In the Morning

Into You

She was high. Well, not really, but she sure felt it. Seeing all of their fans gathered together in one place for once had felt amazing. She wanted to run through the streets jumping and screaming, but she knew she couldn't do that. Well, she could, but she was exhausted, so while she wanted to, she simply wasn't. 

"Our first concert," Luna said, tears running down her face. 

Victoria laughed and pulled her into a side hug. Amber wrapped an arm around Krystal's waist, ignoring the questioning look the younger girl sent her. 

"I wish I could celebrate with you guys tonight, but I'm getting old and I'm tired," Victoria pouted, heading off to her car. The other girls hugged her before she left and waved her away. 

"Luna?" Amber asked hopefully. 

She pouted, more tears streaming. "I feel dehydrated from crying so much and I just can't seem to stop. I'm going to head home and get some rest before we have to do this again tomorrow night." She smiled brightly through her tears. "I love you guys." 

Amber chuckled and pulled her close. "Seriously. Drunk without drinking. Goodnight, puppy." 

"Night, Amber," Luna said, scrubbing her eyes. She went off with one of their managers and Krystal and Amber were left alone with another. 

"Do you have any schedule tomorrow besides our concert?" Amber asked Krystal brightly. 

"No." 

"Amber grinned. "Want to go to the supermarket, grab some snacks, then head back to the dorm?"

"You don't want to go back to your apartment?" 

"It's an hour away and the traffic is terrible. The dorm is much closer. We can get more rest there." 

Krystal's heart fluttered. Was Amber just making an excuse to spend time with her? She smiled and nodded. 

"Oppa," Amber said to their manager. "Can you take us to a convenience store then back to the dorm? We don't feel like traveling the extra hours tonight." 

He agreed, bustling them into the van. They picked up some chips and drinks, a warm expectation buzzing between them keeping them silent. 

Once they got back to the dorm, they placed the snacks in the living room, then sat down on the sofa. To ease some of the tension that had built between them, Krystal the television letting it rest on a random station playing a daily drama. An older woman seemed to be shouting at her son about gambling problems. 

Krystal stiffened when she felt Amber slip her arm around her waist again, then settle back into the sofa, pulling her with her. 

Oh?...

She felt warm breath on her neck, then soft warm lips hesitantly brushed against her skin. 

Her eyebrows rose. Amber had never really made such a bold move first before. She bit her lip, wondering where this was going to go, hoping against hope that Amber wouldn't stop. 

The lips found their way to her ear and nipped lightly, the arm around her waist pulling her tighter. Krystal couldn't help but let out a small gasp. 

Amber pressed her nose to her cheek. "I'm so happy," she whispered. "That was exciting." 

"Yeah," Krystal agreed, hoping for a few more kisses. 

"I can't believe we get to do it again tomorrow. It's amazing seeing all of our fans like that." 

"Yeah, it is," Krystal said, snuggling into her and turning her face so that Amber could kiss her lips if she wanted. But Amber wasn't even looking in her direction. She had a thoughtful expression on her face. 

"I love performing." 

"Me too," Krystal murmured, starting to get a little disappointed in the conversational turn of events. "Sometimes it's scary knowing so many people are watching me, but it's also amazing making all of those people happy." 

"Krys... You were kind of right about Henry. He has feelings for me." 

Krystal's brows scrunched, wondering why Amber was telling her this out of the blue or what she'd discussed with Henry that she now knew what his feelings were. 

"This isn't-"

"I told him that you and I..."

"What?!

Amber held up her hand. "We were in bed together and-"

"What?!!" Krystal shrieked. 

"I wanted to ask his advice-" 

"You were in bed with him." 

"We sleep together quite often." 

Krstyal felt like she was going to be sick. 

"We don't have or anything" 

"But you're intimate with him. Even after we..."

"It's Henry," Amber said comfortingly. "We've been friends a long time." 

"I have people I've been friends with for years too, but I don't cuddle with them at night." 

"He-"

Krystal stood up. "He's had feelings for you this entire time and has just been sleeping with you without saying anything about it. He probably got something a lot different out of it than you did." 

"Don't make it gross." 

Krystal shook her head. "He probably thought you felt the same way." 

"Well, now he knows I don't."

"And he's fine with it?" Krystal asked, her hands on her hips.

"He said I could have his if you and end up becoming a real couple one day." 

"Eww!" Krystal gasped, wrapping her arms around herself.  

"It was just a joke."

"Maybe to you." 

"I can't help it if he likes me."

"And did you stay after this conversation?"

Amber hesitated and Krystal had her answer. "Oh my god." She pulled out her phone.

"Who are you texting?"

"Manager Oppa so he can come get me. I don't want to be in the same space with you right now." 

Amber got to her feet, hurt and confused. "But...I wanted him to know that I want to try being with you, that's why I told him. So that he wouldn't find it weird when I wanted to stay in a different room when I stay over at his place. I like cuddling with him, but I'm always thinking about you when I do it and wonder if you'll be hurt if you know." 

"I am!" 

Amber held Krystal's arms lightly. "I'm sorry. It's just...it helped me realize that I care more about this than I thought I did."

Krystal pressed her lips together, trying not to cry. That hurt too. She'd thought Amber at least felt something for her to agree to this relationship in the first place. Why had she agreed if she didn't even care? Did she really only want someone to kiss and hold every once in a while? 

"I was hoping that we could talk about this," Amber said, waving a hand between the two of them. "I really don't know what to do." 

Krystal brushed Amber's hands off, texting their manager that she no longer needed a car, but she definitely wasn't going to stay in the same room as Amber tonight. "I don't want to talk to you at all right now." 

"I-" 

"You know how I felt but you kept cuddling up to Henry." 

"You said-" 

"I know what we agreed to," Krystal said angrily, "but it doesn't change how I feel. I was stupid to think I could just start something so uncertain with you when I want to be so much more." 

"I wanted to talk about that. Tonight." 

"Well I don't," Krystal said sharply. "I need to think and I need to figure out if I'm willing to put more of myself in your hands. I really like you, but your closeness to others is really scary. I need to know if I can take it." 

"Krys.." 

"We'll talk tomorrow when I wake up. I'm tired and not just a little angry right now," she said tiredly.

"In the morning?" Amber asked carefully.

Krystal sighed, wondering if that would be enough time to get her head together, but agreed. "In the morning."