Chapter Three: Training Days

She Got Seven

• First Day of Training •
As I walked towards the dance practice room, I couldn't help but smile due to the fact that I'm a JYP trainee already. That guy, Kim Yu Gyeom, I've never met him again and I wonder where he is.

I open the door to see if there were girls who are already inside but it's strange, I'm just the only one. Slowly entering the room, I saw Bae Suzy of Miss A and I bowed politely. What is she doing here? I'm terrified.

"Hi, how are you?" She asked and I can't think of any words inside my mind.

Act normal Hyun Mi, I said to myself.

"Uh, I'm fine Ma'am, how about you?" I asked. For me, it's a stupid question to ask.

"I'm fine too dear, what are you doing here?" She asked and I bet her question is also stupid.

"I came here to practice but it seems the other girls are not here," I said and she smiled. I wonder what she's thinking. Please help me God.

"You're the earliest so far, I will be the one to train your modeling skills," she said and pointed towards a chair. "Sit for a while, let's just wait for the other girls."

After a few minutes, the other girls arrived and they asked me if Miss Suzy got angry. I shook my head and told them it's nothing to worry about.

"Are you all complete?" She asked but we didn't answer. Nobody knows if we're complete or not. "Let's do the head count, you must be fifteen here," she added and then we started counting.

"Two," I said and they continued counting. When it reached up to fourteen only, Miss Suzy wondered who is missing so she checked our names.

The door opens and a girl walks directly into our direction. She's a chubby girl and Miss Suzy just smiled at her.

"Why are you late Jihyo?" She bowed politely and I can feel that she trained here in JYP for how many years.

"I'm sorry Miss Suzy, I woke up late," she said and Miss Suzy just nodded.

"It's okay, you need to be early next time, okay?" Miss Suzy said and Jihyo was just nodding. "So okay, let's start our first lesson," and then she started talking as I listen to her.

🌺🌺🌺

After the modeling lesson, Sana and I walked together towards the convenience store near JYP Entertainment's building. We are really hungry.

"I'm really hungry, I would like to eat a ramen," she said as we enter the convenience store. The door made a bell sound and the other customers look at us.

"Do they have snickers? I want to eat chocolates," I said and Sana smiled at me.

"Of course they have, just asked the cashier," she said while picking up a huge ramen for the both of us. "I'll add some eggs for this," she added and I walked towards the Snickers' stall.

A skinny guy is picking up a Snickers also that's why I stood behind him. I picked three and he looks at me, I also look at him and I bet he's not a Korean. He's something else.

"Three?" He asked me and I nodded. "Wow, are you in your period to crave something like this?" I didn't answer, instead I picked another snickers. He's talking about periods and it's awkward.

"Hey, I'm sorry, don't look at it the other way. I have a sister so I know a little about those stuffs," I look at him for the second time and he made a peace sign.

I chuckled and he just smiles at me. I picked another snickers and my eyes saw Sana, she's busy preparing for the ramen.

"I'm Kunpimook Bhuwakul. Just call me BamBam, I'm a trainee in JYP Entertainment," I was shocked and smiled at him and then I talked to him for the first time.

"Really? I'm a JYP trainee also! So, friends?" I asked and gave him a hand. He grabs my hand and we both shook it.

"What's your name?" He asked and I told her my name. "Oh great, see ya!" He waved at me and I wave back. Lately, he's gone.

I walked towards Sana who is still busy, she likes eating a lot, I guess.

"Where have you been?" She asked me and I showed her the snickers. "Who's that guy you've been talking to?"

"A JYP trainee. I think he's a Thai, he has a weird name," I said and she looks at me with a smile.

"Every relationship starts with this so called friend," she said and we walked towards the cashier to pay our food.

"Don't be ridiculous, besides there's someone on that building," I said while pointing at JYP's building. "I want to see right now, he's such a beauty," I said while smiling.

"And who can that be?" She asked while handing our orders to the cashier.

"I don't know," I lied.

• Three Months Later •

"You need to do it like this, you should always remember the steps girls cause if you don't, you'll better leave now," the trainer said while instructing some steps.

After few hours of practicing, the trainer leaved the practice room and the other girls were crying because of too much pressure. Some of them were comforting those who are crying and I'm just watching them.

"I feel terribly sad for those who can't cope up," Nayeon eonni said and I just nodded.

"Me too, thank God he has given me enough talent," I said and she chuckles.

"What? Are you bragging about your talent?" She asked and I laughed.

"Of course not, I'm sharing it in the manner of speaking," she laughs so hard and I can feel that the other girls were looking at us.

"You're such a brat, by the way, have you found him? That guy you've been always looking for?" She asked while I open my tumbler to drink a water.

"No," I drink the water and she just nodded. "I'm still hoping that I could get a chance to see him here someday, I want to give back the handkerchief," I said and she smiled at me.

"Is he handsome?" She asked me and I don't know what to reply.

"You bet," she pouted and pinched my ears. She's so bad to me lately but we're friends so it's alright.

"You should be careful on him," she said and she pulls my arm. "Let's go, we need to eat, I'm hungry."

We walked outside the dance practice room and we walked through the stairs where I first saw him. I smiled at that thought and I took a glance on his handkerchief.

"Nayeon noona! Hyun Mi!" We saw Bambam waving towards us. We approached him and he smiled to us.

"Bambam, how are you?" I asked and he gave me a thumbs up.

"If you'll excuse us, we need to go, I'm really hungry. Thanks," she said and ignores Bambam. I waved back at Bambam to give him a goodbye.

"Jinyoung hyung is up to something right now," we heard BamBam and Nayeon eonni's head immediately turns towards him.

"Come again? What did you say?" She asked and I feel like I'm a dumb here for not knowing their conversations.

"It's about Jinyoung, he's up to something right now," he said again and Nayeon eonni's face become furious.

"Tell him, I need to meet him, that jerk!" She shouted and she pulls me. I don't know what they're talking about.

“Who’s Jinyoung?” I asked Nayeon eonni but she didn’t answer. “Are you hiding something from me?”

“No, I’m not,” she answered and I didn’t talked again. I guess she’s not willing to tell something about that Jinyoung.

• New Year's Day •

After those hectic schedules I had, my hard works have been paid off. I'm with my family right now and I could feel that there is something more than happiness right now.

“Hyun Mi, smile!” Hyohyeon eonni shouted as she took a picture of me.

I smiled and then the picture was captured. Baekhyun oppa stood beside me and he helped me grilling the meats.

“You’re so bad in cooking, let me help,” he said and I punched his shoulder.

He glared at me and then I made a peace sign, I ran towards Appa and told him that Baekhyun oppa was pissing me off. Appa scolded him and we laughed.

“Baekhyun, stop teasing your sister,” Appa said and I stick out my tongue. Suho oppa laughed so hard and he helped Baekhyun oppa in cooking the foods.

“Aish! The two of you should go away, it’s not the right position when you flip a meat!” Chanyeol oppa said and grabs the tong from Baekhyun oppa’s hand. “You should do it like this.”

“You’re one great chef Channie,” Seohyun eonni said while laughing at Baekhyun and Suho oppa.

“Joker,” Yoona eonni said while scrolling on her phone.

Chanyeol oppa’s head turned towards her and they look at each other. Yoona eonni raised her eyebrow and Chanyeol oppa rolled her eyes.

“Yoona, help me with this, you’re my assistant and I’m your chef,” Chanyeol oppa said and Yoona eonni got pissed.

“Are you joking me?”

“Maybe?” We all laughed and Eomma scolded them for always quarrelling.

“Chanyeol-ah! Yoona, you should stop quarrelling. We should celebrate the New Year’s Day with peace in our hearts, okay? So, let’s cook the food with inner peace and full of love. Come my babies, let me help you,” Eomma helped them and I stood behind JooA who was listening to music.

“Hyun Mi,” Suho oppa said as he approached me.

I looked at him and he gave me a smile. He took the handkerchief from me and looks at it. He smiled at the thought of it and I wonder what he wanted to say after all the stories I told him about Kim Yu Gyeom.

“Do you like him?” He asked and I shook my head. “I guess you are.”

“Guessing is an option but not an opportunity,” I said and he gave me back the handkerchief.

“I think you’re wrong. Guessing is sometimes an opportunity when you don’t have an option,” I smiled at him and looked back at the handkerchief.

“You’re right. You’re the most intelligent person I’ve ever met,” I said and he pats my head. “It’s been six months since I’ve last saw him,” I added and he rolled his eyes.

“You’re too young to meet the boy whom you are destined with so don’t take it seriously. Relationships with regards to your age are just experiences and not preparations,” he said and I nodded.

I often asked myself if I truly like him but I guess, I don’t know. I just want to give back the handkerchief. It always runs inside my head.

“Thanks oppa, I will put that inside my head, always,” I said and he smiled at me.

“You should.”

“The foods are already cooked! We should eat now,” Eomma called us and we walk towards the table to eat together.

• Four Months left before JYP Sixteen •

After practicing for our vocal lessons, I walked out together with Nayeon, Sana and Mina. We walked towards the stairs again and there were a bunch of guys who are walking upstairs.

As I’m watching them, I looked for the one I’m after but with no luck, I didn’t found him so I just walked away and ignored them.

“Nayeon!” We stopped for a while when we heard someone who called Nayeon’s name. “Hi.”

The boys are shouting and they hit someone. Nayeon eonni glared at them but she walks away. Is it Jinyoung?

“Let’s go! Just ignore them,” she said and we followed her.

A guy who is running towards them catches my attention and I looked at him. It’s him.

I was about to approach him but then, I changed my mind. I’m not ready to talk to him and I don’t know why but I’m happy to see him.

Kim Yu Gyeom looks at me and our gazes met. He winks at me and I was shocked then I turned away.

• JYP Sixteen’s Result •

The girls are so excited to see the results and at the same time, nervous. I watched them until I got my turn. I scanned for my name but I saw none.

I watched it again but there’s no Park Hyun Mi on the paper.