It's Time

Into You

Krystal was so glad she hadn't made such a hasty decision all those years ago. She stood on the steps of an ancient bit of architecture in Milan for one of her most prestigious photoshoots to date. It had been amazing to tour with Amber two years ago as they'd wrapped of their lives as idols, said goodbye to the fans, and held hands and cried knowing the four of them wouldn't have an excuse to get together again aside from their abiding friendship. It had been an emotional moment and Amber had held her as they stood together and Luna had guessed what was between them and Victoria had simply nodded. Amber had kissed her on the cheek, hugged the other members, then flown back off to Los Angelos. She'd been gone for half a year that time and if Krystal had been in the same place she'd been the first year they'd started dating, she would have ended it. 

But they were more solid. She was more solid. 

Krystal took the heavy wool coat from her shoulders and passed it to one of her dressers as she bowed off the set to head back to her hotel room. She'd been in so many hotels over the years.

Do you ever think of settling down?

Her mom asked her the question quite frequently how that she was nearly thirty. Her dad would just sigh about how the only kids Jessica would give them were new clothing designs while their youngest would only deliver them new photoshoots each month.

Back in her hotel, she tugged off her clothes and went immediately to the shower. Sighing as the water hit her like a gentle massage. 

Settle down...

Did Krystal want that?

Did Amber want that?

In all the years they'd been together, they'd never discussed the end goal. Marriage? Kids? A house they lived in together rather than meeting at each other's apartments and various hotels around the world? 

They'd been apart together so long, she didn't even know what it would look like for them to be together together. 

She imagined waking up to Amber every morning rather than a few times a year, scheduling their days around one another...

Krystal got out of the shower and just laid on the bed in her towel, not feeling like moisturizing or getting dressed or drying her hair. She pulled her phone out of her purse and dialed face time. 

Her girlfriend immediately appeared. Looked like she'd also just taken a shower. She looked so good. 

"Hi," Krystal said, a smile automatically coming to her face. 

"Hello, my precious," Amber hissed over the phone, making Krystal grimace as she put her eye extremely close to the camera. "You look wetsus, my precious." 

Krystal covered , trying not to laugh and encourage Amber's nonsense. "I called because I missed you. Now I don't think I do anymore. I'm hanging up." 

Amber sighed and brushed the damp hair off her forehead. "You're no fun. Move the towel so I can see ." 

Krystal rolled her eyes. "You only get to see these in real life or not at all, you know that." 

"Even if I pout?" 

"Even then."

"What if I show you mine? I got something special tattooed on one of them." 

"I thought you said you were done with tattoos!" Her girlfriend already had two full sleeves and the top part of her back done. Krystal though the tattoos were y, of course, but she wanted to be able to see her girlfriend's skin too. And her ?!

"You're mad..." Amber stated.

"Yes, I'm mad!" Krystal huffed. "We agreed. No you've got someone else out here touching your !" 

"Erm...it's a really small tattoo so they didn't touch it for long, and only the bottom. When I stand up, you can't even see it."

Although Amber was being flippant, Krystal could see the genuine concern in her eyes and tried to hold back her anger a bit. "We'll talk about it when we see each other again. When will that be?" she asked. 

Amber reached over to her desk and pulled out one of her notebooks. She looked over it carefully. "Next month," she said slowly. "Hmm and there's been something I wanted to talk to you about." 

"What is it?" 

An interruption happened on Amber's side before she could answer. One of her pretty friends in Los Angelos barrelled into the room and threw her arm around Amber's neck in that familiar way all of Amber's friends had. And while Krystal could control her temper, the jealousy had never gone away. She knew she could trust her girlfriend, but it didn't mean she liked seeing someone else all over her. 

"Come on, we need to finish filming. I've got a dinner scheduled in half an hour!" The girl said. 

"I've got to go. You look beautiful, my precious," she said with soft eyes before leaning forward to kiss her camera. "I love you." 

Some of her jealousy fell away. She looked into her girlfriend's eyes and knew that when they were together again, she wouldn't let her fly off without her. Not one more month. Not one more year. 

"I'm planning to finally get a hold on you," she said.

"What's with that evil grin? I feel a little scared, Krys." 

"You'll find out next month. I love you." 

"Bye," Amber kissed the camera again, then clicked off.

Krystal held her phone to her chest and wondered what sort of ring would suit Amber. Something simple and not too sparkly and delicate. Or maybe Amber wanted to propose. What did she want to talk to Krystal about? Krystal imagined the type of ring Amber might pick out for her and hoped she would maybe get Jessica's advice if she wanted to buy her something. It would need to suit her everyday style, plus the fancier clothing she needed to wear to events. 

She squealed, rolling over in her hotel bed. It was time. It was now or never. She didn't want one more year in limbo. She wanted Amber. That was no mystery. Now she just had to find out if, after six years, they were finally on the same page, ready to write a story together rather than two separate books with a few shared chapters. 


"What are you thinking about?" Amber's friend asked. She'd spotted her alone on the balcony while everyone else partied inside.

"Krystal," Amber said simply.

"Yeah?" 

"We've been dating so long and nothing's changed. I want...I want something different now." 

"What do you mean?" she asked, touching Amber lightly on the arm. 

Amber gripped the railing holding her on the balcony. "I don't want to be her girlfriend anymore."