Getting To Know You

'Till Death Do Us Part
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi

After Seungwan left, we stayed quiet for some awkward minutes. I actually didn't notice I was tearing up with Soojung's sudden reappearance, and Irene suddenly wiping my tears away. It fell weird after that, specially when we still haven't reached that certain level of friendship. 

But I already know Irene will end up marrying me, wether she likes it or not. Still though, what will happen after that? Me and Irene ending up together without actually feeling the devotion or attachment for each other. It feels like an arranged marriage. 

I stare at the television, with the boring show being played in it. Irene is being too silent, and it bothers me that we aren't arguing or acting like kids. Whenever we actually see each other, we will find a way to bicker, and we only met for like, five times. Excluding the time she was drunk, but that's about it. Will I ever get this bossy lady to calm down when we get married?

I can't even imagine being commited to this girl, and I can't handle her, so we'll probably be fighting each other. 

"Hey, Irene." I call her with a cool mood. I forget the fact that she suddenly touched my cheek to wipe that hot liquid away.

She turns around, her eyes roaming the room obviously not wanting to look at me. What a kid.

"Look at me when I talk. I'll let that wiping of tear slide, so let's talk. Please?" I half bossed and half pleaded and she nods softly, and I chuckle. 

"What do you want to talk about?" She asks, clearing before speaking. I smile a little, after seeing her cute manner when she's shy.

"Everything we should know about each other." I speak and she looks at me like I'm a psycho. I raise my eyebrow, a questioning look plastered on my face.

"My full name is Kang Seulgi. Yours?" I ask her and she stays quiet. What is this girl thinking about?

"Bae Joohyun." She responds shortly. So that's why.

"So that's why." I nod like I solved a case that was a mystery for years. 

"That's why what?" She looks at me with a bit of widened eyes, and it looks cute that I want to take a picture and frame it.

"That's why your good looking. It's in your blood." I subtly add the flirty tone with my usual pitch to get her red. Nicely done, Seulgi.

"You're not that bad yourself, Kang." She answers back and I smirk. She wants a flirting game, I'll give her one.

"Thanks. I already know that, Bae." I stay with the smirk on my lips and thought of another question.

"Birthday? Mine is tenth of February." I ask her and she looks a bit puzzled. Probably thinking I'm getting it for some secret society things.

"Mine is twenty-ninth of March." She still answers with the same bored tone, and I admit it is pretty boring.

"Irene, your name means peace, right?" I look at her so she's also looking at me. Time to drop the bomb.

"Yeah. Why did you ask?" She asks with leaning her head a bit, looking way cuter than minutes ago. 

"Nothing much, it's just that." I pause my sentence so it has more impact and it gets her.

"Just what?" Her tone has curiousity hiding in it, but I can hear it well. Now we drop it.

"Well, when I hear your name, then I think of you, I calm down. It brings peace to my heart. So yeah, just that." I look at her with a smile that I rarely show to anyone, unintentionally crinkling my nose. 

I giggle when I see her blushing, but when I saw her cover her face for what I said, a sudden thought popped up.

If I can make her fall in love, I can marry her without a problem. Mystery solved. 

"Really, Seulgi? That pick up line is way overused." She retorts as if she didn't blush at what I said.

"Well, believe it or not, Irene, you blushed. Beet red cheeks and you even covered y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter