Your Voice

Into You

*What are you planning on doing this weekend?*

 Amber had her phone set to speaker while she browsed through her closet for a sweatshirt that matched her new Jordans. The bright orange highlighting the base was really attractive and she wanted to wear something that would draw attention to it. 

“Don’t know yet,” she called over her shoulder, considering a sweater covered in small spaceships instead. 

*Want to come over?*

 “You’re going to be back in Korea?” Amber asked, pulling the shirt over her head and standing in front of her full-length mirror. She cocked her head from one side to the other, flicking her growing bangs out of her eyes.

 *Yeah, in a few hours.* 

“So you’re not going to make it to my final stage?” 

*…Sorry.* 

Amber shook her head, forgetting she wasn’t talking to someone in person. The orange and blue spaceships really drew your focus down to the shoes. She smirked, brushed her blonde hair up and back, then slapped a hat on top, bill facing backwards. 

*Amber? I said I’m sorry…I know I said I would come-*

 “No.” Amber flopped onto the bed, landing on her stomach. “I know you would’ve made it if you could've. I’ll see you on Saturday, okay?” 

*...Okay.* 

“Me and some friends are about to head out to the skate park right now though. So Bye.” 

*Oh…okay. By-*


"She hung up on you, didn't she?" 

"Shut up," Krystal said, rolling her eyes and tapping away at her phone, not even sending a message. She just wanted to look busy. 

"I've never understood how you two get along so well. She's got sooooo much energy," Jessica breathed, her eyes wide. She remembered once waiting backstage with the rest of her ex-group watching Amber do every single routine that showed on the monitor, grabbing people who passed by her and trying to get them to dance too. "She's like - like a puppy or something." 

Krystal's lips tilted into a smirk. It was something she both loved and hated about Amber. It was great when she wanted to play, but it really wore on her nerves when she didn't and sometimes Amber didn't even notice. "I hate her." 

It was Jessica's turn to roll her eyes. "Then why are you always talking about her?" 

"What? I don't." 

Jessica arched one perfect eyebrow. 

"We've been friends for ages, of course I'm going to talk about her sometimes." 

"All the time." 

"Some time," Krystal insisted, folding her arms over her stomach. 

Jessica shrugged resting her chin on her palm. "Whatever. Next time I'm going to keep count of all the times you mention her name."

Krystal huffed and settled into the seat of the van. Sometimes she can be as annoying as Amber