Her

'Till Death Do Us Part
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi 

From the start, I have been dreaming. 

Dreaming of a certain person. A girl with ethereal beauty, who can make any goddess hide in shame. Her smile has captured men's hearts, and her eyes sparkling like diamonds. She was my dream girl. My dream girl who always die. 

In my dreams, she's always walking, or running, sometimes driving. And then something comes and crashes her petite body  into fragments. It all started with my Grandfather. 

Grandfather Kang always knew when Grandma was in trouble, and he tells me all sort of stories and dramas he was in just to save her. And when Grandma was about to leave the country, he proposed, making Grandma marry him in a span of knowing each other in months. He dreamt about her, giving birth to my Father. He dreamt of the last thing that can kill my Grandma, but was too weak to even stop it. And it passed to my Dad. 

The same thing happened to him and Mom. All tragic tragedies, he stopped it, just by dreaming. Almost as if he knew the future. And when he had no choice, he married Mom just to save her from death. 

And I guess it will happen to me. I guess I will also marry this girl out of will, and out of love. Dad confirmed it, he never wanted to marry my Mom in the first place. But the dreams, the dreams that went on every night, telling him that she can die any day, the guilt will eat him alive. That results to marrying her. 

My generation, married their spouse just because they knew when they will die. They were scared. They were scared to let the person die, scared that the guilt will tear them apart. They fear that the death of that one person can lock them up in a wallow of self pity, continuous attacks of anxiety beating them. Fear of not answering the questions 'Why did I let her die?' or statements 'I let him die when I could've saved him.' Terrified of dreaming the blood stains, the eyes blankly staring at them. Horrified with the idea of killing someone unintentionally. 

And now, it is my turn. My chance to save a person, even when I'm bothering them. All I have to do, is save them. Save her from death. Save her from everything that can harm her, while at the same time, protect what I can in me. While at the same time, guard my heart from being broken. 

My dream started last night. 

A girl, walking down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter