Chapter Six: Getting to Know each Other

She Got Seven

After practicing, I lay down on the sofa, tired and exhausted. Who wouldn’t be? We’ve been memorizing steps for four hours. No water, no snacks.

I scan my phone to see if there are any messages but I see nothing. I threw my phone inside my bag, luckily, it went in.

The boys are talking about stuffs and they’re reviewing the steps. I’m just watching them and I scan their faces once again. I didn’t memorize their names yet but I have to, I’ll be working with them for years. I don’t know if I can handle them.

“Hey, are you okay?” I looked up to see who’s talking.

My heart skips a beat when I saw his face. How dare he? I sat up straight and gulped. I don’t know what to say.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks,” I said and smiled at him. God, this is ridiculous.

He smiled at me also and sat beside me. This is awkward. The other boys are busy with their own business and I’m thankful because they can’t tease me.

We we’re silent and we don’t talk. It’s okay, maybe I could get shameful experiences when I talk to him.

“Do you still remember me?” He asked and I looked at him. What is his point?

I thought for a moment before answering his question. To be honest, I really don’t know what to say. To lie or not are my options and I couldn’t tell exactly what am I going to choose.

“No, I’ve only met you here,” I said and he smirked.

I was stunned at what he did and to be honest, it’s very cool. He chuckled and my heart beat is getting louder and faster, what am I feeling? I should stay calm.

He looked at me and said, “I was the one who gave you the handkerchief, I mean you dropped your handkerchief while walking.”

Oh, the handkerchief. I grabbed my bag immediately to see if I brought the hanky but with no luck, I left it at home. Nice.

I looked at him and he just smiled at me. Is he trying to be cool in front of me? I don’t think so. I’m getting pissed.

“Excuse me mister, it’s not my hanky and you gave it to the wrong person,” I said and he just smiled at me. What’s wrong with him?

“Oh really? I thought it’s yours but keep it,” he said while putting his cap on.

I didn’t answer him. Few minutes later, my phone rang and that’s why I pull my phone from my bag. Someone’s calling.

Last night, he texted me and now, he’s calling me for heaven’s sake! Please help me.

I swiped my finger through the screen and answered it. “Hello? Who is this?”

There was silence along the other line and right now, my heart is nowhere to be placed. It’s getting wild.

“Oh, sorry for bothering you Hyun Mi, this is Bambam,” I heave out a sigh and I chuckled. I’m being paranoid.

“Oh? Bambam? I’m sorry I didn’t replied to your message last night because I thought it’s a different person. By the way, where did you get my phone number?” I asked him, curious.

Yugyeom looks at me and I ignored him. “Oh, I got it from Nayeon,” Bambam answered.

I rolled my eyes. Gosh, Nayeon Eonni is giving my phone number to anyone. I should tell this to her later.

“Aigoo, she shouldn’t give you my number but it’s okay, it’s just you,” I said and he chuckles.

“Sorry. Where are you now? I’m heading to JYP building right now to get my practices for my upcoming debut. Thankfully, JYP pd-nim told me that I’ll debut soon and that I should go the building,” I smiled at what he said and I really want to shout now.

Who wouldn’t be? I think he’ll debut with me. Thank God Bambam is here to accompany me. I really love that idea.

“Really? Omo! I’m here at JYP building also, the boys’ practice room?” I said and he became silent for a moment.

“Wait, what? You’re at the boys’ practice room? What are you doing there?” I giggled and I didn’t answer him. I want to surprise him.

I ended the call and then I put my phone back to my bag. I sighed and there’s a smile forming along my lips.

I looked at the boys once again and yeah, such a shame. They’re looking at me while that Jackson guy gave me a teasing smile. Tsk.

“Is Bambam your boyfriend?” A guy named Jaebum (who debuted with Jinyoung during JJP) asked me and my eyes widened. How could he think like that? Aish.

I shook my head in reply and they were all chuckling. “We’re just friends,” I said and they laughed at me. What’s wrong?

“Don’t mind them,” Yugyeom said and I just smiled at him. “They just really think that Bambam is a boyfriend to everyone because he’s friendly,” he said and I nodded.

“How did you know that?” I asked him.

He cleared his throat and looks at me. “I’m his best friend and roommate, that’s why I knew something about him.”

My eyes widened and I smiled at him. Who would have thought that they are close friends? I’m shook.

“I didn’t expect that,” I said and he chuckles.

He sat up straight and said, “I also didn’t expect that you two are close friends.”

I didn’t answer him and instead, I just smiled at him. There was a knock on the door and our attention turns towards it.

The door opens and Bambam enters. He smiled at everyone and I smiled at him. He was shocked when he saw me and plus, he really pointed his index finger to me.

“What is she doing here?” He asker and they laughed at him. “Yah! Why did you end the call?”

I chuckled and said, “Sorry, I want to tell you this in person.”

“Then, what is it?” He asked me, eyebrows raised.

“I’ll be debuting with you,” he’s speechless for the first time and a smile formed on his lips.

“Really? So, that’s why you are not belonged to JYP Sixteen?” He asked again and I nodded.

The other boys were just listening to us until we heard a knock on the door again. The door opens and JYP pd-nim enters the room. We bowed down to him and he just smiled at us.

“Okay, listen up. My first plan is to debut a six boy members with one girl to form the boy group Got7 but I gave chance to Bambam that’s why the new concept is She Got7 but the group’s name is still Got7,” he said and I looked at Bambam and gave him a thumbs up.

Jinyoung raised his hand and asked JYP. “But why is it still a boy group when we have a girl member?” Is he trying to kick me out?

“Because the concept is still about boy group,” pd-nim said and we nodded. “You should always take good care of the girl; she’ll be the most precious member when all of you will debut,” he added and my heart flutters.

“Don’t worry pd-nim, we’ll take good care of her,” Jackson said and we laughed at him. “What? I’m just keeping his words.”

We keep quiet and look at JYP. “All of you, please sit at the couch for a while. We need to talk about something.”

We followed his instructions and Youngjae offered me a seat. I smiled at him and the other three boys—Mark, Jackson and Jaebum sat on the floor.

I sat beside Bambam and Youngjae and I feel awkwardness. They’re so noisy and they like to move a lot.

“Who’s going to be the leader?” Pd-nim asked and they pointed Jaebum. “Alright, Jaebum will be the leader. You need to take a look at your members,” he added and Jaebum nodded.

He also talked about our managers and I feel . Who would be my manager? My brothers and sisters are not available of course. They’re also busy.

“Next week, you’ll gonna prepare what I’ve said. All of you except Bambam can go now. Rest well because tomorrow is a tiring day. All of you will prepare the song for your debut. Hyun Mi and Yugyeom, suggest a choreography for tomorrow’s song because you two will be the main dancers. Okay, you may now go,” Pd-nim walked away and we stood up.

I took my bag and grab my phone inside. I opened the lock and texted Suho oppa. Before sending it, I remember that we had a fight so I deleted the message.

“Hyun Mi, create a good choreography with Yugyeom!” Jackson shouted and I smiled while nodding at him. “He has a—

He didn’t finished what he said because Yugyeom shouted. “Yah! Shut up. Don’t mind him,” he said to me and I nodded.

I walked out from the practice room and make my way towards the hallway. Now, I’m doomed. This is my first time walking alone here and I don’t know which way or what way will I take in to get out.

“Hey,” I turned my head beside me and I saw Yugyeom. “I suggest that we’ll make the choreography today and I’ll bring you home afterwards,” he added and I’m shocked because he talked fast.

“What?” I asked because I don’t get him.

He chuckles and said. “I mean, we could create the choreography together—

He stopped when the other boys went outside and saw us. They we’re teasing us and now I’m very ashamed. These guys are really malicious.

“We’re just friends, okay?” I said and they acted like I hurt their feelings.

“Aww, it’s okay Yuggie boy. Sooner or later, it will be more than friends,” Jackson said and I chuckled in disbelief. This guy is really pissing me off.

They walked away and Jaebum saluted before us. “See you tomorrow!” He added and Yugyeom nodded at him.

He looks at me again and scratched his head. “I mean, we could do the choreography together this afternoon and I’ll take you home afterwards, is it okay for you?”

I smiled at him and I take a look at my watch. It’s still 12:01. I looked at him who’s waiting for an answer.

“First of all, I’m hungry. Let’s eat first then we’ll do the choreography. Together,” I said while smiling at him.

His face lightens up and smiled at me. “Okay, let’s go. My treat.”

I walked with him and we’re just quiet. While walking, I memorized the way so that I won’t be lost next time.

“What are you thinking?” He asked and I smiled at him.

“Nothing much, just memorizing the way, you know, I didn’t know the way here,” he chuckles and we took a turn in the left.

“We could go together if you’re not comfortable going here alone,” he said while smiling at me.

I can’t help myself not to smile at what he said. He’s such adorable. “No thanks, I’m okay. I memorized it already,” I added.

We arrived at the JYP’s exit and we walked towards the pedestrian lane. As soon as the light goes green, we walked along it and then we waited for a taxi.

A taxi stopped and Yugyeom announces the name of the shop. We went inside the taxi and the driver starts the engine.

“Are you feeling cold?” He asked me and I shook my head.

We were quiet for a while until the taxi stopped. Yugyeom gave him money but I stopped him, I take off my hand from his arm and pretend that nothing happens. I don’t want him to spend all the expenses.

“I’ll pay for it,” I gave the driver the payment and I waited for my change.

“Here you go lad,” the driver said and we went outside the taxi.

I followed Yugyeom and we went inside the shop. The shop’s theme is about coffee and flowers and I like the ambience here. We seated at the right corner and a waitress approaches us.

She gave us two menus and Yugyeom pointed the dishes that he wants. After ordering, the waitress left us and brought with her two menus.

“I like it here,” I said and Yugyeom’s face is priceless. Seems like he can’t believe what I’ve said.

He smiled and leans his arms on the table. “Really? Me too that’s why I want to eat here and I thought you won’t like it because I know you’re from a rich family and—

I laughed at him and then he laughed with me. Everybody thinks we’re rich but to be honest, we’re just a simple yet big family who likes to eat even though it’s not holiday.

“What are you talking about? We’re just a commoner like you,” I said and he smiled at me.

“You’re so talented,” he added and I became speechless and I can’t take my smile away. “How about you’ll say thank you Kim Yu Gyeom?”

I chuckled and look at him. “Okay, thank you Kim Yu Gyeom,” I said.

After few minutes of waiting, the food arrives and I immediately ate. I don’t care what I will look like; all I care is about me, being hungry.

After eating, I drank the water that was served and I’m really full. I think I can’t dance due to this.

“The food here is also great,” I said and he chuckles.

“I know right, we should go here often,” he said and I nodded.

Yugyeom called the waitress to ask for the bill. He paid all of the expenses and we went outside the shop.

“So, where are we going next?” I asked him and he thought for a while.

He looks at me and then he said. “We’ll go to dance studio I know, it’s near YG Entertainment. I love it there, it’s quite,” he said and I nodded.

A taxi stopped and we went inside it, taking us to his favorite dance studio.

When the taxi stopped in front of a building, I paid the driver and we walked towards the dance studio he had said.

The building is surrounded with trees and all kinds of plants. He’s right, it’s peaceful here because it is surrounded with pure nature.

“Is it okay here?” He asked me while glancing at the trees. I nodded at him and we took a step inside the studio.

I placed my bag on one of the chairs and Yugyeom gets his phone from his pocket. He played the beat and he’s starting to make choreography.

As I watched him, I can’t help but be amazed at what he did. His skills in dancing are not a joke. He really has the features of an idol.

“What can you suggest?” He asked and I stood up, helping him to make moves.