Fireworks

'Till Death Do Us Part
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi immediately wanted to take her words back with how Irene's teasing smile turn into a frown. She didn't really mean what she said. 

Quite the opposite, honestly.

"Oh, Irene. You know I didn't mean that." Seulgi tries to cheer up the older, but she stayed still. 

"Irene?" 

"Yeah. Here I thought you'd make me stay with you until you get well completely." Irene pouts, her eyes glued to the wall. The wall looked more interesting to stare at than Seulgi's intense eyes. 

"I don't want to make you stay here against your will." Seulgi explained her side. It was true, if Irene wanted to leave, then she'd let her go happily. 

She's not going to force her. That's the last thing Seulgi wanted to happen.

Irene, on the other hand, felt warm. Okay, not the kind of warm she always felt with Bogum. That was more physical and forced. This warmth she felt that was pooling in her stomach, it was just there. It's there ever since Seulgi. 

The genuine concern in Seulgi's voice made it warmer. That pool of feelings inside her were beginning to get deeper and she was afraid.

Of how Seulgi made her forget Bogum the way no amount of alcohol or designing can.

Of how Seulgi made her smile with the smallest actions. 

Of how Seulgi made her feel happy, content even.

Of how Seulgi made her heart beat with ecstasy. 

She was beginning to feel things that she never thought she'd feel. 

Feelings that were only found in books. 

Feelings Seulgi was starting to give her with a simple look and smile. 

"Irene!" Seulgi half yelled, making Irene snap out of her thoughts. She blanked out on Seulgi, even though she was thinking about her. Ironic, really.

"Sorry, I just suddenly thought about-"

She was abruptly cut off with Seulgi's voice, the bitterness and jealousy - Irene liked to fool herself - evident within it, with how she clenched her teeth when she said, 

"Bogum?" 

It was Irene's turn to look at Seulgi. She really likes to make fool of herself because she thinks she saw anger flash through Seulgi's eyes. 

Her heart may or may not skipped a beat with the thought of Seulgi getting jealous. 

But Irene erased that thought. Seulgi sees her as someone she can talk to. 

Seulgi sees her as a friend. Irene thinks. 

Quite on the contrary, honestly. 

"No." Irene only replies to Seulgi's question - was it even a question? - with firmness that she shocked herself. 

When was she so sure she didn't think about Bogum?

Oh right, since Seulgi. 

"Then what were you thinking about? You suddenly spaced out when I was explaining." Seulgi's tough tone was gone, her soft, soothing voice replaced it, and Irene thought she heard an angel. 

"I was thinking about you." Irene says, her tone confident but not flirty, like she knew she was right. 

And she is. 

Then comes Seulgi looking away from Irene's orbs, afraid of staring too much. 

Oh, how she fears for her poor heart. 

"I mean," Irene clears , cont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter