Chapter Eight

She Got Seven

Chapter Eight

 

After eating our meals, I stood up and brought Yugyeom back to the living room. “How was the meal? Do you like it?” I asked him as we sat down on the sofa where we used to sat down a while ago.

 

“Yeah, I like it, your mother is a great cook,” I smiled, knowing that he’s enjoying it here.

 

He looks at the wall clock just above the center of the two windows. It says 7:45 PM. “I think I need to go home now, I’m late and I think Eomma will scold me again,” he said with a laugh. I chuckled as he stood up.

 

“Alright, I’ll bring you towards the gate and wait for you until you got a taxi,” I said and he said “okay” as he pull his bag from the sofa.

 

As soon as we were outside the house, I took him to the gate and we fell silent. I looked up to the skies to see the stars shining bright, they’re beautiful. “They’re beautiful,” I said and he also looks up.

 

“Yeah, I used to connect them when I was a child back then,” he said as we stopped in front of the gate. I opened it and we exited.

 

We stood in front of the road and waited for a taxi. “You mean constellations,” I said and he smiled while nodding.

 

“I always wonder if the stars would be the same in Busan when we’re here in Seoul,” he said and I looked up the stars once again. As I watched them, they’re not changing but I bet, some of them had already died.

 

“Yeah, I thought so too but I think that wherever you might be, it won’t change, it will always be the same,” I said and a taxi stopped in front of us.

 

Yugyeom taps my back and smiled. “Thanks for the meal, tell them thank you,” he said and he was about to enter inside the taxi when he looks back at me. “Uh, good night? See you tomorrow,” he said once again, waiting for my answer.

 

“Good night,” I said. We smiled at each other and he hopped inside. I waited for the taxi to disappear from my sight then I went back inside.

 

As I stepped inside the house, I could feel heavy gazes from my siblings again. I sat beside Hyohyeon eonni and she’s my hair. “He’s a nice guy,” she said.

 

“Yeah, he is,” I answered back. Suho oppa sat at the opposite side of Hyohyeon eonni and they both got interested in my hair. “Are you guys okay? Actually, my hair is okay.”

 

They chuckle and Hyohyeon eonni asked me, “What is all about that handkerchief thing?” My eyes got wide and I looked at Suho oppa, smirking.

 

“Well, they met because of the handkerchief,” Suho oppa said and my cheeks gone red. I’m embarrassed and I think it’s a silly story. “Yugyeom thought it is her hanky but turns out that she didn’t owned it, Yugyeom told her to keep the hanky and yeah, that’s it.”

 

Hyohyeon eonni laughs, “I’m sorry but I find it cute. It looks like Eomma and Appa’s love story, I hope someone will also do it for me,” she said, still laughing.

 

Suho oppa chuckles and I smiled. I stood up and walked upstairs. “Gotta go now, I’m tired,” I said as I yawn. I didn’t get an answer and I continued walking upstairs.

 

I enter the room and I lay my back on the bed, with half eyes closed. I remember seeing Yugyeom dancing, eating, talking and laughing. All of those things are cute. I smiled at the thought of it when someone knocks on my door. “Come in,” I said, trying to open my eyes.

 

“You left your bag and your phone is ringing,” Suho oppa said, stretching his arms on me so I can get my bag.

 

“Thanks,” I said and he closed the door.

 

I walked back towards the bed and sat on it, I opened the bag and grabs my phone inside. I saw Bambam’s name on it and I feel a little excitement while staring at the screen. I slid my finger through it and answer the call.

 

“Hello?” I said, laying my back on to the bed.

 

“Hyun Mi, good evening,” Bambam said and I laughed due to his formality. “Yah, why are you laughing?” He asked.

 

“Nothing, why are you calling me anyway? Is there something wrong?” I arched my back and lay down to bed.

 

“Uh, nothing,” he said as I heard a voice in the other line. It’s talking to Bambam. “Gotta go, good night and sweet dreams,” he hungs up and I rolled my eyes. He’s being weird.

 

I shrug and lay down on my bed. I miss home. The door opens and Yoona eonni enters the room. In our house, we have 4 rooms all in all. We moved here when I was just eight. My roomate is Yoona eonni and we both share this room for seven years but I am the only one who sleeps here since she has a dorm.

 

And now, it’s time to leave this room since I’m getting a dorm. I move my body and face towards my sister who is scrolling on her phone.

 

“Hey,” I call her, then she looks at me. She gives me a ‘what’ look and I giggled at the thought of it. “What do you feel when you were on stage?”

 

She puts her phone down and sits properly. “I feel like I’m a goddess, just dancing and singing freely,” she said, smiling while playing with her hair.

 

“Really? Oh! I can’t wait to debut soon! But lucky for you, you debut with girls,” I frowned as Yoona eonni chuckles. I stared at her with a ‘what do you mean look’ and she stops. She looks at me with a smile on her face.

 

“I’ve just heard from Suho oppa that you will debut with a boy group. You’re such a boyish girl that’s why you belong in a boy group,” I frown at her. I don’t get her at all.

 

“No, I’m not.”

 

“Well, if you say so. I need to sleep now, we’ll be having practices tomorrow. Good night and sleep tight,” she said as she lay down on her bed.

 

I stare at her for a moment then I decided to look away from her, facing my body to the other side. I think about my day. It’s awesome and it’s my first time being together with a boy. I wonder what does it feel to be loved like Suho oppa does to Tiffany eonni. After those deep thoughts, I fall asleep.


 

As I open the door of the practice room, it’s very noisy then I came in, they watch me and became silent. I put my bag on the sofa as I sat there. Spell awkward.

 

Bambam approaches me as I gave him a nod, “Hey! Sorry for bothering you last night. Are you already asleep when I called?” He asked and I chuckle.

 

“Almost,” I laugh as I continued talking, “Lucky for you I didn’t. Suho oppa handed me my bag in my room then I answered your call. Why are you calling anyway?” He looks away and I don’t know why my instincts are telling me that he’s ashame.

 

I didn’t bother him to say the reason because it’s obviously nothing. He’s my friend so he can contact me whenever he wants. “Nothing, I just called,” he said and I nodded while smiling.

 

We heard a knock from the door and Jackson ran towards it, he opens the door and a staff enters. She’s holding a bunch of papers and she’s wearing eyeglasses. Her hair is styled in a perfect messy bun that makes her slim face a little bit round.

 

“Good morning guys, here’s the contract that PD-nim had made. You’ll sign here,” she pointed to a blank space in the document as we nodded. “He also told me that there’ll be no relationship involve in this group. If get caught, the male artist will leave the group. Okay, so I’ll be giving this to you,” she said as she distributed the contract to us.

 

Oh well, no relationship involve. To be honest, I’m a little bit disappointed but anyways, I don’t care since we’re just doing our job.

 

The staff handed her pen to me while smiling, “I guess we should always put this in our minds that ladies should go first,” they chuckle and I smiled at that thought. Ladies first.

 

I sign my contract and when I was finished signing, I handed the pen to Mark and I gave the contract back to the staff. When we are all finished signing, the staff leaves the room and all of us fell into silent.

 

“So, let’s practice?” Jaebum said and the boys groaned. I chuckle in disbelief as they’re complaining. “Yah! You should listen to your leader!”

 

Mark motioned towards him and said, “I’m the oldest here so if I said I won’t do it, I won’t do it,” the members except Jaebum clapped their hands and I laugh. This is hilarious.

 

They must heard me laughing so they look at me. I shut my mouth and they also laugh. “Come on, you don’t need to be shy,” Yugyeom said and I gave him the slight hint of smile.

 

“Yugyeom’s right, you should start hanging with us since we’ll be working together for many years,” Youngjae said and I just nodded. I still feel the awkwardness except for Bambam and Yugyeom.

 

“You’ll be having roomates or you’ll be alone in your room?” Jaebum asked me.

 

I shrug, not knowing whether to answer or not, “Uh, I don’t know,” I finally said and he raises his eyebrow.

 

“You don’t know? Why?”

 

“Uh sorry but I really think I still don’t know it yet,” I said and he just nodded.

 

“He asked you because all of us will be in our dorm tomorrow, since you’re a girl, we should give you privacy but it’s up to you if you want to have a roomate,” Jinyoung said while flipping the pages in his book, not looking at me. He’s a little bit harsh, for me.

 

I want to have a roomate, I don’t want to be alone in a room. Maybe I could drag Yugyeom and Bambam. “I want to have a roomate, I want company,” I said and they fall silent and Jackson laughs out of nowhere.

 

“You can have the company of JYP,” he said, still laughing. I don’t know what to react since his joke is a little bit corny.

 

The members gave him a fake laugh and I smile, shaking my head in disbelief. “Okay, if you’ll give me the company and I’ll be the CEO then I’ll make you suffer,” I said and they laugh except for Jackson who’s face is blank.

 

“Wㅡ what? I’m taking back what I’ve said,” he said and I chuckle. I’m starting to enjoy with them, really.

 

“There’s no taking back,” I said with a smirk. We all laugh and Jaebum interrupted.

 

“Let’s get to practice,” he said and we groaned. “Yugyeom and Hyun Mi, show us the steps,” I look at Yugyeom who stood up already. I stand up and walk towards the center.

 

“It goes like this,” I said and started dancing.

 

To be honest, I’m a little bit embarrased about this. Yugyeom helped me and we showed them the steps. After several minutes of practices, another knock is heard and Jackson, as always opens the door. A small man, fat and has chubby cheeks enters the room. They all bow down to him and I did the same thing.

 

“Choreographer-nim, the steps are cool and it needed a polish,” Jaebum said.

 

Oh, he’s the choreographer. My heart beat is fast, tension swells up inside me and I can feel the heat in my palms and feet. My face is soak with sweat and I don’t want to disappoint myself.

 

“Oh, you do? Show me then,” he said while laying his back on the sofa. His face is always blank and I don’t like the way he stares at us.

 

The music starts and we dance with the beat. It doesn’t have lyrics yet but the whole tune is already set. As I look at the man, I don’t know if he likes it or not. I hope he will because I spent my energy in this for the sake of good outcome during our debut.

 

When we reach the half part of the music, we stop since we haven’t practice much yet. “It’s good, we just need to polish it,” he said and stood up.

 

He showed us more amazing steps and we practice it. I still forgot some steps but it’s okay, I’m still in the process of learning it.