Green-Eyed Monster

Into You

"You're only gonna end up hurt in the end," Jessica said in a warning tone, passing Krystal a pair of silver heels. "Put these on, they look better with that dress." 

Krystal did so, keeping her lips pinched. Ever since she'd confessed to Jessica that she and Amber were kind of sort of in a relationship, Jessica had been doing nothing but pointing out all the bad things about it; no promises of commitment or monogamy. What if Amber went off and did all the things she was doing with Krystal with someone else? Wouldn't it feel like cheating? Wouldn't Krystal be jealous? 

"I can handle it," she muttered, throwing a jacket on over her dress. "I'll be fine." 

Jessica put her hands on her hips and looked at her little sister sternly. "Krystal..." 

"Please," Krystal. She pressed her palms together and looked at her sister with large eyes. "I really like her and I want to be with her, so just let me be with her in peace, please?" 

"If she hurts you-" 

"She won't," Krystal said.  At least not on purpose...

"But if she does, I'll kick her ," Jessica promised. 

Her little sister couldn't help but laugh. Tiny Jessica up against Amber? No way? Jessica would lose for sure, although Amber wasn't really the type to fight.

"I'm sure you will," Krystal said, hugging her sister and kissing her on the cheek. "I probably won't be back tonight."

"Please make sure to be wary of paparazzi. If they think you and Amber-"

Krystal smirked over her shoulder. "The beauty of seeing another girl is that everyone is willing to believe you're just friends." 


Krystal chewed on her bottom lip, then nervously knocked on Amber's apartment door. She heard feet thudding across the floor and was shocked when Henry opened the door for her. 

"Umm..."

"Wow, you look pretty," he said, letting her in. 

She walked hesitantly into the room, annoyed to find people sprawled on nearly every sitting surface Amber had available. The girl in question was sitting in the middle of her large, leather sofa, engrossed in an episode of Adventure Time. 

Krystal clenched her teeth and marched across the room, throwing herself into the empty space between Amber and her friend. 

"Oh hey," Amber said, leaning back so their shoulders touched. "You look good. You just get back from a shoot?" 

"Something like that," she muttered. She tugged on the hem of her miniskirt, feeling stupid for dressing up after Amber had called her to 'hang out'. Apparently, it really was just a 'hangout'; not a date or a makeout session or a cuddle session like she'd hoped. 

"You want some salad? Henry tossed up a good one." 

"Of course he did," Krystal said, wishing she could toss the salad over Henry's head and get him and everyone else to leave. 

Amber threw an arm around her. "Why are you pouting?" 

"I'm not," Krystal pouted.

Amber smiled and pinched her cheek lightly. "Cute. I'm glad you came." 

"I'm not." 

Amber wrapped her up in a hug. "Yes, you are." 

"This show is stupid." 

"You're not even watching it anyway," Amber said softly, leaning in. "You're wondering about the new perfume I'm wearing." 

Krystal cocked a brow. "So?" 

"I bought it yesterday. Thought you might like it." 

"So?" 

Amber laughed. She loved when Krystal was bratty, humor in her eyes even though her jaw was still clenched. "Do you?" 

"A little," Krystal conceded.

"I'm thinking about trying a few different ones. Just tell me your favorite and I'll wear it all time time." 

Krystal finally let a smile slip through, feeling better about hanging out despite the crowd. It was kind of like they were alone in the room anyway, wrapped up in Amber's arms the way she was. No one would think anything of it since Amber was so clingy with most people anyway. 

She relaxed a little. 

"Amber!"

Krystal groaned under her breath when Henry dropped in on the other side of Amber and put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her away from Krystal. 

"I just got confirmed for another variety show!"

"Awesome!!" Amber exclaimed, pulling him into a hug. "I'm happy for you."

"I'm happy for me too," he quipped, drawing laughter from Amber. "What should we do to celebrate?" 

"Dinner and a movie on me?" 

A date, a jealous part of Krystal mentally translated, although to the two often had dinner and a movie. 

"You know exactly how to please me," Henry said greasily, throwing in a suggestive wink. 

Amber shoved him away with her forearm. "Ew. Don't be gross." 

"You love me," he said, holding onto her and kissing her cheek. "I'm your favorite person in the world." 

Krystal squeezed her arm to keep herself from clawing Henry's eyes out. She was a little scared of how possessive she felt of Amber. Most of Amber's friendships were like this, she couldn't let it get to her or else she'd be insane before a week was out. 

"I love you," Henry said.

"I love you, too," Amber said grudgingly. "Now get off me before I break your neck." 

"You wouldn't do that to me!" he exclaimed, shocked. 

Amber laughed, shoving him off the couch. "I might, so you better leave while I still like you." 

He rubbed his bottom as he got to his feet, then ruffled her hair. 

"Awww, you two are so cute," one of Amber's friends said, earning a pillow to the face for their intrusion. 

Henry rolled his eyes and sank down on the floor with a few other people to get back into the Adventure Time episode, pulling a bowl of popcorn into his lap.

Amber, still giggling, turned back to a Krystal who was giving off quite a large chill for such a small person. 

"Wanna go to my room?" Amber asked.

Krystal blinked at her in shock, then nodded her head, so they left the room, stepping over sprawled legs and empty chip bags. When they got to Amber's room, the older girl closed the door behind them, then took Krystal's hand and led her to the bed. She climbed on, then pulled Krystal up to rest beside her. 

"Sorry about that," Amber said. 

"No-"

Amber held up her hand. "Next time just you and me, okay? I know you don't like large gatherings much, but I was feeling a bit...trapped in there and guess I just wanted you with me." 

She looked into Krystal's eyes. "Is that okay?" 

Krystal realized that Amber had been feeling a bit alone in the large room, despite the many guests. She smiled a little, glad that Amber had wanted her there, glad that this semi-relationship meant something to Amber. 

"Yeah, it's fine. Just warn me next time so I don't get all dressed up." 

"I thought you said you just got back from a photo shoot." 

"No, you said that," Krystal stated. "I just agreed." 

Amber smiled, reaching out to touch Krystal's face. "Thank you for dressing up for me. You look amazing in that. I hope my baggy shorts are y enough for you?" 

Krystal scrunched her nose. "No, but that tank top makes up for it. I love your arms." 

"I know, they're amazing, right?" 

Krystal smacked her on the shoulder. "Why do I like you?" 

Amber rose up, putting an arm under Krystal and easily maneuvering her onto her back. Krystal gasped. "No idea, but I'm glad you do." 

"God, you're cheesy. I think I need to get a brain scanned the next time I'm at the hospital. There's got to be something wrong with me for thinking this is cute." 

"What are you doing liking me with your brain anyway?" Amber asked. "Like me with your heart instead." 

Krystal rolled her eyes. "Oh my god." 

"Still think I'm cute?"

"No. I think you're the cheesiest, greasiest person on earth." 

"Impossible. I think John is the cheesiest and greasiest." 

"John?" Krystal asked, confused. 

Amber grinned, showing all her teeth. "Papa John."