lunches

 

“Yep! It’s gonna be so fun!” She replied.

 

As days passed, Mina and I started to slowly drift from each other. I would ask her to go get lunch with me and her response would always be, “Sorry, I already promised Yujin that I would eat with her and her friends today”. Yujin was one of my classmates who was considered ‘popular’. Her group of friends is the type where they pick friends with who they think are pretty enough to be in the group. Basically, she chooses friends based on their appearance.

 

Time went on, and I still kept trying to be with Mina since you know, Mina is my one and only childhood friend. She’s been there for me since we were still crawling and drooling! She was my best friend and we would always do things together. That was till, that day when I asked her to go home together.

 

“Um. No, it's okay. You can go alone anyway, it's not like you’re still a baby who has to go with someone else. Just go alone.” She coldly said to me. Honestly, this was the start of it all.

 

Slowly, as I approached Mina more and more, she just turned her back on me more and more. As I tried to talk to her more, the more she would ignore me. Of course, the anti-social person I am didn’t get the hint since I never tried making other friends and always stuck to Mina like my life depended on it. But It was all gone to waste.

 

“Minji! Stop following me! I don’t get why you always follow me okay? Can you just like STOP! It’s so damn annoying!” She screamed at me as I was going to go and ask her if she wanted to get lunch together.

 

“But… I didn’t do anything… I’m just trying to talk to you, that's all,” I stammered, playing with my fingers as I look down.

 

“Can’t you see? I don’t want to be with you anymore! Why can’t you see that? What will Yujin say if she saw me with a pathetic person like you? I can’t lose our friendship,” She harshly said.

 

“But you’re willing to lose OUR friendship?” I muttered, still looking down as tears started running down my face. “I’m not giving up. I’m not going to loose my childhood friend“. I was just being a persistent prick and in the end, That didn’t end up good for me at all.

 

“Can’t you just leave Mina alone? You can see right or maybe not cause if you can, then you’ll clearly see how much Mina hates you and wants you to leave you alone.” Yujin informed as she walked away with her ‘group’.

 

“Leave me alone, Minji. I don’t want to be with you anymore. I don’t care about you. Leave me alone. We’re not friends anymore. Get that in your hard headed brain.” She left me there, crying like there was no tomorrow.

 

The next day was even more painful. She didn’t even look my way, it was as if we were never friends in the first place. Not only that but, they started to bully me as well. Although it was not that harsh since it was the first year of middle school but, it hurt me. My ex-best friend there, watching me being bullied by her ‘new best friends’ and even joining in sometimes. I just, I just can’t take it anymore.

 

I tried everything and finally, I’m able to convince my parents to transfer me to a new school. I was so happy, it was a fresh start for me. I told myself, this time I am NOT going to stick to that one person. I will not be attached to someone. That’s when I met Haneul, Yoora, and Haewon who helped me get out of my comfort zone and were there for me. They were the best I could ask for and I was so grateful for them.

 

The second year of Middle school is when I really started getting into developing programs and games. I was always interested and I tried my best to learn as much as I can, and I was successful with it too. I had a website for the developed games I made and soon, a game developer from ‘Steam’ asked me to collab with him and we made a game together. Of course, this caused me to get recognition in the ‘gaming world’ but also I decided to create youtube video’s and because of my ‘recognition’ people started to watch my videos and more people started watching it too. This was one of the best moments in life. My parents and my brother were happy o me this time, knowing that I had a bad past in my old school, they were happy that I was finally happy with life. Well, of course, it started crumbling down as I entered High School.

 

I met her again. My ex-best friend. Of course, remembering what she did to me, I ignored her throughout the first term and she got herself her own minions. Not only that, but she also started to be all ‘buddy-buddy’ with me again, pretending as if what happened 3 years ago didn’t happen at all.




Tsk. Don’t give into her Minji. Don’t do it. I said to myself as I wiped a tear from my eye.

 
Author's Notes
minji's past have been revealed!! this one's a long chapterr :))
0Y0Lz4y.gif