[O] Jungkook x Jianhae

﹙ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ﹚ ϙ ﹠ ᴀ scenario and oneshot request shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook (BTS) for FortuneKookies

     

 

 

Prompt: Jianhae is the goldenette maknae of Everest (a new SM girl group) and after an awards show where she is seen with Jungkook, rumours start to fly.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

Jianhae looked at her reflection in the mirror and she wiped off the sweat beads forming on her forehead with the hem of her t-shirt before walking over to the music speakers and turning off the music.

She sunk down to the ground and let out a sigh, tired from the late night practice. She reached for her phone on the table and turned it on. She clicked on a familiar contact name and let it ring through.

“What’s up?”

She smiled, feeling a bit of her stress and tension ease away at the voice.

“How is your routine coming along?” she asked. The voice on the other side groaned and she let out a chuckle.

“Why didn’t they just give this routine to Jimin?”

“Come on, Jungkook, there’s a reason why it’s called the Maknae Duets this year,” she reminded. He sighed.

“I know, I know. There’s just so much pressure and expectations for us this time and no matter what, our fans are going to get angry.”

She hummed in thought. “You’re right but rumours pop up here and there all the time, anyway. You’re more popular than me so you’re going to get it harder than me.”

“Yeah, well, I’d rather suffer through the crazy fans than you, okay?”

Her lips tugged upwards into a soft smile. “You were always like this, weren’t you?”

“Hey, I’m just an all-rounder-type of guy, you know? What guy wouldn’t protect his best friend if she was getting bullied? Remember in middle school?”

“Yeah, but you bullied me too, didn’t you?” She pointed out. Jungkook snorted from the other line. “That’s because we’re friends.”

“Unfortunately,” she mumbled. She heard him gasp dramatically.

“Not like I wanted to be your friend, either, sheesh! Anyway, I have to go. My manager is coming to pick me up soon. Goodnight, Jianhae.”

“Goodnight, Jungkook,” she whispered, putting her phone down. She took a sip of water from her bottle before turning the music back on to continue practicing.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

Jungkook thanked his manager and got out of the van. He looked around the underground parking lot of the SM Entertainment building and he let out a low whistle. It was his first time here and he was fascinated to see all the luxury cars parked inside. He went towards the elevator, and once he reached the main area, he gave his name to the receptionist who directed him towards his designated practice room for the day.

He drew his mask higher to cover his face when he passed by the people in the hallways. He bowed to the idols he recognized before quickly making his way to the last room on the right of one of the top floors.

He saw the matte-finished door and he lightly knocked until the door clicked open. He grinned, seeing Jianhae.

“Hey, you,” she chuckled, moving past for him to come in. He slipped inside and she closed the door behind him.

“Ready to practice?” he asked. She nodded, tightening her ponytail. He set his duffel bag down onto the floor by the wall and he walked up to stand in place behind her as the music started.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

“Are you ready for the awards show next month?” Jimin asked, coming down to sit beside her on the couch.

The two of them had returned home tonight because it was their father’s birthday, and they were all going to eat dinner together as a family.

She jut out her bottom lip and let out a sigh. “No, I’m so nervous. This is our first time going to an awards show and I have a solo performance!” Jimin chuckled, wrapping an arm around her shoulder to pull her in. He ruffled her hair, despite her protests.

“You’ll do fine, kid. You’re a good dancer. The people will love you,” he said. She frowned up at him. “Yeah, but Jungkook’s fans are going to actually murder me.”

He narrowed his eyes. “Not like I’d let that happen.” She rolled her eyes and pushed him away. “They already hate me enough because I’m your sister, okay? This is just going to add onto the lists of ‘why we all hate Park Jianhae from Everest’”.

He smiled in amusement at her sarcasm. “Yeah, right. You’re like Korea’s little angel right now. Don’t they also call you the golden maknae?” She stuck out her tongue. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Come on, don’t be so modest here,” he said. Their father came out of his study and he came to join his children in the living room.

“What’s got her looking so troubled?” he asked. Jimin shot her a look. “She’s worried about a dance performance she has to do with Jungkook at the awards show.” Their father raised an eyebrow and stared at her.

“Jianhae? Scared of a dance performance?”

Jimin nodded. “See, the dancing genes just stopped short for her. Maybe that’s why she doesn’t want to do it.” He winced when she slapped his arm and their father laughed.

“I think she’s just nervous to be dancing with Jungkook.”

She gasped at her father’s comment. “Mom! Dad and Jimin are bullying me again!” She got off the couch and ran into the kitchen before they could say anything else.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

Jianhae got out of the van alongside her six other members and she waved to the numerous cameras pointed at her. She bowed, following along the other girls across the red carpet. She stood by the board and posed beside her members for the pictures.

Once that was over, they made their way into the venue and towards their dressing rooms inside the towering building.

They bowed to the other idol groups they saw along the way and greeted them with respect. Fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter