[O] Johnny x Dain

﹙ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ﹚ ϙ ﹠ ᴀ scenario and oneshot request shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny (NCT) for exobts19

     

 

 

Prompt: Dain is Johnny's fiancee. He is constantly busy with his company work and barely has time for her. Taeyong, her best friend, confronts Johnny about it.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

Dain looked up at the man sitting in front of her and she smiled, seeing him so focused on looking through the files on his desk. She set her book down and got up from her reading chair to walk over to him. His attention didn’t shift away from his work but when she wrapped her arms around his neck, he looked back.

“You didn’t go to sleep yet?” Johnny asked, pushing his chair back. He pulled her onto his lap and buried his face into her long hair.

She shook her head. “You know I can’t sleep without you.” His lips tugged up at her words and he pulled back to see her smiling face.

“I’ll finish up soon. Go wash up and wait for me in bed, then,” he instructed. She nodded, hopping off the chair and giving him a little wave as she closed the door to his study.

He shook his head in amusement before returning his attention back to the work in front of him.

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

Johnny woke up the next day when the light streamed in from the windows. He groaned, turning to the side to avoid it. His eyes rounded when he felt the empty space of the bedsheets and he looked around the room for his fiancee.

“Dain?” he called out, pushing himself up. Yawning, he ruffled his hair and threw on his t-shirt before leaving the bedroom. He walked down the stairs when he heard noises coming from the kitchen and he softened when he saw her standing there making breakfast.

“Why did you wake up so early?” he asked, walking over to wrap his arms around her waist. She looked back and smiled, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before turning back to the salad she was preparing.

“I couldn’t sleep,” she said. He frowned at her answer. “Is it your insomnia again?” He felt her hum in reply and his brows furrowed deeper.

“Why didn’t you wake me up, then? I would have stayed awake with you,” he said. She shook her head. “It’s fine, Youngho. You have an early meeting today and we also have the company party to attend tonight.”

He let out a sigh at the reminder. “You’re right.” He pulled away. “I’ll go shower and get ready.”

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

Dain walked into the store and the worker gasped, seeing her. Dain ducked and smiled, waving her hand in dismissal and walked over towards the dresses hanging on the racks. She ran her fingers over them, finding the one she wanted to wear tonight.

It was a formal event, seeing that it was a celebration party. The company that Johnny had taken in place of his father, had just sealed their contract with an American company overseas. It was a big step for their clothing line and Johnny had planned a company event to thank all his staff.

Dain’s eyes landed on a navy blue off-shoulder dress and she picked it up. The worker came over.

“Do you want to try it on, Miss?” Dain nodded, walking with her to the dressing rooms. The worker opened it up for her and she went inside to change.

When she came out, the worker’s smile grew even wider. “You look beautiful, Miss.” Dain smiled. “Thank you.”

“You’re living the dream that every girl would want, Miss. You’re still in college but you already have a successful career ahead of you and not to mention, a wonderful fiance.”

Dain chuckled. “You’re too kind. I think I just got lucky.”

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

Johnny unlocked the door to the house and came in, fixing his tie. He looked up the stairs and checked his watch when he didn’t see Dain.

“Doll?” he called out.

“Coming!” came a reply from upstairs.

He took out his phone to scroll through his emails when he heard the clicking of heels against the marble floor. He looked up and felt his heart skip a beat, seeing his fiancee in her dress.

She came to a stop in front of him and she smiled, staring at his starstruck face. “Come on, won’t we be late?”

Johnny shook his head, snapping out of his daze. “You make me want to stay home and lock you in our room forever. I don’t want the other guys to see you,” he whispered, bending down to kiss her neck. She laughed, pushing him back.

“They all know I’m engaged to you, Youngho.”

He grinned, taking her hand. “That’s also very true. I’d like to see them try anything.”

✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿

After greeting everyone they saw, Johnny had excused himself to greet some of the other businessmen at the party. Dain went to their reserved tables and sat down, taking the weight off her feet.

She blinked her eyes a few times, feeling a headache forming. She figured it was the lack of sleep and the wine she drank when she was conversing with the people.

“Tired?”

She looked up and her eyes flashed in recognition, seeing her best friend.

“Taeyong? I thought you were overseas,” she said, watching him pull out a chair and taking a seat beside her. He shrugged. “I was but I finished my performance in Japan so I’m back. Plus, how could I miss such a big event?”

She smiled. “And how did it go? I’m sorry I couldn’t make it.”

He tilted his head. “It went alright. I have another audition for an upcoming drama, though. And of course you couldn’t make it, how could I expect Korea’s next trophy wife to have time for her best friend?”

She frowned at his joke, not finding it funny. “I’m sorry, I’ll go next time, I promise.” He laughed, seeing her expression. “Come on, bunny, I was kidding.”

She scrunched up her face at the nickname. He had called her that ever since they met each other as neighbours during middle school. He had always made fun of her buck teeth until she finally got braces but the name still stuck after all these years.

“Where’s Johnny?” he asked, looking around. Dain looked up, scanning her eyes around the room.

“He had to greet some of the shareholders.”

Taeyong let out a low whistle. “I don’t know how you can keep up with his lifestyle. He barely has time to even call us.”

She let out a soft sigh. “He’s been home this week but he’s usually away when he has projects incoming.”

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter